3DCoat Forums

Hi all! At least we can talk not only about the new name of 3D-Brush. 2.07 BETA3 is done. It is huge peace of work. Many changes in interface and workflow conception. I have made many improvements to make freeze work more realtime. So, the list of changes:

1) Menu is completely reorganised, File, Layers, Freeze are changed much.

2) Many new layer adjustments are done

LayerAdjustements.jpg

3) All of them have realtime previews and ability to apply not only to current layer but also to all layers.

AdjustWithRealtimePreview.jpg

4) Ability to hide/show/lock/rename materials and sub-objects

ObjectsAndMaterials.jpg

5) Navigation controls for grids. You can snap to rotated grids and rotate grids with constraints (SHIFT)

SnapToGrid.jpg

6) Pen falloff is done. You can select "Focal shift" or "Falloff" like preferred control in options.

Falloff.jpg

7) Conditions prewiew menu. You can switch between color and B/W preview

Conditions_preview.jpgConditions_preview_BW.jpg

8) You can export/import one layer or all layers into PSD file with padding.

ExportAllLayers.jpg

9) Now you can erase with curves

Curve-Erase.jpg

10) ... freeze with curves

Curve-Freeze.jpg

11) ... Planarize with curve

Curve-Planar.jpg

12) ... paint absolute height - compare with usual painting (second picture)

Curve-Absolute.jpg

Curve-Paint.jpg

13) The default interface is light, but you can switch dark style immediately after loading

DarkLight.jpg

14) All lines are antialiased

AALines.jpg

15) Pen opacity preview is recovered

OpacityPreview.jpg

16) Freeze/select has become much more powerful and should fork much faster

SelectFreeze.jpg

The link is below

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-07-beta3A-en.exe

very nice, its good to see things back on track. :D i was starting to worry that the whole naming thing was becoming more important than the program. ;)

The longer pause was only because of too many changes. Naming things have not taken time. So we can continue :) :) :lol:

Also I still have not removed 2 colors in fill tool because I don't know how to get colors for gradient. Anyway I need 4 colors in the case of gradient+color modulation.

• Advanced Member

Thanks for this Andrew.

The time and dedication you put into this program is quite simply amazing. :)

I honestly think it is one of the best things I have ever paid for.

I have just uploaded some more work in the WIP section and without 3D Brush (or whatever name it becomes) it would simply not be possible.

Kind Regards and utmost respect,

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

thanks! Are my eyes deceiving me does it look like multiple objects can be imported into 3D-brush? :o

edit: I just imported in a head mesh with a separate eye mesh, sweet!

• Advanced Member

Wow, great update!

I was wondering about a new feature that could be easy to implemented. Lightwave has an incremental object save. What you do is first save your file, like "myObject_v001.3db". Then you can press Shift-S or some other key combination and the file will automatically save as "myObject_v002.3db". The _v00x increments.

For me this makes it more likely I'll have a saved version.

Yes, a great update :D

Just noticed that I am missing the ability to switch preview mode, the little icon is not there on the left of the preview heading bar.

While checking the above, it suddenly occurred to me that while using the texture fill tool the mouse pointer (pen),

remains the same.

I had to check that this was the case in the final version 2.06 and it is.

I have to say it looks confusing and I wonder if the pen should change to reflect that you are using a fill not a pen.

Perhaps just changing the pointer shape or even keeping the yellow pen circle but having just cross hairs inside, just something to show you are in a different mode.

Just a thought.

Andy

Yes, a great update :D

Just noticed that I am missing the ability to switch preview mode, the little icon is not there on the left of the preview heading bar.

While checking the above, it suddenly occurred to me that while using the texture fill tool the mouse pointer (pen),

remains the same.

I had to check that this was the case in the final version 2.06 and it is.

I have to say it looks confusing and I wonder if the pen should change to reflect that you are using a fill not a pen.

Perhaps just changing the pointer shape or even keeping the yellow pen circle but having just cross hairs inside, just something to show you are in a different mode.

Just a thought.

Andy

ok, good idea about changing pen shape.

for now, I have renewed the download link, I have fixed several issues that seem to be important.

