3DCoat Forums

Clearing layers in Voxel and Retopo rooms (plus meshes)

digman

• Reputable Contributor

This is not so much as a request as something that would help clear some confusion on layers. Right now when you clear a voxel model in the voxel room, it leaves the mesh if you have quadrangulated or retopoed in the retopo room. Also the layer is not removed. Now if you add a new primitive or imported mesh and quadranqulate it adds a new layer in the retopo room, Now you have one empty un-needed layer in the retopo room which can cause new users confusion.

New users sometimes do not realize they have to clear the quadranqulate mesh or retopoed mesh in the retopo room which then causes problems.

My suggestion. When clearing a voxel model in the voxel room it would by default clear the quadrangulated or retopoed mesh in the retopo room plus all layers would be cleared.

Your proposal is dangerous.

Better: Clear the retopo room only, when all voxel layers are empty.

I don't like your feature request really. Sometimes people clear the voxel layers to get more memory. And if you clear the retopo room too, all your retopo work is gone...

Maybe better is to create a new retopo/object layer if someone automatically quadrangulate an object.

• Advanced Member

I also find remaining empty layers after deletions or layers with questionable contents a pain.

There could be a simple fix I believe: All layers - regardless where need a Thumbnail of their

contents. When one hovers over them with the mouse they should give a large preview.