3DCoat Forums

Stable Diffusion plugin for 3DC?

kenmo

Go to solution Solved by Elemeno,

• Advanced Member

Blender, Krita and Photoshop have plugins for Stable Diffusion. There is a request for DAZ Studio to have one as well.

How about 3DC since some of use use it for prototyping and concept art?

I think 3DC would be a natural for it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Please post an example of a tiled texture generated by you that is useful (with text prompt).

And

What would be the difference in the process to generate the texture outside of 3DCoat and use it inside 3dcoat ?

Or have a plugin within 3DCoat that generate the texture outside of 3DCoat and use it inside 3dcoat ?

:huh:

• Advanced Member

Texturing 3D with StableProjectorz

Sorry but still I cant understand the workflow.

If you can upload the mesh into the free app StableProjectorZ to camera mapping generated AI textures, 
Then - if necessary - load the textures in 3DC to paint finetunning.

How exactly would the plugin work ?

• Advanced Member

I then can ask why do we have plugins like Blender to 3DC Exchange when I can export the model from Blender as an OBJ or FBX and import it into 3DC ? Or the 3DC send to Photoshop? When I could export from Blender and then import into Photoshop?

How about convenience? As it that not the reason for Blender to 3DC Exchange?

It exist because they add convenience, ease of use and interaction in between apps that is not possible otherwise.

For a feature request to be effective, you have to explain in detail how it benefits the development team to use their time to create the new tool with clear step-by-step examples of use.

Also for legal reasons, we cannot add tools that use images that have copyrights as a data source.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

AI is fascinating and I solve 95 % of my questions about 3D programs functionality from Bing CoPilot but I don't think it's worthwhile for 3D Coat to start building bridges to it unless that can be done with great ease and simplicity for the developpers. 

I haven't gotten around to UE5 yet (but I will) and so I'm not sure about the process for  moving 3d Coat work to UE5, but I would rank that linkup a much higher priority than any AI image generator. 

Frankly I'm not that crazy about any medium for visual arts that doesn't involve any fundamental knowledge of human or animal anatomy or learning about how real world things are structured be they geographical, plant life, mechanical or architectural.   Stable diffusion is sort of the death of the artist, not a new exciting tool.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member

Master vehicle designer Scott Robertson is now using AI to aid him in his vehicle designs. I have a few of his books early in his career when he was using pen and paper. He later went digital using Photoshop for 2D and Modo for 3D work. If he has no qualms about using ai so why should an hobbyist like I feel ashamed to give it a try?

Scott Robertson designed some of the vehicles for Star Wars movies, Minority Report and others. He also has done work for Volvo, Nissan, Yamaha and has several Gnonom instructional DVDs.

I daresay only a fool would say he is not an artist. Scott realizes that one must embrace the new technologies as they become available, or else he would be still using pen and paper.

Automotive designer Ben Kaplan uses Blender and is also using Vizcom's ai as an aid in creating his car designs. Kaplan recently posted that his hero, Scott Robertson is now using ai. And on Blender market there are ai addons for Blender (Stable Difussion).

Sorry, but ai is here to stay. Adapt or become extinct.

There are stable 

• Advanced Member

An example of how I use Vizcom's AI. Vizcom you can upload a sketch or a 3D model. 

I uploaded this car model block out I created a few years ago using Groboto 3D and Silo3d.

Entered some prompt text - 1940s American red sports car with wide white wall tires and pressed render and got the two images below.

This gives me some ideas to complete the model using Blender or 3D Coat. I do not use AI to general a 3D model or a finished image but more for ideas and concepting.

SOURCE.png

red 1940s American sports car with wide white wall tires.png

red 1940s American sports car with wide white wall tires (2).png

• Like 2

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

There is a Blender addon on the BlenderMarket that is FREE

https://blendermarket.com/products/ai-render

So why would a developer give away something for NOTHING that costs big bucks?

Perhaps someone could develop a plugin for 3DC?

Again the purpose of the plugin would be for concept and visualization of a  work in progress 3D on how to finish it.

Another use of the plugin could be for creating textures.

Just a thought and not meant to upset Carlosan or any of the other great members of the 3DC Team. I know many of them have other things on their mind like the insane agression of Putin.

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, kenmo said:

There is a Blender addon on the BlenderMarket that is FREE

https://blendermarket.com/products/ai-render

So why would a developer give away something for NOTHING that costs big bucks?

Perhaps someone could develop a plugin for 3DC?

Again the purpose of the plugin would be for concept and visualization of a  work in progress 3D on how to finish it.

Another use of the plugin could be for creating textures.

Just a thought and not meant to upset Carlosan or any of the other great members of the 3DC Team. I know many of them have other things on their mind like the insane agression of Putin.

my man! youre not offending anyone , i think at the moment , its not something they are currently working towards , my idea of 3dcoat is creation and creativity , thats why the tools make concept work so darn fast!

but im all for AI especially when it comes to texture generation , if pilgway ever implemented a texture generation software they would destroy the competition , 

creating libraries of textures takes so much time .. so if there was a separate software like sampler for example .. im all for it. 

• Like 2

• Advanced Member
On 3/30/2024 at 7:06 PM, kenmo said:

An example of how I use Vizcom's AI. Vizcom you can upload a sketch or a 3D model. 

I uploaded this car model block out I created a few years ago using Groboto 3D and Silo3d.

Entered some prompt text - 1940s American red sports car with wide white wall tires and pressed render and got the two images below.

This gives me some ideas to complete the model using Blender or 3D Coat. I do not use AI to general a 3D model or a finished image but more for ideas and concepting.

wow that old Groboto had a really nice look to it. That car looks really good. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Base model I created many years ago (probably over 10 yrs) in Wings3D. Yesterday I brought into Blender added the wheels and subd modifier. Uploaded OBJ to Vizcom.AI and ran a few refines and renders on the model and got these..

Layer 3D.png

1950s American vintage luxury car with fins, fancy rims and chrome by General Motors (1).png

1950s American vintage luxury car with fins, fancy rims and chrome by General Motors (2).png

1950s American vintage luxury car with fins, fancy rims and chrome by General Motors.png

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

wow that old Groboto had a really nice look to it. That car looks really good. Thanks for sharing that.

Only wish Darrel Anderson would not had gotten sick. Groboto3D was a lot of fun. Since his recovery he now concentrates 100% on Mesh Fusion (Groboto3D plugin for Modo). Only wish 3DC or Blender had the Mesh Fusion plugin. I am afraid to recommend as I do not wish to upset Carlosan again.

Cheers

Ken 

• Like 1

@kenmo why you said that ? :huh:

I am not upset.

Again:

If you can upload the image for prototyping and concept art into Stable Diffusion, why to expend 3DC development time to make a plugin ?

and, I repeat 

For a feature request to be effective, you have to explain in detail how it benefits the development team to use their time to create the new tool with clear step-by-step examples of use.

Also for legal reasons, we cannot add tools that use images that have copyrights as a data source.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

No problem Carlosan my friend. Cheers and please take care...

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Oleg Shapov said:

image.png

Is there any way to fix this automatically?

Run the REFINE option a few more times and it will refine detail. There is supposed to be an way to mask out areas you do not want refine and then it would concentrate on the unmasked area.

Check the wheels on the BLACK car. This was my final render as I decided I wanted to remove the large rear fins. And you will see how the wheels turned out.

Cheers

Wheels.JPG

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kenmo said:

Only wish Darrel Anderson would not had gotten sick. Groboto3D was a lot of fun. Since his recovery he now concentrates 100% on Mesh Fusion (Groboto3D plugin for Modo). Only wish 3DC or Blender had the Mesh Fusion plugin. I am afraid to recommend as I do not wish to upset Carlosan again.

Cheers

Ken 

Alexei Vanzhula has created a kind of mesh fusion for Houdini and Maya. In his Modeler 2024 it will come with it embedded but in Modeler 2023 it's not included. You can buy it as an independent plug in for Maya and Houdini.  It's only $30.00 USD.

https://alexeyvanzhula.gumroad.com/l/soft_boolean?layout=profile

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, Carlosan said:

Sorry again me.

3DCoat was added on latest versions Live Booleans that let you make similar workflow as Mesh Mixer

Yes but do Live Booleans have the same kind of bevel functionality between objects that Vanzhula's Soft Booleans or Groboto though?

I just installed 2024.15 and went through the Live Booleans workflow and  couldn't find that functionality. I see Soft Booleans not only has bevels and chamfers on intersection surfaces for both add and subtract but also has irregular bevels and chamfers as well

In Live  Booleans the   only bevel that seems possible is the fillet on the cutting object that's being subtracted like the cube in this test            

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell Pilgway what to do. I'm sure you've all got a lot of great ideas on your plate without me chipping in my $.02.

L5STm2c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

"Mech Bird" - I modeled this object several years ago using Groboto3D 3.5. Rendered in Vizcom.AI last night with a little Photoshop touch up (color, cropping, clarity, contrast).

MechBird-UPLOADjpg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I'm really glad you brought up Groboto in this thread kenmo. You got me thinking about it and Mesh Fusion sold to Modo and Alexei Vanzhula's Soft Boolean. 

Basically what is this stuff? 

It's a simple NURBS (well BREP?) program set up for doing booleans. As simple boolean operations the product and essentially it's no better or worse (well a bit more complicated jiggery pokerey) than what 3D Coat can produce. It's the translator that turns it into an obj that gets interesting when you start working with Seam Strips between boolean objects to produce bevels and chamfers. Now this is where 3D Coat falls down a bit. Sticking a curve on a voxel edge and then giving it a provisional edge is not that exact.

However, 3DCoat has introduced NURBS to its mix. Now nobody expects Andrew and his team to produce a competitor to Rhino or even MOI3D, and rightly so since this market is saturated with a lot of newcomers right now. But what he could do is just give a bunch of nurbs primitives that can be altered in various ways, (length, width, caps etc) then set them up like Groboto for NURBS that can be assembled in Boolean structures that are translated into polygons with Seam smoothing and altering the width of the Seam Strips.

http://www.groboto.com/v3-media/pdf/GroBoto Symmetric Mesh Notes.zip

Here's Groboto's 60page Symmetric Meshes PDF that goes into great depth on this interesting subject

I think it just gives some beautiful results though as a stand alone it's a bit abstract and off the beaten professional use track, kind of like Teya Conceptor. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

What impresses me about Groboto and when it exports to a OBJ you get near perfect quads. And you have a lot of control and options for how dense or light the obj will be. There are NO wire mesh mess with tris. No need to retopo.

• Like 1