3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Pick and Paste Tool does not show up

Go to solution Solved by GoG,

The Pick and Paste Tool does not show up in the Sculpt Room on my laptop.  It does show up on my desktop computer. I have version 2023.19 on both machines. I have reset to default settings, selected show all tools in the section and did a uninstall and reinstall all to no avail.  Has anyone else had this problem?

image.png

Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

awhawkins was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Sorry I am lost about this issue.

Wait for next version, the release of 2023.20 will be soon.

I figured it out.  I unstalled the 3dcoat and deleted all the 3DCoat folders/files in C:\Users\username\Documents.  I noticed there was 3DCoat version 4 folder in that directory.  After I deleted it. I reinstalled 3DCoat2023.16 and updated it to 2023.19. This fixed the issue.  I think the 3DCoat version 4 folder had some files that was interferring with the current version.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Carlosan pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
  • Solution
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

GoG was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

Sorry for digging this up. So I found out what's actually going on there in case someone wants to know/fix it.

When you bring over settings from old versions and have customized your rooms before, the file toolset.cpp in Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\Rooms\CustomRooms\Voxels\ doesn't get merged/updated.

Comparison between new toolset.cpp (left) and my old toolset.cpp (right):

1323163012_2024-02-2117_38_01-.thumb.png.0ca36c4692e01d2b32e7c99023801320.png

In the same way, some other tools might also be missing depending on how old your old version is.

142783014_2024-02-2117_39_10-Window.thumb.png.7e9b9221fe6d12d18c4c64c87d6ed9d8.png1117162301_2024-02-2117_39_24-Window.thumb.png.b1d896c84152b1dda35fcd50bb14eb93.png1670793251_2024-02-2117_38_58-Window.thumb.png.4997ff70311c63db7abb4270818ebd03.png

To fix it without deleting the whole folder and losing your old customizations, you can merge it yourself (copying missing lines using WinMerge or something). It is a pain though and I hope it gets fixed/automated by 3DCoat upon installing.

(New version's toolset.cpp can be found inside 3DCoat install path Program Files\3DCoat-[version]\UserPrefs\Rooms\Default\Voxels\)

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by GoG

• Carlosan changed the title to Pick and Paste Tool does not show up
On 2/21/2024 at 5:01 AM, GoG said:

Sorry for digging this up. So I found out what's actually going on there in case someone wants to know/fix it.

When you bring over settings from old versions and have customized your rooms before, the file toolset.cpp in Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\Rooms\CustomRooms\Voxels\ doesn't get merged/updated.:

I am having a similar problem with latest update 2024.07 where the new Multiple Objects Tools does not show up. If I am understanding your solution correctly, this is if I brought in custom room from a previous room.  This is not the case with on my desktop where I am experiencing this problem.  My laptop updated perfectly but my desktop is another story.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Pick and Paste Tool does not show up