3DCoat Forums

Bake colors from Voxels to Retopo/Paint mesh

SreckoM

Question

I have Voxel object that I also painted. Now I want to export it as mesh. Did Autoretopo and Decimation, and I got retopo mesh. Now want to bake, beside normal map, colors too. If I do Bake with Normal map it just bakes Normal map. I also tried right click on Voxel and bake Color from Visible Volumes but nothing happens.

What is the correct workflow and is this possible at all ?

5 answers to this question

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, SreckoM said:

I have Voxel object that I also painted. Now I want to export it as mesh. Did Autoretopo and Decimation, and I got retopo mesh. Now want to bake, beside normal map, colors too. If I do Bake with Normal map it just bakes Normal map. I also tried right click on Voxel and bake Color from Visible Volumes but nothing happens.

What is the correct workflow and is this possible at all ?

it should just bake the color map , when you baking high to low .. i just tried it and mines working fine

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version----2024.14 and 2023.41 both work. 

It is Important to give the version of 3DC you are using. 

Edit: I was tired so had to check a few times to be sure, sorry for any inconvenience.

Posted (edited)

Using latest Linux version.

I think something is messed up with scene, it bakes shader color but not painting I did. Also now none of the layers I painted are working, hiding/unhiding does nothing. And if I convert voxel to surface it loses paints too and show only shader. Worst thing is that I saved this scene at some point when I was trying and have only broken scene... Well will have to repaint retopo mesh directly than.

Edited by SreckoM