3DCoat Forums

Flame war in cgtalk forum

haikalle

• Applink Developer

I think that we have to be very careful how we are marketing this program in other forums. Remember that there is

a lot of people who loves zbrush and mudbox as much we love 3d-coat. For example if topic is "Zbrush update" it dosen't mean

that we have to go there and say why 3d-coat is better in this and this. Let the 3d-coat product speak for itself. Also sometimes just being silent

is the best marketing. People will change to use 3d-coat because they like it, not because we say so. :good:

I don't really post on CGS anymore. It's really annoying to be honest. They've moved a number of applications to the "legacy" section, including Modo, Messiah, Corel Painter, etc., which is pretty annoying.

Not to mention all of the trolls (veehoy is one of them, had plenty of run ins with him on the NT forums in the past).

Anyway, you're absolutely right. Best approach is to ignore people like that... But sometimes I enjoy a confrontation, especially when the other person is flat out wrong.

I was kind of laughing about that on Twitter. I came across that zbrush thread and started reading, before I knew it it looked like a 3DC flame war was starting (I have not posted in that thread). I remembered the same thing happening on the NewTek forum and realized it was started by the same person.

I was kind of laughing about that on Twitter. I came across that zbrush thread and started reading, before I knew it it looked like a 3DC flame war was starting (I have not posted in that thread). I remembered the same thing happening on the NewTek forum and realized it was started by the same person.

Its probably better to just post an image made in 3D Coat then spend the time on words. A picture speaks a thousand words...