3DCoat Forums

It is just to merge two vertexs(vertices?) to one.when we combine two pieces of topo, we need it.

It's basically the same thing as the Collapse Edges tool. Though with CE you have to have a polygon in between the points you want to merge.

• Advanced Member
It's basically the same thing as the Collapse Edges tool. Though with CE you have to have a polygon in between the points you want to merge.

Using the collapse edges tool would merge two vertexs to one,but it is inconvenienced.Please have a look at the attached pic,I think the best way to do that is using the tweak vertexs tool,move one to another then snap and merge together.

post-641-1214648946_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

I just want to quickly drop that I really am amazed by your retopo tools! They are a joy to work with. Impressive how you could create such a toolset within such a short time.

Of course there's still a few things missing (proper symmetry support, a tool to align vertices etc) but you'll program these in a couple of minutes as it seems...

Holger

I have not been back here for a while and was hoping to catch up on the new beta, I downloaded what I assume is the current version but got this crash.

Can someone tell me what the current version is and which link I should be using, I'm finding the first page links very confusing.

Here's the crash screen grab, which may or may not be valid but it does show the version I'm using.

Thanks

post-443-1214662497_thumb.jpg

I've rather belatedly read through all the posts and didn't realise that a lot of people are having problems with the GL version.

I have the DX version is running fine here so it is just the GL version that has the problems.

I still don't know what version I should be on, there's mention of 2.10f on the opening page but

when I select the link I get 3d-coat-2-10-beta1-upd.exe and no mention of 2.10f.

I'm also only getting 14 day trial coming up and my serial number doesn't

seem to be valid for this beta, so do we have to re-register or something?

Thanks

• Advanced Member
I'm also only getting 14 day trial coming up and my serial number doesn't

seem to be valid for this beta, so do we have to re-register or something?

Thanks

If you have a registered version (non-beta) look in the 3D-Coat-2 folder (this is where the executable is) and see if there's a serial.txt file. Copy this file to your beta folder (where the beta 2.10 1F executable is). This should take you out of demo mode (demo will come up for a moment or two during loading, but should go away.)

• Advanced Member

Just a bit of a warning for ATI user's. I found my problem with the color palette not displaying the colors was the latest ATI driver package 8.6. Backing off to 8.5 fixed the problem.

I don't know if this effects 32 bit windows (I'm using x64) too and other ATI graphics card models (I'm using a 1900 XTX).

If you have a registered version (non-beta) look in the 3D-Coat-2 folder (this is where the executable is) and see if there's a serial.txt file. Copy this file to your beta folder (where the beta 2.10 1F executable is). This should take you out of demo mode (demo will come up for a moment or two during loading, but should go away.)

Yes it comes out of demo but then says trial with 14 days left, is this correct?

Thanks

• Advanced Member

Copying the serial.txt dosen't work

entering the serial cause 3D coat to suddenly exit.

I can run it only in demo mode ! arrrrghhh

• Advanced Member

That's weird. It's what I did to come out of demo mode with the beta. If I remove serial.txt, I get a registration form with a hardware code and a request for a serial number.

I assume it's getting my hardware code from the registry or a documents and settings file from when I first purchased 3D-Coat (3D-Brush).

[edit] I should add, when you purchased 3D-Brush/Coat, you should have gotten an email with a serial number. This is the number that should be in the serial.txt file. Maybe you made a hardware change that changed the hardware code? Guess Andrew will have to explain what needs to be done.

Guest Lottmedia

waiting for the video to DL, maby that will help. I think I got it a little, making polys and quads and such works, and I'm starting to see how it could be used. Still can't draw strokes (well, I can, but they don';t do anythign when I hit enter) Hopefully the video will help, I'm probably just not doing somethign right. Oh, Phil, I'm moving near Penn State in just a few weeks :)

Casey

• Advanced Member
That's weird. It's what I did to come out of demo mode with the beta. If I remove serial.txt, I get a registration form with a hardware code and a request for a serial number.

I assume it's getting my hardware code from the registry or a documents and settings file from when I first purchased 3D-Coat (3D-Brush).

[edit] I should add, when you purchased 3D-Brush/Coat, you should have gotten an email with a serial number. This is the number that should be in the serial.txt file. Maybe you made a hardware change that changed the hardware code? Guess Andrew will have to explain what needs to be done.

I've got the right serial. It sitll works for 3DC 2.092. It just makes the latest beta crash

Guest Lottmedia

OK, I watched the video Phil made, it all looked like what I was trying but now it works, I did go from B1E to B1F, so I'm not sure if it's Beta1f or what. Now the problem is that almost nothign works in the OGL version (retopo doesn't show anything while working on it and it just quits out a lot) the DX seems to work ok. But in both it's super annoying that the cursor keeps blinking between the default and the special cursor whenever I move it any at all, so I get constant flashing on the screen which makes it hard to do anything :)

Casey

I am back :)

I see there are serial issues. Serials actually should work. If not please check if 3DC is installed on the same drive. Of course you can ask me for new S/N. Also in 2.10 I plan to change licensing in hardware independent way. Also, most of mentioned bugs was fixed. I hope today you will get enough stable version.

• Advanced Member

my serial number SHOULD work on 2.10. I've got the same request code than with 2.09

When i enter my serial, 3dcoat just exit...

if i don't enter this serial, 3dcoat runs in demo mode.

• Advanced Member

Andrew,Please have a look at the attached pic,I want to explain to you what is merge vertexs.I think the best way to do that is adding an additional function to the tweak vertexs tool,when tweaking one vertex to another,it can snap and merge the two points together.

post-641-1214957234_thumb.jpg

Hello Andrew

a simple question, what´s new with "MacOS" version?

THX P

MacOS is in final stage before public beta. The man that worked over it was away for 2 weeks, so there was some short stop. But today he resumed work. I think that 2.10 will be released on PC & Mac (maybe with small delay)

My deadline was 9 of july, but because of that delay in work there is delay in release...

• Advanced Member
MacOS is in final stage before public beta. The man that worked over it was away for 2 weeks, so there was some short stop. But today he resumed work. I think that 2.10 will be released on PC & Mac (maybe with small delay)

My deadline was 9 of july, but because of that delay in work there is delay in release...

THX, I go post news ony my CGtalk thread :-)

P

Guest Lottmedia

OK, so now retopo is my favorite thing ever! I've got so many models that after I finish I like the look of but the polyflow dosen't really suit animation and this so completely works for that. Plus I've used it for taking the hand from one model, arm from another, body from another and so forth and bringing them in together and basically wrapping them all into a new figure without worrying how to integrate the meshes (whenever I work on a bodypart separately I always run into problems welding to to the base mesh because invariably I used different resolution or somethign else stupid)

Does it purposely use the same number of segments? If I use strokes to make an arm, then again for the shoulder they always match up perfect.

It woudl be great if you coudl grab more than one edge or poly at once, that way you could extent an entire section at once or expand a cylinder in one action. Maby you can, I haven't found out yet.

Casey