3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat crashed and wont reboot again

• Advanced Member

Coat became unstable after I installed 2024.17. I just got a Running troubleshooting last night, and I replaced the entire resource folder and fixed it. Today it happened again, and wont start up even after I replaced the folder. There hasn't been any crash or hard shutdown. I just turned off my system and it became so the soon as I returned. There was the same window poping up in the past few weeks but none had really prevented me from entering the software. But this time it just stops after a short white window.image.png.c04ae8e34b4a050ebe712a2c115642bd.png

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

OK. I finally get it to work again after a clean reinstall. It looks like the issue is not with the resouce folder because after reinstallation all settings and assets were inherited just fine. I have no clue what caused the problem, but I really hope this can be resolved. It is more than annoying to happen at this frequency and I cannot spend hours to fix it every time.

Edited by Sui
typo

• Reputable Contributor

I had something similar happen a few years ago, and it was pretty frustrating. I even tried to ask support what it could be, and since they could not replicate the issue on their end, I tried something pretty different. I checked to make sure that 3DCoat was on the EXCLUDE/EXCEPTION list in both Windows Firewall and Avast Anti-Virus. I didn't think it would help, because it was never an issue before. But, sure enough, that is precisely what the problem was. Somehow, Avast did not have 3DCoat on it's Exception list (meaning to leave 3DCoat alone and don't fool with it). Once I put it back on the list, everything worked fine. I guess the AV software was keeping a critical file from loading and thus 3DCoat would crash every time.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Send this crash report to andrewshpagin@gmail.com

Do you have onedrive installed ? Look at this.

Or if you have 2 monitors, try opening 3DC on the first monitor.

I've never really used onedrive. Still, I checked the onedrive folder(seems it was there on every windows by default) and nothing there so I assume it's not about onedrive. I do use two screens, and pretty certain 3DCoat was running on the first one because I manually matched this when wacom matching issue happened.

I'll send report but I've lost the log files last night when I replaced the folder(still have the files two days ago, hope them help).

In the meantime, I'll deactivate AV scan for Coat like AbnRanger suggested.

I looked your crashes logs and that looks really unusual, like there are some random changes in memory. Each crash is very different, no single reason. May it be that PC overclocked and there is sort of overheating?

Also, please try (if it will not start again) to get to 16 using the updates manager. Wil it still not start?

Also, sending automated reports are very helpful, I am getting a lot of info to analyze and find the reason. I see no reports from you in our database. Please send and set some email there to identify.

• Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I looked your crashes logs and that looks really unusual, like there are some random changes in memory. Each crash is very different, no single reason. May it be that PC overclocked and there is sort of overheating?

Also, please try (if it will not start again) to get to 16 using the updates manager. Wil it still not start?

Also, sending automated reports are very helpful, I am getting a lot of info to analyze and find the reason. I see no reports from you in our database. Please send and set some email there to identify.

Perhaps I send the reports anonymously. I reinstalled 17 and it got back to work again. Still it's quite unstable and I have met several crash when I did multiple Ctrl Z.

Yes my PC has some issues too, for which I still couldn't identify the reason. It crashes often(around once per three to four days). I am not sure if it's from the software(I upgraded Blender and Coat right before) or hardware(a reassemble?).

Will do a check on hardware. Thanks for the info. I'll try to pass those automated reports to your.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Sui said:

Perhaps I send the reports anonymously. I reinstalled 17 and it got back to work again. Still it's quite unstable and I have met several crash when I did multiple Ctrl Z.

Yes my PC has some issues too, for which I still couldn't identify the reason. It crashes often(around once per three to four days). I am not sure if it's from the software(I upgraded Blender and Coat right before) or hardware(a reassemble?).

Will do a check on hardware. Thanks for the info. I'll try to pass those automated reports to your.

a weird crash to look out for , my spacing for claybrush was 0.000 so when i would use it , it crashed .. after changing it to 0.005 it was fine

• Advanced Member

My bad. I ran a hardware check and it seemed my RAMs did not match well. Coat is running better since I took two of four down. Thx everyone.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat crashed and wont reboot again