3DCoat Forums
    • you can add Gimp as external 2d app on Preferences
    • Hello Carlosan, Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3DCoat, reset all settings, hotkeys, windows, prefs Problem persist. I haven't changed anything from the original install, just some hotkeys and screen position, background color to 50% gray, I just use the perpixel painting ulitlity as I stated I just use 3Dcoat for handpaint. I see you get the export as it should be. The only workaround I found is using Sync Layer with external editor, and I save it with Photoshop instead of exporting with 3DCoat, which is ok but it slows the process and requires me to have PS.   My settings if it helps: I'm using a cintiq 21 UX 2nd Gen and a Wacom Intuos Pro 64GB Intel i7-9700K @3.7GHz 12 cores  Nvidia RTX 3070
    • In the mean time try use the win version in Lutris(wine) for the latest update, interestingly on my RTX card I need to uncheck incremental render in sculpt room to get better sculpt performance, if it's checked the stroke would be laggy when it's above around 3 million tris.   Overall experience is good.
    • what if you export as png 16bits ? Also try restating Preferences, something is wrong as I see...
    • Same Problem Carlosan, Tested in PS, Krita and GIMP Same residue in the Alpha Channel Thanks.
    • I cant replicate it, sorry try exporting from this project  cube2.3b
    • Hi Elemeno, here there was no shader, just a sculpt object selected, file > export selected > decimate, and imported as is in blender, no material. Carlosan said it doesn't do taht on his end so I will do more tests see if I can spot something that does or doesn't gives these split normals. Anyway if it's not generalized it's not an issue, 1 click fix by reseting normals, just should not happen on retopo objects as we don't want to modify the mesh normals after baking its normal texture. Thanks
    • It's just a cube with Uvs, it happens with all the projects I work on 3DCoat Maybe I need to chek something on preferences? it seems weird because I don't even know why that gray value is showing in the alpha, don't know where is coming from, could it be residue from the padding? Edit: I mainly work on 3Dcoat for Unlit Handpainted Textures, just want the albedo texture, I don't need Roughness, Depth etc. Cube.3b
    • I'm using the latest build 2024.20 I downgradde to 2024.17 And the problem persists. Also yeahit's hidden but your export is correct, your alpha is black and white, mine is grey and white. (Also why your channel is named "Alpha" and mine is named "Alpha 1"?) Thanks!  
    • weird, on my test export it with alpha... sidenote: Alpha channel must be unhide
    • Hello Carlosan, thanks for the help I tried hiding the Layer 0 and it didn't help. Is there any way to set the empty areas to export with 0% alpha? Thank you!
    • source... Having the full inner mesh causes problems with smooth and push modifier. The inner mesh has a nasty habit of poking through the outer mesh. The better clothing has a trim at the edges that turns in toward -------------------------------------------------- source... Have you always wondered how to use all those dynamic items out there? This tutorial will help you getting started with Poser's Cloth Room. It is suitable for beginners, but also advanced users might learn a few new details about cloth simulations.
    • Hi Hide Layer0 to save transparency If you erase the paint, things still bake just fine. However, the transparent areas created will be baked as alpha/trans. Also, if you hide Layer 0, it bakes fine and entirely with alpha/trans, whereas any other layer doesn't contain color data. *Layer0: avoid painting it for any purpose but transparency.  
    • I imagine that the fact that the brush returns to the default one when the command type is changed was a choice and not a bug, but if you don't solve the problem of the wrong size of the imported brushes it is very problematic. It seems very strange to me that no one points out this annoying problem, which has persisted for many versions.   Giovanni
    • Hi, the problem of the size of the brushes has worsened with the version of 3dcoatextura 2024.20, now in addition to the wrong size of the imported brushes, there is also the fact that if I change the tool (for example I use the fill) and then return to the traditional brush the "brush " that I had selected disappeared and the default one appeared, so I have to take it again and obviously its size is different from the gizmo. I used the trick of switching between the "brush" and "fill" commands a couple of times and the size eventually fixed itself, but now with this new bug I can't use it anymore.   Giovanni
    • Hello, I want to Export Albedo textures through Export/ColorAlbedoMap Without Padding. (Edit-Preferences-Padding->Never) I want to export textures with full transparent Alpha background in the blank space without UV information, Instead everytime I export the color Albedo textures, they are exported with a somewhat gray alpha value in those blank spaces, not being fully transparent. I tried .png .tga and .tiff and it's the same result. How can I export a clean texture with 100% opacity in the unused sections? Thanks!