3DCoat Forums

Some people are having trouble with the 3D Coat homepage link

• Contributor

In the past I have had trouble with redirects from 3DC to other websites, and I reported it. The 3DC webmaster said that he found malicious code and removed it. At that time it was only happening with a certain browser and only when using the forum link from the Google search results.

I recommend trying different browsers and linking in from search results or other pages instead of typing the address into the address bar. Sometimes these malicious redirects are hard to reproduce (just like software bugs).

• Reputable Contributor

In the past I have had trouble with redirects from 3DC to other websites, and I reported it. The 3DC webmaster said that he found malicious code and removed it. At that time it was only happening with a certain browser and only when using the forum link from the Google search results.

I recommend trying different browsers and linking in from search results or other pages instead of typing the address into the address bar. Sometimes these malicious redirects are hard to reproduce (just like software bugs).

Interesting. Never knew that was possible. Thanks guys.

• Advanced Member

it also could be malware on the users computer, redirecting random pages to advertising.

but in this case, seems like it may be a server problem, because if you try to go to the link it gives you there 3dcoat.com:8443 it redirects you some other domain, and firefox throws up an unsecure warning.