3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Camera view stuck !

• Advanced Member

I just try 3D Coat and the issue has returned. The camera keeps jumping back to the default position. I'm not sure if it is a bug or not as I'm not having any problems using other programs. But then that's probably because other programs aren't configured to act on a certain input.

Is there any way I can unassign whatever is assigned to the default camera position?

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

3.5.19A OSX (still 32bit, ugh - 64bit OSX build anyone?????)

I've been experiencing this issue now, on OSX, for (at least) the past 4-5 beta releases. This makes 3DC USELESS to me, until its fixed. it looks like this issue came up when the OSX build has "fixes" applied to modifier keys being bound, which was an issue for some users 4-5 builds ago, possibly not coincidence.

Until this is fixed, I cant use 3DC for production.

The issue even presents itself if I switch to orthographic mode, and this is key, if the mouse is OUTSIDE THE 3D VIEWPORT, the view stays orthographic

HOWEVER, when I move the mouse INTO/OVER THE 3D VIEWPORT, the view automatically switches back to non-orthographic mode, and again locked to the default camera position/angle. This i a MAJOR bug. Hope it gets fixed soon

As a side note, since the appearance of this bug, I've not been able to click and drag inside the viewport(but not on the object) to rotate the view. There isnt any feedback given when I use a mouse button to attempt to rotate the view. Its like the mouse buttons are completely disabled in the 3d Viewport.

_________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: I've found ONE way for me to prevent the camera from CONSTANTLY resetting to default position/angle. If I switch to ZBrush navigation mode, I can then rotate or move the view for the 3D Viewport USING ONLY THE NAVIGATION BUTTONS ON THE TOP OF THE VIEWPORT, still cant use the mouse to navigate, and the view no longer switches back to default camera position/angle/zoom. But I now lose the features I prefer from the 3D Coat style default navigation. This "fix" doesnt apply to switching to the Maya navigation scheme, using the maya scheme still forces the view to reset to default constantly, as is the case with Default 3DCoat navigation mode.

I just try 3D Coat and the issue has returned. The camera keeps jumping back to the default position. I'm not sure if it is a bug or not as I'm not having any problems using other programs. But then that's probably because other programs aren't configured to act on a certain input.

Is there any way I can unassign whatever is assigned to the default camera position?

Is it possible that HOME button is stuck?

• Advanced Member

whoa, replies... Thank you both!!! I'll try that now, and report back with any results. I appreciate you both taking the time to comment regarding my issue. 3DCoat is one of my favorite toolsets, hopefully I can use it again soon! :-)

• Advanced Member

@ BeatKitano

First off, I enjoy your work, have for a while.

Second: IT WORKED!!! I deleted the HOME event, that was the only way your suggestion worked, but it did indeed work!!! Thank you :-) I can no longer use the home key in this manner, but I can get back to work in 3DC, thanks again.

IMO, This should be noted that NO OTHER APPLICATION ON MY SYSTEM REACTS AS IF THE HOME BUTTON IS/WAS PRESSED/STUCK, I did thorough testing. ONLY 3DCOAT, that is very important IMO. Something in 3DCoat seems to be possibly cataloging which keys are pressed upon application quit, and upon application launch, 3DCoat is considering those buttons that were PRESSED upon 3DCoat closing, as NOT being pressed any longer, THUS 3DCoat would then be interpreting a button that ISNT pressed as being CONSTANTLY PRESSED(when in fact it isnt being pressed). I was able to reproduce this effect many beta's ago, then it disappeared, again ONLY in 3DCoat on OSX, but it has begun to arise again, now that there were the modifier-key-fixes made to the OSX build a few betas ago.

Maybe a 64-bit build for OSX will fix this(probably not ;-), but I REALLY need a 64bit build) ;-)

• 4 years later...