3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender 2.83 Applink

I can't preserve UV-maps for an object has multi UV-sets among my workflows.

1. 'Send'-ing an object has multi UV-sets to 3d-coat, to do 'UV-Mapping'.

2. Unwrap in 3d-coat for each UV-set

3. Send back to blender

4. (Here a object has correct UV-set for material)

5. 'Send' again the object of (4) to 3d-coat

6. I see some UV-sets are broken

Do I have to keep  materials one  forever?

Or does any idea to do good for multi materials?

---

3d-coat applink version 5.0.0

3d-coat 4.9.37 (win64)

Edited by roentgen

'Treat Materials as separate textures' is always enabled. I tried this but it does not works for me.

I can see UV in blender but 3d-coat cannot.

Edited by roentgen

thanks @haikalle

I attach the file.

`__staffB` is an object was created by AppLink. UV-sets of this are consolidated to one, and can see/edit on 3d-coat.

'staffB' is an original of '__staffB', has UV-sets can not see/edit on 3d-coat.

staff_b.blend

Edited by roentgen

On 9/19/2019 at 1:15 AM, haikalle said:

Hi! I got this message from Blender coders

Now I need your feedback. What you think if Tap panel is removed and moved ether into Scene menu where is the rest 3d-coat settings or into menu - >Import/Export settings. My oppinion is that this change will make the workflow slower when using applink because "send" and "getback" buttons are behind more clicks than it's now. What do think. I want to hear you before answering back to blender folks.

Gob addon (GoZ-alike tools for simple ZBrush<->Blender interchange. )was moved to upper middle viewport.  What do you think about to move yours to that location ? (without overlapping both, of course)

io.jpg

5 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Gob addon was moved to upper middle viewport.  What do you think about to move yours to that location ? (without overlapping both, of course)

io.jpg

What is the Gob addonon? Is it a replaceent or update of the Blender Addon?

Gob addon (GoZ-alike tools for simple ZBrush<->Blender interchange.

I rather have the applink where it is now.

On most projects I won't be using the add-on during all stages of the process, and sometimes it won't be used at all. Having a button visible at all times I think it clutters the interface and adds some substantial visual noise. On the other side, opening the tab to the occasional (albeit frequent) transmission of assets between both programs isn't that clunky. I hardly see any organised work needing a frantic constant exchange, even while rapid changes in the process requires frequent back and forth. We work and polish using both programs, but the bulk of the work isn't in the exchange, but inside applications. Maybe other workflows could benefit from the suggested placement above. I couldn't tell.

What about making it optional? Would that be feasible?

I prefer the Blender applink on the Blender N panel as well.

oki

Is there anything update on this?

Please let me know if it reproduces or does not.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:27 PM, roentgen said:

thanks @haikalle

I attach the file.

`__staffB` is an object was created by AppLink. UV-sets of this are consolidated to one, and can see/edit on 3d-coat.

'staffB' is an original of '__staffB', has UV-sets can not see/edit on 3d-coat.

staff_b.blend

I decided to give this applink another try with newest addon zip (what I found from this threat) and I can get models to 3DCoat but not back there (there is not any message / Blender doesn't response anyhow). 

I also noticed that there is many tutorials that doesn't count anymore with applink (buttons have been taken off ect.)? Is there still coming updates to this applink and when we get updated tutorial? 

@platyros Do you have latest 3d-coat version? There has been some issues with applink lately. Micro-verts are not working at the moment and also there is some scaling issue. 

But Per-Pixel mode should work OK. I think that I need some extra work with applink before updating tutorials.

Right now applink is in very unstable state...sorry about it.

Edited by haikalle

One reason why it's unstable state is that I made a big changes for the code. The code started to become harder and harder to read so I need to rearrange code better. 

This task is not finished yet. My time is limited at the moment so progress is slow but I will let you know here when it's good time to test applink again.

Edited by haikalle
  • Thanks 1

The applink work for me to send objects from blender to coat but not from 3dcoat to blender. I use the latest blender build and latest 3dcoat stable build.  4.9.49 .

I setup my exchange folder and exported inside it my fbx file from coat but blender does not update nor making the shader links with textures.

I also use the 3dc  preset with blender applink.

Anyone know why this is happening?

there is issues with applink right now...not sure yet when I have time to tackle them.

• Thanks 1

ok. let's make blender applink great again. here is update. but it's early beta. Please report bugs reports only now. Know issue:

-Scaling issue when using voxels

-Microverts mode dosen't work

coat3d.zip

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, haikalle said:

ok. let's make blender applink great again. here is update. but it's early beta. Please report bugs reports only now. Know issue:

-Scaling issue when using voxels

-Microverts mode dosen't work

coat3d.zip

Funny choice of words. :D

Thanks for the assist. :good: