3DCoat Forums

Scott's Work

Scott Padbury

• Contributor

Okay, now I have a new problem...Yes more. I got it to go in merge for per-pixel paint with normal map just fine but for some reason, I get a hole in this one area and it has a yellow line in retopo, which has know faces, which is strange..Any clue? There is no hole in voxels as you can see from the second pick..

post-653-12549588772855_thumb.jpgpost-653-12549588868719_thumb.jpg

personally i think if you'll smooth out the 'hump', then try retopo n merge for perpix again... it will be ok ..no gurantees of course. ...

'edit'

to be more specific, ..look inside the yellow square, do you see the 'gray shadows?..that's the area i would smooth out in the 'hump', so it wouldn't be as creased...

• Advanced Member

personally i think if you'll smooth out the 'hump', then try retopo n merge for perpix again... it will be ok ..no gurantees of course. ...

'edit'

to be more specific, ..look inside the yellow square, do you see the 'gray shadows?..that's the area i would smooth out in the 'hump', so it wouldn't be as creased...

I smoothed some of the hump out but I still got the same problem the yellow line that you see which I have circled, are causing to have a hole in paint exactly where you see the yellow lines in retopo. which will not go away..

• Advanced Member

Here is my crappy model no texture, pieces missing, burnt in I don't know what!! I did a quick render test in Lightwave to see what if anything would come out . Very discouraged at this point in trying to get this thing to work.:angry:

post-653-12550158875534_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Here is my crappy model no texture, pieces missing, burnt in I don't know what!! I did a quick render test in Lightwave to see what if anything would come out . Very discouraged at this point in trying to get this thing to work.:angry:

post-653-12550158875534_thumb.jpg

Can you post your file here?

(you can use www.sendspace.com)

I will fix it for you within 30 minutes .

• Contributor

Here is your file,corrected :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t728kt

It seems there was a lot of junk from previous bakings left in the

Paint room (to avoid problems when rebaking you need to clear previous objects and layers from Objects and Layers tabs in Paintroom)

Btw ,baking was already pretty good there was just 1 artifact on the right hip of the character.

Now Baking is perfect,no artifacts whatsoever.

It took around 10 seconds to bake.

This is your voxel sculpt ready to paint. :brush: (3DCoat normal map is as sharp as Xnormal)

(I used 2048 so if you want to rebake with 4096,just clear objects and layers from Paintroom tabs and bake again)

• Advanced Member

Here is your file,corrected :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t728kt

It seems there was a lot of junk from previous bakings left in the

Paint room (to avoid problems when rebaking you need to clear previous objects and layers from Objects and Layers tabs in Paintroom)

Btw ,baking was already pretty good there was just 1 artifact on the right hip of the character.

Now Baking is perfect,no artifacts whatsoever.

It took around 10 seconds to bake.

This is your voxel sculpt ready to paint. :brush: (3DCoat normal map is as sharp as Xnormal)

(I used 2048 so if you want to rebake with 4096,just clear objects and layers from Paintroom tabs and bake again)

Thanks Artman appreciate it..

• Advanced Member

Are you sure they're missing and not just flipped or hidden? I see you're using the old Subpatch mode, have you tried Catmull-Clarke?

Yeah they are completely missing.. Andrew said he was coming out with another update to address some of the issues I had today so keep your eye open.. You are the man Andrew!!

Andrew wrote this:

And to solve it finally, I will merge separate grouls to separate surfaces, not separate objects(layers) as it is now.I will post new build very soon- today or tomorrow.

I fixed bug that prevented merging to microverts, but really result of merging to DP is much much much better,And I have not found a hole in retopo - all looks beautiful.

I uploaded 3.1.10. Try it.

Your the man Andrew!!

I had seperate retopo groups which was causing blank spaces in Lightwave, once I combined the retopos as one group it all worked out fine..

Now I got it down thanks for the help guys!! Now to go back and redo it to make it better..