3DCoat Forums

Jewellery from 3DCoat

• Advanced Member

http://www.shapeways.com/themes/stainless_...rinting_gallery

Shapeways now offers steel format 3d printing so it is completely possible for us to create in 3d, then in REAL 3D. How cool is that? $20 would get you a ring made AND shipped.

Wow.

Hey Andrew it might be time for the first ever 3dCoat contest - design a ring/pendant and get it made. Good publicity spinner if the folk at Shapeway get behind it. Just an idea.

:clapping:

• Advanced Member
Wonderful isn't it. Check this shop:

http://www.bathsheba.com/

She makes a living selling sculptures online.

Ooo I'd love to be in her shoes, I think the site said she made a quarter million dollars in a year. Woah. For the record I'm more impressed by her talent than the $$$ being made.

There has to be market out there for 3d printing products. I've been thinking a little about it and came up with custom-dogtags, charm-braceletts + charms

Still I think I'd gain more from just enjoying seeing my sculptures in real-life, so try not to think too hard about making money from it.

• Contributor
Ooo I'd love to be in her shoes, I think the site said she made a quarter million dollars in a year. Woah. For the record I'm more impressed by her talent than the $$$ being made.

There has to be market out there for 3d printing products. I've been thinking a little about it and came up with custom-dogtags, charm-braceletts + charms

Still I think I'd gain more from just enjoying seeing my sculptures in real-life, so try not to think too hard about making money from it.

This is the kind of niche that is only viable because of the internet. You have a planetary market.

• Advanced Member
http://www.shapeways.com/themes/stainless_...rinting_gallery

Shapeways now offers steel format 3d printing so it is completely possible for us to create in 3d, then in REAL 3D. How cool is that? $20 would get you a ring made AND shipped.

Wow.

Hey Andrew it might be time for the first ever 3dCoat contest - design a ring/pendant and get it made. Good publicity spinner if the folk at Shapeway get behind it. Just an idea.

:clapping:

Good idea and THX for the link!

Rene

• Advanced Member
Shapeways is like turbosquid where you can upload models and get a royalty for 3dprinted item sold?

Yeah it does offer that. Haven't looked into the royalty/selling side yet. I started a Gallery WIP thread today just to document my first Shapeways test-print. It could take 3-4weeks before it arrives from printing in the USA to posting to Australia, but I'm still very excited by this! :clapping:

Awesome Ghostdog, please keep us posted. I am very interested in hearing how it goes. :good:

I am interested in running a 3D print shop as well. It could be fun to see your work in hand instead of just on a monitor.

• Advanced Member

250000 is how much was awarded for a simple pic of a 3d stickman... I'd love to be in those shoes more.