• >1024
  4. 4. OS

• XP 32
    • XP 64
    • Vista 32
    • Vista 64
    • OSX 10.4
    • OSX 10.5

Some of the poll options don't match the answers given. The option for RAM said 2048-4096 or 4096-8192. I have 4GB So actually both answers were correct. I picked the second one and the poll result says I picked 8192. I think I got that right anyway, there's no way to go back and look.

Some of the poll options were don't match the answer given. The option for RAM said 2048-4096 or 4096-8192. I have 4GB So actually both answer were correct. I picked the second one and the poll result says I picked 8192. I think I got that right anyway, there's no way to go back and look.

I have improved poll and corrected your voting.

• Advanced Member
I have improved poll and corrected your voting.

Sorry to bother you, but I only have 256Mb of GFX ram and voted in the 256-512 entry, which now shows as 512 - sorry for the mix up. I wouldn't want you to think everyone has fancy 512 Mb cards :)

Also, don't forget to check out http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html for a broader sample set, although this is quite a different audience compared to 3D Coat forum members.

WOW a lot of people use xp 64, well i didn't see the 4 people that votes lol

Other than the occasional driver or two not working, XP 64bit is the most stable OS I've ever used. A lot of production studios use it still as well. Lots of workstation GPUs like the Quadro FX 5600 1.5Ram(my current card) are optimized for xp64 bit and the drivers have had many years in development. I don't plan on going Vista until Microsoft forces me too :)

• Advanced Member
Other than the occasional driver or two not working, XP 64bit is the most stable OS I've ever used. A lot of production studios use it still as well. Lots of workstation GPUs like the Quadro FX 5600 1.5Ram(my current card) are optimized for xp64 bit and the drivers have had many years in development. I don't plan on going Vista until Microsoft forces me too :)

Agreed. Its more compatible than vista atm and gives you the benefit of 64bit

I haven't tried XP 64, but I've had the 32 bit version on a number of computers and still do on a couple. I'm personally calling Vista the most stable OS I've used. I've never had a Vista related crash on my desktop and I don't think my laptop has ever crashed. The only driver problem i had was that Epson doesn't make Vista drivers for my printer, but that was easilly solved since Vista came with those drivers pre-installed.