- baking tool issue

- sometimes lags was posible

- merve visible layers work well (works now in any case)

- sticking cursor to scroller fixed

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-07-beta3A-en.exe

• Advanced Member
- merve visible layers work well (works now in any case)

Yep! Nice...a quick test (same as before...2 layers, 1 set to Modulate2X with .5 transparency

and the brightness dialed down) with 'merge visible' created the exact result I'd hoped for!

Excellent, and thanks for the rapid fix. :)

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member

some tiny nitpicks:

1. When you click on e.g. 'layers' at the top of the screen, there appears a dropdown. When you now move the mouse over 'symmetry', the layers-dropdown will be closed, but no new will be opened. In windows usually the dropdowns appear just when you hover over their buzzword on top of the screen (after initially clicking one of them). You can test it with any windows toolbar you like to see what I mean.

2. Is it possible to smooth the variation of the brush stroke when using a tablet? Something like the 'softstroke' button would be cool. I don't know if this would work out, but right now my strokes look a bit unsteady due to small changes in brush radius.

mike

Hi Andrew,

A couple of minor issues:

1. I've positioned my layers list next to my preset list but when I close the program and re-open it the prest list has moved.

In fact the preset list seems to have a life of it's own, move it to one place, re-open 3d Brush and it's moved again.

2. When I open 3D Brush it always opens to fill the screen, if I resize it on the desk top it does not stay that size when I re-open it.

3. This is probable not a small thing to change, but along with many other users, I have 2 monitors and it would be great if I could

move all my pallets over to the second monitor instead of having them cramped up on the one screen.

Thanks

Andy

post-443-1204299370_thumb.jpg

post-443-1204299377_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrew,

A couple of minor issues:

1. I've positioned my layers list next to my preset list but when I close the program and re-open it the prest list has moved.

In fact the preset list seems to have a life of it's own, move it to one place, re-open 3d Brush and it's moved again.

2. When I open 3D Brush it always opens to fill the screen, if I resize it on the desk top it does not stay that size when I re-open it.

3. This is probable not a small thing to change, but along with many other users, I have 2 monitors and it would be great if I could

move all my pallets over to the second monitor instead of having them cramped up on the one screen.

Thanks

Andy

It seems that you are using Vista and maybe you are logged not like administrator and access to "Progam Files" is limited, so 3DB is not able to save options. So you can do one of the next things:

1) Log in with admonistrative rights

2) Install 3DB into another folder (for example d:\3D-Brush\ )

Andrew, what happened to Addaptive Subdivision methode ? :huh: Cant find it, is not there...

I have turned it off because it produces more bugs than adds something useful. Anyway, every face is divided adaptively on micropolygon level (iven in standart subdivision). The only difference between usual and adaptive subdivisions mid-poly mesh is produced in different ways.

In general, I think that you have lost only extra bugs with adaptive subdivision. Actually, no quality or functionality was not lost. Maybe I will get it back when it will be less buggy.

some tiny nitpicks:

1. When you click on e.g. 'layers' at the top of the screen, there appears a dropdown. When you now move the mouse over 'symmetry', the layers-dropdown will be closed, but no new will be opened. In windows usually the dropdowns appear just when you hover over their buzzword on top of the screen (after initially clicking one of them). You can test it with any windows toolbar you like to see what I mean.

2. Is it possible to smooth the variation of the brush stroke when using a tablet? Something like the 'softstroke' button would be cool. I don't know if this would work out, but right now my strokes look a bit unsteady due to small changes in brush radius.

mike

1. sure you are right. It is not so important, but may be I will fix it.

2. There is special mode when brush radius is not dependent on pressure. May be it can help. I know, you mean other feature, I will think if it possible to do...

Sorry still don't get it, what exactly should I be doing?

Andy

Yes, there is rare bug when sometimes you need to activate materials manually. I have just found and fixed it. 2.07 will be release next week and this bugfix will e there. You can read there how to avoid this problem:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...mp;hl=Materials

It seems that you are using Vista and maybe you are logged not like administrator and access to "Progam Files" is limited, so 3DB is not able to save options. So you can do one of the next things:

1) Log in with admonistrative rights

2) Install 3DB into another folder (for example d:\3D-Brush\ )

Well 3D Brush 2.06 seems to be able to save its options fine, I only get this problem in the 2.07 beta3.

Andy