3DCoat Forums
    • Hmmm... when running the cloth simulator over our shape... the cloth seems to just gravity drop right through the mesh.   Any thoughts? 3DCoatGL64_y62QTlbM68.mp4    
    • Ok great, thank you I think this could work well    
    • its quite an old piece of software now but its great for blocking out etc... would actually be an amazing tool inside sculpt , its open source so i dont see any implications of adding it ..   
    • Thank you. I think I found what the issue that was. It was about my pen sensitivity. Or driver issue. I changed sensitivity and and didn't see that issue anymore.
    • Hi Please contact Andrew directly asking for this. Thanks
    • 3DCoat has a surprisingly powerful cloth simulation built in. You can use it in voxel sculpting room. You can either use your own cloth object or use the default one. You can interact with the ongoing simulation by brushing over it with mouse. This gives you nice way to make the result look more organic.  
    • Hello 3DCoat Team! In Python I made a nice Curve Create Script. But How can i get a point? Coat the function coat.Curve.point() returns a value not python compatible. I would like to Store all points (XYZ) of a curve in a List. How? (to create a bounding box, because viewall does not work for curves) -------------------------------------------------------- -Access single Points, -Select/Deselect Points by idx -Modify Position, Type, smooth/sharp/, radius  -ideally Tangents  -open or close curve without $cmd Here the working curve script for explorers: import coat   # Create a new curve object mycurve = coat.Scene.curvesRoot().addChild("New_Curve") CurveInstance=coat.SceneElement(mycurve)   # Create a list of coat.vec3 objects points = [     coat.vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0),     coat.vec3(1.0, 0.0, 0.0),     coat.vec3(1.0, 1.0, 0.0),     coat.vec3(0.0, 1.0, 0.0) ]   for point in points:     coat.Curve(CurveInstance).add(point, coat.vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0), 2)   coat.Curve(CurveInstance).removePoints(2,2)  #remove some points test   # coat.Curve(CurveInstance).point()  I hope everybody is doing well. All the Best!
    • I need to create some crushed metal square tubes.   However, I need the square tubes to first follow a pen drawing (outline shape of horse and woman)... once I've created the square tubes to follow the pen drawing (top view looking down)   I then need to figure out a way to 'crush' this square tube, so it gets soft body physics like this:   I'm finding some tutorials for blender... but hoping I can do this all inside 3D coat. Possible to do anything close to what I need?       Thanks
    • Hi Friends, I recently got a Macbook Pro and have a 3d connexion spacemouse. On the PC, the 3D Connexion spacemouse works great with 3dcoat, but I'm having a different experience with it on the Macbook Pro. The buttons don't map correctly, but I'm new to the Macbook so It might be me, but curious if others find that it's not the same experience using the spacemouse on a Mac compared to the PC. Thanks for any bit of guidance.
    • OK: Antivirus has the rule set OK: installed on C: disk BAD: will run it as administrator and test it. will NEVER: install OneDrive on my machine xD I made my own cloud will update here if that solves my issue.  Thank you  
    • Any antivirus is blocking the app ? Are you running 3DC as Administrator ? Was 3DC installed on disc C:\ ? Do you have OneDrive installed ?
    • A small flaw in the title. They need to be combined somehow, I haven't figured out how yet. 1st tool for training. Sorry
    • Another mirage in the modeling room.   
    • Hei Guys! new here, I have installed 3d coat just few weeks ago. I recently opened it and started sculpting a mesh circa 1 mil tris on voxel mode and I started playing with some brushes, however the whole program was not responding at any brush stroke. it completely froze down. After few minutes it would start again, but just to go back to program not responding after another brush stroke. In surface mode it works fine, all the others rooms are fine.  I have this issue also on textura. I have a - nvidia 3070 - i9-10850k - 32gb ram 3200 mhz - ssd 980 samsung not really a monster of a pc for high 3d stuff, it is good for most of the things and will run for another 3-4 years however for rendering, maya and others with heavy assets...it really show what a bad choice of components i did 3 years ago. What am I doing wrong? thanks