3DCoat Forums

My first volumetric test

Wow, that's very impressive! You probably started from nothing but a default voxel sphere, and created something with great detail and natural flow.

I'm not sure about the rotation reversion, but that functionality might be available with the Transform tool in the Adjust palette.

• Advanced Member

As I wrote before, it is nothing for me :-), pure volumetric attept... Thus I started from skull parts. For a skull brain sphere, I did an independent nose, zygomas and eyes spheres. And I fill space between them and skulpt whole face... It is suitable way for me, becouse I don't have an expirience with fully vol. modeling. And other, this way is very slow for me and for my GC.

P

• Contributor
a simple update after few days - a test of "curves modeling" and Text tool

post-617-1243339543_thumb.jpg

Excellent work! How much resolution would be required in the export to reduce or eliminate the need for a displacement map? My interest is in faster renders for animation rather than low polys for game use. :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Cool! Nice to see some finer detailing on a voxel piece. I need to try moving up into that level on some of mine too.

Hello

thx for your replies I'm glad you like it

it was really fast work becouse I needed some screen for my new article. I allways prefere my own screens before "master screens of other users"... Own expirience is a best for me in this case.

About inspiration. I love lizards. We have two pets, Ctenosaurus similis/acanthura/pectinata up to 6 years and I love them. hehe.

This picture has been made as a "lizard head" without some real reference, but shape itself is pretty close to bigger leguans, for example Cyclura nubila and other Cyclura species. It is something between a fantasy dragon and leguans...

P

• Contributor
Hello

thx for your replies I'm glad you like it

it was really fast work becouse I needed some screen for my new article. I allways prefere my own screens before "master screens of other users"... Own expirience is a best for me in this case.

About inspiration. I love lizards. We have two pets, Ctenosaurus similis/acanthura/pectinata up to 6 years and I love them. hehe.

This picture has been made as a "lizard head" without some real reference, but shape itself is pretty close to bigger leguans, for example Cyclura nubila and other Cyclura species. It is something between a fantasy dragon and leguans...

P

You share an enthusiasm with my granddaughters! :clapping:

• Advanced Member
good bake results, looking forward to the colours

I finished my work already, becouse I did it for an article on 3DC for pixel magazine. It is biggest CG printed mag in Czech and Slovak republics. As I wrote before, I allways prefere my own screens and expirience.

P

• 2 months later...