vfxdomain

modo AppLink

41 posts in this topic

Hello, it can run in 801 sp3 but has some errors, 3d coat can't export normal map into 801.

In 801 if click "import from 3d coat", there will bump a menu shows error information,

I'm using 3d coat v4.5.

post-38833-0-61846600-1426476775_thumb.j

Hi there,

I asked in the Modo forum, but no answer. Ich want to install the modo applink. But I'm confused who to do this.

It would be great if anyone could explain step by step what to do.

I downloaded several files. What to do with all these files? What are the applink_auto.py and the applink.py are good for? Is the install.py not enough?

I'm on a Mac (10.9.5) with Modo 801 and 3D Coat (4.1.17D)

Thanks.

45XlX_s.jpg

From modo 10 to 3dcoat it failed to export more than 1 uv set. 

Yeah, modo applink is all broken. Would be great to have a better integration :(

Actually, I think I made it work. It's now working fine on Modo 10.1 even being a beta. 
What I did:

1. installed the applink as described on instructions (did a manually install). 
2. created TWO .txt files on the Exchange folder inside of 3D Coat's V3 folder under Users/Documents. Did the same on other folders/versions just in case. 
3. These TWO .txt files are exactly the ones as described on the error message when trying to bring something from 3D Coat to Modo. textures.txt and export.txt

Exporting from Modo to 3D Coat trough applink works fine. To bring it back, inside 3D Coat go to File > Export To > Modo. Nothing happens, but on Modo just need to use the applink and then Import From 3D Coat. It brings the mesh, textures and else. 

Edited by dimitribastos

Thanks dude, I'll try that as soon as i finish a project - deadlines u.u- However, as you point in the beta topic, i think it's an obj issue from Modo side. I think it's a seneca or farfarer plugin that let you export from the item tab. That obj exporter works fine with the uv set issue. 

Hi !

is this appLink working on MacOSX ?

ty

change 3dc_applink.py text

\\Documents\\3D-CoatV3\\Exchange\\
to
\\Documents\\3D-CoatV47\\Exchange\\

all OK.

1 person likes this

Hello, best regards to all from a new one, please build an update for the new Modo 10 !

12 hours ago, herrkjeldsen said:

I would also love an updated plugin for modo 10! :) That would be sweet!

See a few posts above where it is mentioned that the applink is working fine with Modo 10, after changing the Exchange directory.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone else actually manage to get this to work for import? Export is fine after going through all the recommended methods but import is a no go. Using Modo 10.2v2.

I really wish these were maintained.

Edited by RabenWulf