3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Problem pose tool

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, digman said:

Still trying to figure this bug out... Sometimes does not happen for a long then it happens... If I can figure it out, I will post... 

Thank you. Andrew should work on this recurring problem because he has been there for a long time. Hopefully he will read this post.^_^
If by a miracle I find the solution to the problem I will let you know, of course.

Good night

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, ajz3d said:

Perhaps you're facing this problem?:

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2095

I seen this too... Sometimes being off the Y plane -Y in most cases, the problem appears and other times I can move the object off to the -Y and there is no problem at all. Plus move it off the xz axis and -Y. Tried that too. When I try to reproduce the problem, nothing happens. LOL :blink:

Undo would cause the problem to appear as well at times and I think somewhere in the process Undo is part of it too. Even prior undos that might have corrupted the mesh but not reveled to the user. 

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

The Sculpt Room really needs some attention, but the folks who have been pushing for Paint Room related features, are currently being served, it seems. So, we will probably have to wait a long while to get some work done in the Sculpt room. The Pose tool could really use some refinement. Every time I use it for anything but a small adjustment, I run into it's limitations/quirks. The SMOOTH SELECTION command is absolutely worthless, and if I want to create an oval gradient...or gradient with a specific shape, it's a real pain...largely because the "Smooth Selection" command is crap. And if you need to finesse the edges of a selection, using a brush, it has to be a really low polygon version or it, too, is useless. It's way too slow. I don't understand why that is. You can paint a freeze selection with relative ease, but not a pose selection.  

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hello,
Sorry for the delay.
Yep ajz3d, it sounds like this problem.

And as the signal "AbnRanger", the tool poses and really wind-broken. wait with impatience the work of the progammers.

-_-:rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Kargall said:

Hello,
Sorry for the delay.
Yep ajz3d, it sounds like this problem.

And as the signal "AbnRanger", the tool poses and really wind-broken. wait with impatience the work of the progammers.

-_-:rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

It's my understanding that Andrew is the only one who knows the application code well enough to do major changes in a featureset like the Pose tool, but perhaps if you send him an e-mail and ask him if he has a developer who can help him fix the Pose tool, while he works in the Paint Room? I know he had someone do all the additional Primitives and additions to the Primitives parameters in Tool Options panel, in the Sculpt room and added Primitives to the Retopo Room. So, maybe he could help a little with the Pose tool.

It is the main deformation tool for modeling, in the Sculpt room, so it should be the most proficient tool in the entire room. Needs the ability to assign any number of FFD control points, just like the Primitives tool does. We also need more Selection types, where 3D Coat creates a smooth gradient along the selection. A Spline Deform option is also needed.

• 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Problem pose tool