mifth

Blender Applink "Simple3DCoat" (Fork of the official)

100 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

This is the topic for Simple3DCoat addon for Blender+3DCoat production. This is the fork of the official one made by Haikaikalle . 

- Installation: Copy the addon folder to the Blender \scripts\addons install folder.

Features:

- Set the "Exchange" folder of 3DCoat manually.

- Custom Textures Path for export/import.

- Export/Import through Obj/Fbx/Collada(Dae) formats. Note: Collada does not work on Linux.

- ExportMaterials, ApplyModifiers checkboxes.

- Simple to Use :)

Screenshots:

1R2ihSA.png

KLHccX3.png

How To Use:

- Enable the Addon and set "Exchange" folder of your 3DCoat.

- Export/Import models. :)

Current Version:

I finalize the Addon, as almost all features are added.

Download:

Last Sources from 16 Aug 2015: https://github.com/mifth/mifthtools/tree/master/blender/addons/io_simple_3dcoat

Latest MifthTools Master Download (ZIP): https://github.com/mifth/mifthtools/archive/master.zip

Wiki:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/3dcoat_Simple3DCoat_applink

1 person likes this

TY !!!

Is there a way to get this to work?

I've tried both the default add-on, and this one, on both Windows 7 and Mac, and neither one of them do what I thought it would do.

It does export the model to the directory I selected, but it does NOT launch 3d-coat.

Am I missing some sort of setting that needs to be changed in 3d-coat itself?

3dcoat need to be opened first

Is there a way to get this to work?

I've tried both the default add-on, and this one, on both Windows 7 and Mac, and neither one of them do what I thought it would do.

It does export the model to the directory I selected, but it does NOT launch 3d-coat.

Am I missing some sort of setting that needs to be changed in 3d-coat itself?

As @carlosan said you need to open 3DCoat.

And Exchange directory should be set correctly. In Windows it should be "Documents/3DCoatV4/Exchange". And you should save Exchange directory with Ctrl+U. I'll make a video tutorial soon.

Edited by mifth

Yes, a video tutorial would be great, because I always have problems getting addons to work.

Well, I sort of got it working.

I found that the choice I was making, voxel primitive, didn't seem to work, no matter whether 3D-coat was opened, closed, whatever, even though all I had open in blender was the default cube.

It will export the .obj, but nothing shows up in 3D-Coat if you make that choice.

If I choose pixel painting, it works well though.

Do I have to clear the model out of the folder to export another model?

I also couldn't seem to get it to work completely with other voxel settings, and the scaling of the object in 3D-Coat seems to vary with what choice you make for export, which seemed weird, should be the same .obj I would think.

Well, I sort of got it working.

I found that the choice I was making, voxel primitive, didn't seem to work, no matter whether 3D-coat was opened, closed, whatever, even though all I had open in blender was the default cube.

It will export the .obj, but nothing shows up in 3D-Coat if you make that choice.

If I choose pixel painting, it works well though.

Do I have to clear the model out of the folder to export another model?

I also couldn't seem to get it to work completely with other voxel settings, and the scaling of the object in 3D-Coat seems to vary with what choice you make for export, which seemed weird, should be the same .obj I would think.

Possibly this will help you:

H0kmeBk.png

WWpi52I.png

1 person likes this

This was working for me in Blender 2.69 but here on the eve of 2.70 (2.69.11 is precisely my build) - Simple is no longer working for me, but the original applink does still. I'm on Windows 8 64bit using 3D Coat 4.0.16

This was working for me in Blender 2.69 but here on the eve of 2.70 (2.69.11 is precisely my build) - Simple is no longer working for me, but the original applink does still. I'm on Windows 8 64bit using 3D Coat 4.0.16

I have 2.69.11 Linux build. All works ok. Do you get any error when press "ExportObjects"?

- Make sure you set Exchange folder in the addon settings.

- Try to get latest sources from here https://code.google.com/p/blender-addons-by-mifth/source/browse/#hg%2Fio_simple_3dcoat

Hi

Is working fine for 2.70 and 4.1 ?

ty

Hi

Is working fine for 2.70 and 4.1 ?

ty

The script work ok for 2.70 and 4.0.15B. There is still no 4.1 for linux. But i guess everything is fine. :)

Edited by mifth

Hello!

I moved the apptink to 3DView Left Panel.

714X6Xo.png

The changes are in gCode repository.

Edited by mifth
1 person likes this

Hello there :),

I have the problem, that Blender is just not able to find the exchange folder. I set it to Documents/3DCoatV4/Exchange , bust just nothing happens. I´ve 3dCoat also opened. Can someone please help me with this??

I´m jusing Blender 2.73 , and 3D Coat 4.1.17 educational on Win7

Hi!

Texture patch is set ?

post-10142-0-17247500-1423227666_thumb.j

Exchange folder is set the full path ?

C:\Users\User\Documents\3D-CoatV4\Exchange\

All I'm getting is "No selected objects or bad excange folder!!!" Exchange folder is set and I tried removing every UV-map, material, texture, vertex group and armature and still the same message. 

If I start a new project and export the 'default-cube' it works OK.

Hi all!

Sorry, for late responce. I had no notification from this thread.

Here is video tut how to install the addon:

Also, my repository moved to Github. As gCode is dead.

https://github.com/mifth/mifthtools

I hope now you will have no problems.

The add-on installs ok for me. I change the exchange address, but the drop-down doesn't appear unders SCENE. If I uncheck "Simple" and check "3d-Coat Applink" it shows up. Blender 2.74 / Both Mac & Win8.1 

The add-on installs ok for me. I change the exchange address, but the drop-down doesn't appear unders SCENE. If I uncheck "Simple" and check "3d-Coat Applink" it shows up. Blender 2.74 / Both Mac & Win8.1 

I moved it into 3dViewport T Panel.

GKj008U.png

I am having a problem where if I export an object from Blender to 3D-Coat using Simple3DCoat Applink and the Mesh As Voxel export type, then when it imports it comes in with the last imported object's transform, rotation and scale.

Here is a video explanation of the problem that I am having.

Why is this happening? Where is the info being stored that tells 3D-Coat to import with the last used transform, scale or rotation and more importantly, how do I clear that data so that I can start fresh?

Thanks for your help,

Bryson

I am having a problem where if I export an object from Blender to 3D-Coat using Simple3DCoat Applink and the Mesh As Voxel export type, then when it imports it comes in with the last imported object's transform, rotation and scale.

Here is a video explanation of the problem that I am having.

Why is this happening? Where is the info being stored that tells 3D-Coat to import with the last used transform, scale or rotation and more importantly, how do I clear that data so that I can start fresh?

Thanks for your help,

Bryson

Dunno know. Try to press ResetOrigin in 3dc when you import the model. Or download latest version of 3dc.

Here is my test:

I am using Blender 2.75a and 3dcoat 4.5.03  I enable the add-on ver. 3.521   does this ver work with 2.75a ? it seams broken on both ends . any help/direction would be helpful .ty

The addon was moved to Scene Tab

Isnt there anymore ?