3DCoat Forums
  1. General

1. Announcements

This area contains official announcements from the Pilgway team

3. New Releases, Bugs Reports & Development Discussion

This is a section of the forum specifically for final and beta releases and discussing new developments. Also to report any new bug found.

1. General 3DCoat

Discussions related to 3DCoat, and also share ideas for improving the program.

SDK, scripts & plugins development. If you want to create or share custom scripts & plugin(s) for 3DCoat, you can find the information here to do so.

3. SOS! If you need urgent help for 3DCoat

Any urgent matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

1. CG & Hardware Discussion

CG meeting area. General Discussion, News, films, games discussions, etc.

Have a Brush, Stencils, Smart Materials, Shaders, Extension, etc. you'd like to share ?
      Post it here !

1. 275

• I use Autopo to retopo some objects and export them to Blender and Substance Painter. All parameters and presets were set to Blender or Cycles. However strangely, the objects appeared to have a lot of artifacts and seams in Blender than in SP. Details were also less clear than in SP.
    • Alright, I guess that's a way then. Anyway, Thx. I've written a email to the address, along with some other feature requests.
    • NO SOLO MODE EXISTS .. which is very strange you can however use shift+V on the object to hide it and shift+i to invert the hiding  but yes a toggle mode for allowing just that selected object to be see would be super handy
    • Well we do not have info you have, but I do not see why would anyone be against it, especially if price is not being changed.
    • I requested topological masking for freeze brush some time ago  I'm not sure if it is in developer plans... But would be awesome to have. I'm surprised it does not exist  yet.
    • Good day. I find myself moving to blender more and more. I don't like this. I work on characters a lot and this always stops me in my step.  How can we freeze or mask objects close to other parts of the mesh (around the mouth or eyelids)? Topological move only works when the brush size is smaller than the surface around the working area. Freeze brush does not have any settings to overcome this issue. This is how blender works around this.   How can we do this in 3dcoat?  
    • Hi You can bend to curve following this steps Open curve editor Draw a curve Pressing RMB over the curve select Bend Volume Select and manipulate curve points Bend tips  
    • Yeah. I think I saw someone using it. Just never found where that is.
    • i dont know how to upload images, but in zbrush it is in the transform gizmo menu.
    • So i can move my current object using control points like a curve.
    • Smart Extrude needs to be smarter. As it is right now. It is pretty bare bones. Max, Maya, Modo all have this type of smart extrusion. (note the subdivision surfaces are non destructive. The user can switch back and forth using the low poly cage to manipulate the subdivided mesh.)          
    • Wrong. I do not want the gizmo to be oriented along the average of the normals that are selected. I have a selection of polygons. I want to pick a single polygon face and (or edge) have the gizmo align to the direction of that normal while maintaining the selection group.
    • i think theres a solo mode like zbrush ... im sure there is 
    • Please drop a mail at support@3dcoat.com asking for this feature. Thanks
    • Source... OVERLAPPED RENDERING The first problem is straight forward: if a pixel of a texture is used twice by a polygon’s UV coordinates, your baking process will write to that pixel twice, overwriting previous information. This isn’t always a problem, but can result in weird facetted bakes that are completely unuseable. Since you should always strive to make the most out of your UV space, uniquely unwrapping the otherwise overlapping parts is not a solution for this. The baking process is clearly the only problem here. The solution is to offset your overlapping parts. You move one or more of the overlapping parts (so there’s only one polygon occupying the UV space) exactly 1 UV unit aside. This makes sure there is no more overwriting. Out of bounds texture coordinates are wrapped back during texture lookups, but not during rendering to texture, fixing our problem. NON-SYMMETRICAL AO SHARING Symmetrical objects can easily share AO texturespace, al you have to do is mirror their UV coordinates. Problems arise when the AO baked onto the texture, is not correct for each side. Imagine a car bumper, where each half shares the same texturespace. Now if there is some sort of detail in front of only one half of the bumper, you might end up with a black spot on the other half of your texture, even though there is no occluding geometry there. In such a simple case, it’s enough to only bake the half without occluding geometry and trade off some accuracy in your AO maps. More complex problems arise when you have object that are really different in terms of occlusion, use the same space. Depending on how wrong the bake is, you might even have to completely overpaint small parts of you baked AO. Just try to keep it really generic in terms of occlusion, just some simple shading that works for all geometry using the texturespace. another solution...
    • There's a problem with surface tools for voxel sculpting. Andrey will fix this.