3DCoat Forums
    • Blender version is 4.1 installed to "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\" 3dCoat is latest version (just upgraded to  3DCoat-2024-20) installed to "C:\Program Files\3DCoat-2024" Blender plugin exchange folder is C:\Users\*usrname*\Documents (*usrname* is replaced with real login name) Exporting from blender produced the 3DC2Blender folder in the exchange folder. Inside was exchange.txt with C:\Users\*usrname*\Documents\3DCoat\ There is no AppLinks folder in Documents When installed I was offered to update the applink which it did. I've tried both old and new and there is no difference, installing the new one just makes the 3dcoat popup disappear. I've reinstalled both, deep cleaned registrys etc. restore to defaults a few times but 3D-coat never sees the sent files. As I mentioned before I suspect that it because Documents is special if you have One-Drive installed and depending on which API is used to access the filesystem you either get the real Documents folder (which I think blender is using) or the special One-Drive documents folder (which I think 3d coat is seeing). Which is why the correct fix is just to let us specify the folder from both sides (Blender 3dcoat already lets us choose it) and stop trying to guess where 3dcoat expects it.    
    • If you are in sculpt surface mode, the model is very small and switch to voxel, may be the voxel resolution it is not enough to keep all geometry. Also try upgrading graphic drivers to latest.
    • @Omni-Moulage Just found this in the DAZ Studio, shows what you are trying to achieve is possible. https://www.daz3d.com/bw-chainspell-ornament-01-for-genesis-9-genesis-8-and-81-females
    • https://drive.google.com/file/d/19WCjRQPAkayqSXXxFGvHFVgaFaCfn5q_/view?usp=sharing Does anyone know why my exported mesh looks like this. It keeps chopping off half of the mesh. No idea why.
    • im not getting anything either
    • RealityScan 1.5 is out with a set of new features! What's new: - now possible to download 3D models to device and export photos from gallery - faster and more efficient cropping - redesigned project list - and more. Download now at http://unrealengine.com/realityscan  
    • Found it, thanks for point it up Edit-Preferences-Padding->Never It add extra level of gray to the alpha *you can add Gimp as external 2d app on Preferences
    • Hello Carlosan, Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3DCoat, reset all settings, hotkeys, windows, prefs Problem persist. I haven't changed anything from the original install, just some hotkeys and screen position, background color to 50% gray, I just use the perpixel painting ulitlity as I stated I just use 3Dcoat for handpaint. I see you get the export as it should be. The only workaround I found is using Sync Layer with external editor, and I save it with Photoshop instead of exporting with 3DCoat, which is ok but it slows the process and requires me to have PS.   My settings if it helps: I'm using a cintiq 21 UX 2nd Gen and a Wacom Intuos Pro 64GB Intel i7-9700K @3.7GHz 12 cores  Nvidia RTX 3070
    • In the mean time try use the win version in Lutris(wine) for the latest update, interestingly on my RTX card I need to uncheck incremental render in sculpt room to get better sculpt performance, if it's checked the stroke would be laggy when it's above around 3 million tris.   Overall experience is good.
    • what if you export as png 16bits ? Also try restating Preferences, something is wrong as I see...
    • Same Problem Carlosan, Tested in PS, Krita and GIMP Same residue in the Alpha Channel Thanks.
    • I cant replicate it, sorry try exporting from this project  cube2.3b
    • Hi Elemeno, here there was no shader, just a sculpt object selected, file > export selected > decimate, and imported as is in blender, no material. Carlosan said it doesn't do taht on his end so I will do more tests see if I can spot something that does or doesn't gives these split normals. Anyway if it's not generalized it's not an issue, 1 click fix by reseting normals, just should not happen on retopo objects as we don't want to modify the mesh normals after baking its normal texture. Thanks
    • It's just a cube with Uvs, it happens with all the projects I work on 3DCoat Maybe I need to chek something on preferences? it seems weird because I don't even know why that gray value is showing in the alpha, don't know where is coming from, could it be residue from the padding? Edit: I mainly work on 3Dcoat for Unlit Handpainted Textures, just want the albedo texture, I don't need Roughness, Depth etc. Cube.3b
    • I'm using the latest build 2024.20 I downgradde to 2024.17 And the problem persists. Also yeahit's hidden but your export is correct, your alpha is black and white, mine is grey and white. (Also why your channel is named "Alpha" and mine is named "Alpha 1"?) Thanks!