3DCoat Forums

buddha land

blackant Master

• Advanced Member

I like the model. And I have to agree, there are only 5 shaders that have any use to me. The rest just make things unreadable like you say. And they are also voxel density dependant. So if you like to stay in low res for as long as possible, some shaders will remain unusuable for quite some time.

• Advanced Member

Very nice Buddha, textured versions.

These shaders are OK for voxels preview but more interesting when baking them, they give a nice base for more painting.

My suggestion, construct a seamless quad texture in Ps. (you know how? filters/other/offset. the old method works fine). Edit a default tex shader and save as. Tune the resolution depending on the voxels res, add some bump, 3dcoat bakes it as normal maps.(PPP) ;)

• Advanced Member

Voxel painting? Is that true?

Do you mean you tweaked the shaders?

Good luck with your buddha. I think the head

is slightly too streched in the y axis. It gives

him strange proportions. But as always it could

also be a part of it's style.

Good luck with it

ps: Your new avatar is cool!

• Advanced Member

thx garagarape, yes he's a littlebit flat on z, prefere to say.. but it's not really a problem i fink he looks cool ! lol

michalli: i don't talk about painting voxel by color, i mean sculpting... with a brush like when i paint, i have same sensations. not like real sculpting.

• Advanced Member

thanks,

contraints are speciffied as:

from this image do what you are inspired (an opened window with in front a statue of buddha, some books and candels...)

10000 polys, texture in 4096, only one texture and pixel must be unique in use. baked AO must be done with mental ray or something like that.

at this point i have finished to bake the first texture diff and normal for the whole decor. i have added the starting face for the "pagode" on the top right to be unwrapped with.

post-2422-0-77351400-1316622716_thumb.jp

now i'll build this pagode outside by duplicating the floors, i'm certainly wrong for this cause they ask for unique pixel but "tant pis" i do like that.