3DCoat Forums

Polycoune/Mixamo Adventurer WIP

ebitz

• Advanced Member

Going with a character called the Amphibian. He or she must be prepared for any environment, and adaptable. Going with a modern day maybe slightly techy theme. Concept time.

Anyone interested in joining the contest, can post their WIPs here if they would like, or create your own WIP thread.

Good luck to anyone wanting to model along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Hey Garagarape, did you read the first post or followed that threat http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13278 ?

Anyone interested in joining the contest, can post their WIPs here if they would like, or create your own WIP thread.
Good luck to anyone wanting to model along.

I was thinking, this is the threat for that contest.

If i am wrong, i would create my own WIP threat.

Maybe ebitz could give some words about that.

• Advanced Member

I'm glad you decided to participate Malo. Maybe you will get the ball rolling for others as well.

I have one comment on your piece and that is to try and work out your proportions, and it is better to do it now rather than down the road. You've got a great start on the head and goggles though. Looking forward to more.

Posting second WIP for me. Giving him a more mercenary feel with more scuba gear and weapons to come.

post-13655-0-42156900-1370129122_thumb.p

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

He is coming together very well as you add the extra details, very nice boots by the way... I could use a little of that detail mojo, I'm such a hopeless doodler... :wacko:

• Contributor

@ebitz

Yes would be nice to see some more adventurers.

New pics from me.

Some adjustments and little bit more work on the details.

post-24378-0-02820100-1370542733_thumb.j

Some folds and more dodats for the adventurer are the next step.

• Contributor

Nice little guy.

Maybe the proportions are a little bit missmatching.

Arms and feet are a little bit to short, or the head is to big for the rest. i am not sure what.

The face is nice.

Update from me. Some more Details.

post-24378-0-04018700-1370812308_thumb.j

I am now on 21 Million polys and i see there is no much room for more polys on my PC.

• Contributor

@Malo: You can probably press the "clone and reduce level of details twice" button in the VoxTree tab once or twice, then delete the old vox layers. I don't think your model has much tiny detail yet, so it will probably still look nice enough with reduced detail. If that doesn't work well, then switch into Surface mode and start to use the LiveClay "decimate" SHIFT action (available above the viewport when using LiveClay tools) to reduce your poly count only in areas where there isn't much detail. While holding down SHIFT brush the areas you want to decimate. Leave the detailed areas high poly. Doing that will reduce your overall Polycount a lot.

@Carlosa: The physical proportions of your character remind me of dwarfism. Is that what you intended? If so, then I would recommend that you look at photo references to try and match the proportions as closely as possible. Otherwise I think you did a great job with the face!

@ebitz: The details are coming along very nicely! (the belt clip, shoelaces, etc.) Perhaps his head is too large and upper body too small? Cool idea for a character!

• Advanced Member

Just finishing up assets and details. A little mind bending what comes next and deadline is looming. TimmyZDesign, thanks for the comments, but I had to disagree with you on the proportions.

post-13655-0-07387000-1371963906_thumb.j

• Like 1