3DCoat Forums
    • Try pressing with LMB the wrench in the upper right side of the web site. Which version do you need ?
    • I have the same issue. When I'm drawing without releasing the pen, my FPS drop from around 400 to 25-40 (this is what 3DCoat shows in the bottom left corner). The version I'm using is 2024.17 and I have quite a powerful laptop with Intel Core i9 and GeForce RTX 4070.   The last version on which I didn't have this issue was 2023.23. It seems something changed in 2023.24, my guess is this:     Also, after some testing I figured that the issue happens only on low poly models with big faces. For example if I create the default cube in the modeling room that has 24 faces, then I don't have the issue. But if I reduce the number of faces from 24 to 6, the FPS drops while painting. So as a workaround, I would suggest downgrading to 2023.23 or to divide big faces on the mesh into smaller ones.
    • I don't have it. I bought the product, have it in my invoices and was able to activate it. Sometimes it says that I should update and I go where the link leads and I see old versions there. But I can't find this page now.  
    • it wasnt anything specific , i retopo a sphere and tried duplicating it and moving it ... 
    • And yeah nomad will be on desktop and that's definitely something I'm going to buy just because it's going to make files accessible and the price is cheap. 3dc needs this flexibility to operate on desktop and mobile. 
    • Haven't visited the forum in a while. Any chance we get a mobile version in motion? I'm pretty much  fixed doing sculpting in blender in desktop and nomad for tablet. Still use 3dcoat for painting, uv, retopo. Would love to add 3dcoat on tablet.  Zbrush will be on tablet so why not 3dc please 
    • Yep, drivers are up to date. Gonna try to record it later.
    • nope, never saw that, I also never had a crush becouse accidental huge objects creation, my pc only slowed down dramaticly for few minutes,   
    • Let me see... UV/Modes category are in both Rooms - different name ON UV room, Selected is always showed On Modeling room, you must select Mark Seams to see the subcategory Selected * * It is not the best UI design, I know. We are working on it < Testing 3DC 2024.19 <> DAZ 4.22 connection
    • 3D Artist Antonina Korkodola breaks down the creation of this House in the Desert. She covers her goals, blockout, approach to assembling the environment using marketplace assets and custom props, texturing, setting up animations, lighting, creating realistic dust and fog, video rendering and post-production. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vDa2ga https://gamesartist.co.uk/desert-house/
    • If user have an old version in their account they will see them in their account Press Download Product All previous version are listed there
    • Please send me scene .3b in which polygroup copying does not work.
    • I can't get to this page. I know the page with old release exists because I've been there. Can somebody give me the adress? I think I've found a bug but I need to test it on old versions  
    • - zb to 3dcoat, 3dcoat to zb... the steps I posted above...is this process working as expected ? are polygroups i/o working ? - working like a charm, really good actually. ( Scale - Good / Polycount - Good / Polygroups - Good ) - the only other downside to working in the modelling room is the loss of many of the UV functionality  Which ones ? could you list please -- certainly, please see attached. Capture 1 & 2 is the functions in the UV Room - Capture 3 is the only UV functions I can see in the Modelling Room - Any morphs will need to be created based on the new mesh updated in 3DCHad you created morphs in zb before sending the model to uv mapping in 3dcoat? - Not in this case no, because I have learnt from past mistakes. I've realised that much of my time has been wasted by personally not nailing down a workflow. So I've been chipping away at that....
    • hmmm... thanks for the info, so I need to do more tests. question: - zb to 3dcoat, 3dcoat to zb... the steps I posted above... is this process working as expected ? are polygroups i/o working ? - the only other downside to working in the modelling room is the loss of many of the UV functionality   Which ones ? could you list please - Any morphs will need to be created based on the new mesh updated in 3DC Had you created morphs in zb before sending the model to uv mapping in 3dcoat?
    • Hi Carlosan, Higher up in this thread I experimented with Version 3d-Coat-V4_1-17D-64 on a simple cylinder test that seemed to work. The best recollection I had was when we were able to export meshes from the UV Room so I think that was version 4. Regarding "Do you have this option turned off ?" - I had experimented with both On & Off "Treat Retopo Groups as Materials " Awesome mate, this is good insight and information, thank you very much for reviewing the workflow. -------------------------------- Following your workflow certainly consolidates the process will save me time and gives me nearly everything I need. It Keeps Groups / I can Update UVs / Easy Export / Matches ZBrush... ( Polys and Points ) BUT unfortunately  the outputted mesh is dealing with the one main issue and that is DAZ Studio still does not recognise this new object as identical to the original and will not allow any morphs to be created (from the original). I am guessing this is related/caused by Vertices Order as everything else matches. All this means is I need to be careful with my workflow. Any morphs will need to be created based on the new mesh updated in 3DC. Also, the only other downside to working in the modelling room is the loss of many of the UV functionality. So if I want to manually make adjustments to the UV I will need to bake it. --------------------------------- With this method I couldn't find a way to export the mesh with "Use Source Positions". Even if I Bake it to the 'Paint Room' and then export with "Use Source Positions" still no good. -------------------------------- I think this is the biggest difference from the past. I/we used to be able to import mesh into the UV room, make changes and export it directly from UV room.  
    • this doesnt work ... it copies the polygroup but doesnt show anything