3DCoat Forums

Root Monster v2.

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Well...Sometimes when I am sculpting I go a little bit crazy and and change my models shape. (with pose and move tools)

Trying to find inspiration. I did with this model and it turned like this. With this one, I only used Rapid tool(Suface) and sometimes I went back

to voxels and added a leg (using primitives tools). Current there is 3.1 mil triangles.

post-1165-12621562046808_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Well...Sometimes when I am sculpting I go a little bit crazy and and change my models shape. (with pose and move tools)

Trying to find inspiration. I did with this model and it turned like this. With this one, I only used Rapid tool(Suface) and sometimes I went back

to voxels and added a leg (using primitives tools). Current there is 3.1 mil triangles.

post-1165-12621562046808_thumb.png

well looks like you've got a great base going for your character...but you're right...sometimes it's best to work without set boundaries, just let it go where it leads.smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Very nice character! :good: Cool presence and personality!

Only need tweaking of the hips/belly region a little I think.(maybe thinner ? :unsure: )

At 12mil its not easy to do some proportion tweaking with move brush.

But with a few undos you should be able to get it right.

(Or just make multiple saves or copies and choose your favorite.)

• Applink Developer

Thanks Artman for the feedback. The idea behind of bigger belly is I wanted to make it fat. I tried with smaller belly

and it worked very well too. This is my final sculpt with voxel clay :rolleyes: There is 17 mil triangles. There is still small things

to fix but I'm going to leave them for now and fix them while retopoly the sculpt. Next step is to take this beast to blender and Vray.

Let's see how it goes. I'm scared.

post-1165-12642079624132_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Wau... This is just huge. I love the new Ptex feature. HEre is small update where I tried to color monster upper body with Ptex.

And I really like the results. I would love to continue but I'm affraid that I'm loosing it because this is just beta stage...

post-1165-12651845092254_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

Wau... This is just huge. I love the new Ptex feature. HEre is small update where I tried to color monster upper body with Ptex.

And I really like the results. I would love to continue but I'm affraid that I'm loosing it because this is just beta stage...

Ooh! That looks very cool.

• 4 months later...
  • Applink Developer

Here is small update again. Because of new proxy system, I was able to re-pose this sculpt and continue to work with this scultp, after a big break. There is still something odd with render engine. I'm not able to get nice pictures if you use larger image size. (bigger than your screen.) If someone can show the steps how to do it that would be great.

post-1165-1277465312132_thumb.pngpost-1165-12774653207295_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I like this very much, I can't imagine how many polys are here.

Well, well done, You can convert this to multi res model in blender you know.

Impressive :clapping:

About render sizes. What's the problem?

I usually ask for a custom ~1000x1000 and then go for 2x or 3x. And don't forget to name and assign the path first. Warning! after the rendering, assign a different name because 3dc will overwrite the next render.