3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat Training Session - Voxel Sculpting of a Human Bust

Javis

Hi everyone,

If you caught last weeks free session, thanks for joining in. :)

This Saturdays session is going to be much different! This time we'll be doing a project based voxel sculpture of a human bust with fine wrinkly details and all, and then retopologizing it. It should be a lot of fun. If you're curious about how to use the voxel sculpting tools, this is definitely your chance to get an idea of how to use them and how they work. This session will be recorded, and packaged in as a DVD (or download) through KURV. It will last between 2-3 hours and will cost $19.95.

You can sign up here:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/390242442

Here's the skinny:

Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009 (28JUN09 JST)

Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM CDT (-5 GMT), 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT), 05:00 AM - 08:00 AM JST (+9 GMT)

NOTE - DISCOUNT: Register for this live class and receive a 19.95 coupon good for the purchase of this LIVE class as a DVD or File download when released to the public.

COST: $19.95 USD

Kurv01.jpg

post-1232-1245833367_thumb.jpg

Edited the time, it has been adjusted to two hours ahead.

The big advantage to live training is you get to ask questions and hear other questions answered as well. After 600 heads are better than one right .

Also, we just got the approval from the guys over at Pilgway (makers of 3D Coat) that all registered customers for the class will receive $20.00 off 3D Coat if you do not already own it.

Click here for more details - http://www.kurvstudios.com/live_training/

Also we just got the word in that everyone that registers will get a 20.00 coupon towards the purchase of 3D Coat. At this time it is only for new purchases, not upgrades, but were asking about upgrades We will let you know.

Remember, as well... if you register you also get $20.00 off the retail DVD when released.

Now that is odd. Shipping method is on the last page before final checkout, one of the two options had to be selected otherwise I'd get an error notice.

I started over, created a Kurv account. When I got to that same page, I still had to select a shipping option, but now the download option was listed.

Anyway, I'm all set now.

Hi Terry,

I'm glad you got that weird problem solved. :)

Just a reminder guys - Tomorrow is the class! Don't forget to sign up. If you have any interest in buying 3D-Coat, now is the time - You can get a $20 discount toward 3D-Coat and the DVD recording of the class. That's a pretty good deal.

PS- You still get the discount toward 3DC and the DVD if you can't make it.

• Advanced Member

The e-mail I got today says 12:00pm CDT which is the same time as last week... However in this thread you say 2:00pm... I take it the time is adavanced to 2:00pm CDT?

Was the previous session that was free ever put online as was promised? It would give an indication of what to expect from this paid one.

3dioot

If you look closer, the promise was within 1-2 weeks. It hasn't even been a week yet. :) It'll be online soon, don't worry.

The e-mail I got today says 12:00pm CDT which is the same time as last week... However in this thread you say 2:00pm... I take it the time is adavanced to 2:00pm CDT?

Looks like there was an error with the newsletter that was sent out on the Pilgway end. I think they had the old version of the newsletter and not the updated one. However, the other newsletter sent out by KURV was the correct time. Unfortunately there is no way to fix an already sent newsletter. Doh...

Anyway, the correct time is in my first post in this thread. It will be at 12:00-3:00 PM PDT, 2:00-5:00 PM CDT, and 05:00 AM - 08:00 AM JST.

Last Reminder! The session will be held in a few hours. Today at:

Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM CDT (-5 GMT), 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT), 05:00 AM - 08:00 AM JST (+9 GMT)

See you there. :)

The big advantage to live training is you get to ask questions and hear other questions answered as well. After 600 heads are better than one right .

Also, we just got the approval from the guys over at Pilgway (makers of 3D Coat) that all registered customers for the class will receive $20.00 off 3D Coat if you do not already own it.

Click here for more details - http://www.kurvstudios.com/live_training/

Also we just got the word in that everyone that registers will get a 20.00 coupon towards the purchase of 3D Coat. At this time it is only for new purchases, not upgrades, but were asking about upgrades We will let you know.

Remember, as well... if you register you also get $20.00 off the retail DVD when released.

Hello all.

I just registered for the forum today. :D

I will be at the Webinar and am excited. Any word yet on whether the coupon will be good for upgrades as well? I didn't realize that it was only for new purchases. That was a little unclear (or maybe it's just me) but since I don't "have" v3 yet (only demoing right now but excited to get it soon) I thought this was an awesome deal. Hopefully they'll allow it towards upgrades too but no big deal if it isn't.

Hey! Thanks for being there! I hope you enjoyed it. It's always a challenge to sculpt something so quickly with lots of detail, and it's a lot of fun to show people some of the things you can do with this program.

Anyway, I think I heard Wes mention in the session we had today, that it only applied toward the full version. But I can't quite recall exactly what he said about it, I was focused on sculpting at the moment he said that if I recall. I hope that you are able to.

Thanks to everyone who was there! It was fun, and I hope you enjoyed it and learned something about 3DC. :)

We had about 100 people attend, though admittedly it was on short notice. Next time there will be much more notice before a session so people can plan accordingly.

I thought it was good! Though I may be a bit biased. ;)

No really, it was great. It went well. I showed a number of techniques for voxel sculpting and retopology. The video should be in DVD form within a week or two.

• Advanced Member

I am new to painting in 3D and would like to have an explanation about the processes involved in switching from room to room and from 3d coat to Maya.

Painting and sculpting in 3dcoat is easy.

-But , Sometimes I succeed in getting shapes into Maya, but it's more luck than knowledge.

-Then the step of exporting all these different maps for color, diffuse, confuse, specular, normals, OMG Where to start???

It SEEMS staggeringly complex.

-Then the step of exporting all these different maps for color, diffuse, confuse, specular, normals, OMG Where to start???

It SEEMS staggeringly complex.

Well for one thing, in Maya diffuse is the name for color (as opposed to LightWave that has Color and Diffuse, the way it should be IMO) So really the only maps you're exporting are color, spec, and normal. The quickest way to do this Is to just go to File > Export Model. After you pick a file name for the OBJ model you will be presented with this panel:

2009-07-02_0231.png

Where you can choose whether the mesh is medium or low poly and the file extensions for the images. As you can see the boxes for Color, Spec, and normal are already checked for you.

Another type of map that you may wish to export is the displacement, but you won't always need that. To export that go to Textures > Texture Baking Tool. Check the box that says Smooth Mesh near the top, then the displacement map options will appear at the very bottom.

Hey Kees,

Wes at KURV will be sending the list of attendees to Pilgway (if he hasn't already), and then those people are eligible to upgrade. I'm not precisely certain as to how it is done of course. I'll talk to Wes (KURV) and see what's going on in this front!

Thanks for attending by the way. :)

Hey Kees,

Wes at KURV will be sending the list of attendees to Pilgway (if he hasn't already), and then those people are eligible to upgrade. I'm not precisely certain as to how it is done of course. I'll talk to Wes (KURV) and see what's going on in this front!

Thanks for attending by the way. :)

Getting those processed now :)