3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vexod14

Akeytsu Discussion Corner

Hi everyone !

I'm Etienne Beschet (aka Vexod14) from the Nukeygara team, creators of Akeytsu, (a (super awesome) animation software ;)), so here is a dedicated topic if you want to share your thoughts and experiences about it =)

By the way we now have discord+instagram official accounts, feel free to join us =D

2115941574_Annonceinsta-2-3.thumb.png.4aea3e35967869a9e389a80a1d330763.png

There's also an official forum here (please use it for bug reports and wanted features as much as possible ;):  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nukeygara/
Get Akeytsu here : https://www.nukeygara.com/try

Have great day all !

• Like 1

I am looking forward to again working in akeytsu.  Enjoyed using the program and will enjoy it again.

• Thanks 1

Some of the whole set of animations done with Akeytsu for our little fan project Star Wars Redemption =)

Textures are mostly made with 3DCoat, plus a very little touche of Photoshop/ZBrush ;) Still a great pleasure to paint all these with such a cool software

• Like 4

Just in case you'd like to get your hands on Akeytsu (and see some models textured with 3DCoat ;)), trials are temporarily extended up to two months =)

Aucune description de photo disponible.

• Like 1

Hi !

A few months back we unveiled our development roadmap with three major updates for rigging and 3D animation software akeytsu. Our goal this year  is to fulfil the 3D animation needs of mid-sized studios with an accessible, permissive, efficient all inclusive toolbox.

Speaking with our users and consulting with external studios we have chosen to focus on the following areas of improvements: advanced controllers, automation, cinematic tools and of course behind-the-scene tech maintenance.

The roadmap for 2020 breaks down as follows:                           

PACK 1 – End April: Auto-Rigger, Audio Support, Looker, FBX importer / exporter overhaul

PACK 2 – July / August: Space Switching, Re-targeting, Cameras, Global IK Solving

PACK 3 – October / November: Meta-Controllers, Roll Joints

In 2019, we released many new updates such as Additive Layers, Geodesic Voxel Binding, Joint Light display mode, Blendshape Controls, Tween Machine, and Customisation options as well as many other software enhancements to expand akeytsu’s toolset. Here is the 2019 Feature Trailer : 

The team is committed to continuously bring improvements into akeytsu and push for higher quality and better performance. We are aiming for three major releases every year. 

You can read more about akeytsu’s 2020 roadmap here: https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/dev-roadmap-2020

This original post was made by Alyona from the Nukeygara Team

NB you may recognize a few characters I did here ;) all of them are fully textured with 3DCoat

24 minutes ago, Vexod14 said:

Hi !

A few months back we unveiled our development roadmap with three major updates for rigging and 3D animation software akeytsu. Our goal this year  is to fulfil the 3D animation needs of mid-sized studios with an accessible, permissive, efficient all inclusive toolbox.

Speaking with our users and consulting with external studios we have chosen to focus on the following areas of improvements: advanced controllers, automation, cinematic tools and of course behind-the-scene tech maintenance.

The roadmap for 2020 breaks down as follows:                           

PACK 1 – End April: Auto-Rigger, Audio Support, Looker, FBX importer / exporter overhaul

PACK 2 – July / August: Space Switching, Re-targeting, Cameras, Global IK Solving

PACK 3 – October / November: Meta-Controllers, Roll Joints

In 2019, we released many new updates such as Additive Layers, Geodesic Voxel Binding, Joint Light display mode, Blendshape Controls, Tween Machine, and Customisation options as well as many other software enhancements to expand akeytsu’s toolset. Here is the 2019 Feature Trailer : 

The team is committed to continuously bring improvements into akeytsu and push for higher quality and better performance. We are aiming for three major releases every year. 

You can read more about akeytsu’s 2020 roadmap here: https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/dev-roadmap-2020

This original post was made by Alyona from the Nukeygara Team

NB you may recognize a few characters I did here ;) all of them are fully textured with 3DCoat

I really think it would be cool to see Akeytsu partner in some way with Pilgway, to offer an integrated version inside 3DCoat....especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020. 

• Like 2

I really think it would be cool to see Akeytsu partner in some way with Pilgway, to offer an integrated version inside 3DCoat....especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020. 

I can't speak in behalf of Nukeygara on this point, but as a 3DCoat & Akeytsu user/lover I agree with you about making a partnership, it could be nice !

@AbnRanger by the way, I didn't react on "especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020"

Are you teasing the community ? ;)

Can't wait to see that !

Edited by Vexod14

1 hour ago, Vexod14 said:

@AbnRanger by the way, I didn't react on "especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020"

Are you teasing the community ? ;)

Can't wait to see that !

No teasing. There should be a new Path-Tracing render engine. I think the way some of these big new features are being handled is that the developers working on them, have their own individual builds they are working on, and these haven't made it into the main 4.9.xx builds. The New Curves Beta is the exception, and even then, some new additions they may leak in the videos, haven't yet made it into the main builds. And example of this is the "Create Quad Mesh From Curves" video. That hasn't made it into the main build, yet, but it might in the next one.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the precision !
Also, if I may ask you, when can we expect a V5.0 of 3DCoat ?

4 hours ago, Vexod14 said:

Maybe when Akeytsu will support pipeline for movies with highpoly animations =)

9 hours ago, Vexod14 said:

I don't think even Andrew knows. I think they are aiming for early or late summer. It probably depends on how ready some of the major features are.

• Thanks 1

...and the whole reason I bring up the notion of collaboration is:

1) 3D Coat could really use a decent rigging tool, even if it's simplistic and used for Posing. The Pose tool is great in it's own right, but for Character Posing, it's just not very efficient compared to a system like you see in Mudbox and ZBrush

2) Companies merge or partner up (collaborate) all the time. One recent example is Octane partnering with JangaFX, based on the standalone VFX app EmberGen FX

I would gladly buy an Akeytsu license if it were integrated in 3DCoat, somehow. That could be a stellar partnership, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for late reply, but yeah I get your point. Partnership could be really interesting. At the moment I'm using both tools to make my assets and that's good enough to achieve what I need (btw I still didn't get the time to dig into 3DCoat -awesome- sculpting tools, I remain a super big fan of the texture paint room )