3DCoat Forums

Free Photoshop At Adobe

• Advanced Member

I think the site has been hammered,so it is unavailable for now! I think I saw the link on Gizmodo just as it appeared,and it all worked fine and so did Photoshop! I get the impression from a poster on Twitter that this has been around for a while,maybe having it on Gizmodo has made it go crazy!

• Contributor

its seem finally its a big mess up un their behalf;here is a message from one of Adobe Exec.

The thing is they gave away a lot of serials (only intended to be used if you got ALREADY a licence...)

But the harm is already done...

http://www.forbes.co...tions-for-free/

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930>.

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

- Dov

• Reputable Contributor

Well, with Adobe Cloud, you can essentially rent the whole array of software titles for either $30/mo or $50. That's pretty generous of them and an easy way to get a new license or get current without plopping down hundreds or thousands of $$$ up front.

• Contributor

About this Creative Cloud... Does it really work that simple? I inject Adobe a constant amount of $$ every month and they give me access to all of their up-to-date CS applications?

I hope it's not like: pay $30/month for one app, $60/month if you want to have access to two CS apps, $90 for three, etc.? :)

• Reputable Contributor

About this Creative Cloud... Does it really work that simple? I inject Adobe a constant amount of $$ every month and they give me access to all of their up-to-date CS applications?

I hope it's not like: pay $30/month for one app, $60/month if you want to have access to two CS apps, $90 for three, etc.? :)

Yep....it's that simple. $30/mo for the whole collection, not just one app. Kinda like a subscription to Lynda.com or Digital Tutors.

The downloads appear to be up at this time.

I'm downloading Creative Suite Disk 1 as a test.

I don't need it but, somehow I feel oddly obligated to try.

I'm seriously enjoying my CS6 Creative Cloud membership (Illustrator's new trace has already been real money for me) but, I don't like that they force you to install both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of certain apps. Just a simple check box that's all I ask. :)

Creative Cloud is very simple and yes, a good deal. Unfortunately times are tight and with Future Publishing taking months to send my paycheck I missed a payment so now have no Photoshop access. This CS2 will do perfectly to hold me over until the paycheck arrives!

Edit: I jumped on this and started downloading then suddenly realized, it's not just Photoshop, it's all of Creative Suite.

• Advanced Member

This "Free" offer still seems to be a bit of a grey area at the moment. Somebody posted the same link over on the Daz forum,I made a comment about it.The next day the thread was removed!

I opened an Adobe account, got an ID, which allowed me to get PS....did I do wrong? Heck they have even got my email and my address! I did it in good faith .I will look forward to them emailing telling me I shouldnt have done it!

I am keeping one eye on the adobe forum I mentioned above.....

Creative Cloud doesn't work like that Don. It's "Service as a Subscription". As soon as you stop paying it's gone, you don't get a license.

I see Phil mentioned it already, sorry to hear it happened to you Phil.

I just don't see how Adobe could retract such move, with a simple statement. It's already happened. People already have the software and the license. What are they going to do, sue everyone that downloaded it? It was their supposed mistake, or what they are calling a mistake anyway. I think it's weird that they did it in the first place.

• Reputable Contributor

Creative Cloud doesn't work like that Don. It's "Service as a Subscription". As soon as you stop paying it's gone, you don't get a license.

I see Phil mentioned it already, sorry to hear it happened to you Phil.

I just don't see how Adobe could retract such move, with a simple statement. It's already happened. People already have the software and the license. What are they going to do, sue everyone that downloaded it? It was their supposed mistake, or what they are calling a mistake anyway. I think it's weird that they did it in the first place.

That's why I said it's essentially like "renting" the app. You don't rent what you own. I also mentioned it was much like subscribing to a service like Lynda.com or digital tutors. You pay for access.

• Contributor

Yep....it's that simple. $30/mo for the whole collection, not just one app. Kinda like a subscription to Lynda.com or Digital Tutors.

Apparently not. Not for EU citizens that is. What we have to pay is:

- € 88,55 for monthly subscribtion for new users (minus € 24 for license owners), or

- € 59,03 per month for annual subscribtion (again, minus €24 for license owners, but the huge overpricing remains!)

Considering the fact that one Euro is worth much more than one USD and that Adobe charges a lot more € than they do $ for the subscription in every single plan they have in offer, I can't view the Cloud offer through pink glasses any more. I mean, it costs almost twice as much here in the Europe! And they didn't limit themselves to $1=€1 policy, they have gone far beyond this, like $1>€ 1. Just dandy. <_< A perfect example of price discrimination of the third degree.

So, it's not quite like DigitalTutors, because I paid with USD for their services, not twice as much and with Euros.

• Contributor

Oh, nice. Things are getting even better. :angry:

If this is a "sale price", then I bet that for EU citizens the next price will reach the peak of 100 Euros per month?

I better order the annual subscription before prices get over the top then. :unsure: