3DCoat Forums
    • do you mean using the green channel of the normal map for handpainting ? or having the normal map itself as the diffuse? if so all you do is export normal map and then import diffuse texture and apply it that way or, for handpainting , export normal map , open it in your desired photo editing software, use the green channel and export it back and use that as a diffuse texture
    • Hi Carlosan,     Thanks so much for your quick response. I appreciate all of the help you constantly provide us with. Have a great day. Cheerio lululee
    • Case: NZXT H7 Flow (2024) Review - TechPowerUp. Microphone: FIFINE K688 Review - APH Networks. Router: TP-Link Archer BE3600 Wi-Fi 7 router review- Dual-band Wi-Fi 7 for less than $100 - Tom's Hardware. Thanks Neutronbeam. Case: Montech XR Review - TechPowerUp. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: PCCOOLER RZ820 Review - TechPowerUp. Headset/Earbuds: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds (2024) Review - PCMag. Laptop: AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370 - ASUS ZenBook S 16 (Zen 5 Mobile - RDNA 3.5) - Guru3D. Microphone: Antlion Audio ModMic USB 2 Microphone - Christ Centered Gamer. Mini PC: GMK NucBox K9 mini PC review- Core Ultra 5 125H with Arc 7 graphics - NotebookCheck.net Reviews.
    • Go to channels Open Depth options Blend mode will help
    • Please Change the Shape format from .eps to .svg. Eps only causes errors and bugs in 3dcoat 2024.
    • blob is great for blocking out simple shapes but i wish there was an options to have each shape be a new layer , so every time you use it layer is created , secondly , it would be amazing if we could get a real time thickness slider , its not super important but would be nice .
    • When I switch to sphere tool I can longer rotate or zoom. I can however still pan. While mostly unable to navigate around, I can still use the tool to create meshes, but I am locked into whatever angle of view I was in when I switch to Sphere tool. When I switch to any other tool, my ability to rotate around and zoom in/out is completely functional. I have rotate set to alt+LMB, and zoom on alt+RMB Is there some way I could have accidentally played with a setting that disables these commands in sphere tool specifically?  I'm feeling pretty lost on this one. thanks!
    • Massive amount of material, thanks for sharing .
    • Hi, When using depth how can I make it so the bottom line does not show? Cheerio lululee
    • here's what i wound up doing.  love any feedback if there is a better way. - create a plane that is 1-1 with the texel density of the texture.  (ex. a 10x10 plane matches my texture in world space) - save a camera position in front of the plane (via save camera or a camera shortcut) - to open a smart material:     move the camera to the default position via the camera shortcut or save     open the smart material (in "From Camera" mode)     scale the stencil texture to match the plane 1-1.     ensure the lock button is enabled     use the smart material to project - to close the smart material: return the camera to the default position via the camera shortcut or save unlock the stencil close the material
    • I just bought 3D Coat Textura. In Edit > Preferences > In/Out > External 2D Editor I have set the path to Photoshop but hotkey CTRL+P or CTRL+ALT+P doesn't work. I also can't update/change the hotkey - when I hover mouse over the field - info to click the 'END' shows up - but nothing happens when I click END on the keyboard. Screen:  https://imgur.com/a/fC38JUD Summary: How can I define hotkey for External 2D Editor  ?  
    • please contact sales@3dcoat.com thanks We offer a one-month trial so you can try it for free to see if the software fits your needs.
    • 3dcoat is not functional due to INSANE amount of bugs. barely an alpha.  I see no effort from pilgway to go turbo on bug fixes which be 50-100 bug fixes per update. in that speed it might be solid build in 12 months, maybe. I have more then 57 bugs right now on a brand new M3 max, im not going to document each one im not on a payroll as QA. Bottom line 3dcoat is not a production tool i can use. I ask again for a refund, i hope ill not be forced to go legal with that because i can show more than 15 different bugs in only 40 min of recording my work on a new file.  Please contact me and proceed refunding me the 80 something EUR i paid.  Im using blender now its great and solve all my needs for everything.   Thank you.
    • Actually, I think it might be worth exploring because of the Auto-Rigging...something 3DCoat doesn't currently have.