3DCoat Forums
    • 2024.27 issue. On first install I can open at end of install. Second time I try to open it hangs without opening. All drivers are up dated. I can install and run 2024.26. Windows 11, Nvidia 5000.  Hangs here.  
    • On Voxel mode you can try Clone tool  
    • Found a few bugs about Smart Extrude.   1. Edge shaking after using Deselect while using Smart Extrude. Steps to reproduce a Bug Create some polygons, go edge mode, use Smart Extrude, make extrude, press ctrl+D to make Deselect, make edge extrude again. Expected Result Edge extrude normally. Actual Result Edge shaking. 2. Deselect not working while using Smart Extrude. Steps to reproduce a Bug Use Smart Extrude, make extrude, press ctrl+D to make Deselect. Expected Result Edge is Deselected Actual Result Edge still selected.   3. Multiple edge selection not working properly while using Smart Extrude. Steps to reproduce a Bug Use Smart Extrude, try select a few edges with SHIFT button. Expected Result All edges are selected. Actual Result One edge is deselected.   3DCoat_BugReport_2.mp4    
    • Oh I see I need to switch to surface mode. Will try. Thanks.
    • I know how to download 2024.27 . I can open one time. The second time I try to open it hangs here. Im running Windows 11 pro, Nvidia A5000.  I have no issues with 2024.26. Theres something wrong with 2024.27. My drivers all up to date.
    • On surface mode try using pick & paste
    • Not happening. I cannot install 2024.27. It hangs on the small screen likes its opening but it doesnt. Tried installing twice.  Ive got the latest gitrhub release. I can send out of blender but not get back. At this point when I do texturing in 3dcoat I'll just export the textures. It only takes seconds to load them correctly into blender.
    • I honestly forgot if it was possible to clone an area like photoshop.  How can I clone the cloth pattern to another area.
    • You can download the working version here, or let 3DC install it automatically upgrading to version 2024.27 https://github.com/AndrewShpagin/io-coat3d * you need to uninstall the default version bundled with Blender, it is old
    • After reading this I went back in to see if mine was working as it did last time. Nope. Upgraded Blender to latest 4.2 LTS, 3dcoat is 2024.26 and the errors have returned. Its just easier to use open in external app and then go to the 3dc2blender and node them in.
    • I did some practice in retopo/modeling rooms and i found some bugs i want to report. I made a video where i detailed explain what happen. Also i decided add my experience and opinion about retopo/modeling working process i would be glad if some developers will see it, i hope it will be helpful. This is a bit long video so i uploaded it to my mega drive. https://mega.nz/file/lL8jDLSL#pkyz0o6sP1ix8UpzDhrxZGmukO0UsOFOJxBnt4zBdFU Also i leave a short text version about bugs only without my experience/opinion things. OS: Debian 12 KDE Plasma. Software version: 2024.26 (Run with Lutris )   1. Smart Retopo doesn't create polygons in user's UV set, only in Default. Steps to reproduce a Bug Create Custom UV set, Create Polygons with Smart Retopo  mode Loft/Strip/Quadrangulation. Expected Result New polygons created in User UV set. Actual Result New polygons created in Default UV set.   2. Right mouse button context menu doesn't open in Smart Retopo mode. Steps to reproduce a Bug Use Smart Retopo  mode Point to Polygons or another mode do right mouse click. Expected Result Open context menu. Actual Result Nothing happen.   3. UV island change their color when you add new island after deleted old island. Steps to reproduce a Bug By using Smart Retopo or other instrument create 3 UV island. Then delete first island. Create new island by using Points to Polygon (For greater clarity) or another tools. Expected Result 2 and 3 island doesn't change color. Actual Result 2 and 3 island change color randomly.   4. Opacity doesn't work without Colored UV island. Steps to reproduce a Bug Create some polygons, disable Colored UV island set Opacity 50%. Expected Result Mesh become half-transparent. Actual Result Mesh doesn't change it's transparent.   5. Smart-retopo create actual symmetric mesh in Virtual Mirror mode. Steps to reproduce a Bug Activate Virtual Mirror mode and Symmetric, create some mesh with smart retopo. Disable Symmetric and Virtual Mirror mode. Expected Result Mesh not symmetric. Actual Result Mesh is symmetric.   6. Retopo mesh doesn't display correctly after reopen 3DCoat. Steps to reproduce a Bug Create some retopo mesh, save project. Open project look at retopo mesh. Expected Result Mesh display correctly as it is. Actual Result Mesh doesn't display correct and with artifacts.   7. In painting room Select/Transform pivot disappear when you point mouse at selected object. Steps to reproduce a Bug Create painting object go to painting room. Click on Select/Transform -> Select Objects, click on object, click on move or scale. Point your cursor at object. Expected Result Pivot is visible. Actual Result Pivot hide inside object.