3DCoat Forums
    • I don't think this is a proper comparison, because Octane can handle some pretty dense scenes, too and it has a free version (Octane Prime w/ the main limitation being 1 GPU used...which is basically the same limitation for Arnold in Max and Maya) for multiple 3D applications, as I mentioned before. Why not use that as your basis for comparison, instead of one of the most expensive render engines on the market? I think the Concept Art market is rapidly trending away from Keyshot, as more and more concept art posted by Pilgway on social media, shows Blender and Octane as the most common render engines used. It used to be Keyshot for a number of years. Now that 3DCoat has this simplified export toolset, Concept Artists can export models that are not so heavy (because of Auto Decimation > Auto UV process during export), anymore, and thus there is little need for a $1k+/yr render engine just to handle high poly counts. Having a world class render engine INSIDE 3DCoat could change the whole game...at least in terms of serving the Concept Art/Design market, which 3DCoat has the biggest foothold in, currently. Know where your bread is buttered...and go there. I agree that it would be nice if 3DCoat had a good rigging system for posing characters/creatures, but IMHO, that would be much less useful than a superior render engine and material system. Mileage may vary, but if non-3DCoat users saw an article or Youtube video saying "3DCoat 2025 now comes with Octane (or VRay/Vantage/Lumen/Renderman/Maxwell, etc.) render + materials fully integrated," that would generate a lot more buzz and sales than "3DCoat 2025 now includes a Rigging system for Posing." Why? Because it would appeal to a much broader audience. I know most Concept Artists would certainly upgrade their licenses after seeing that. They would not feel so compelled to if it had a better rigging system...which I hope will get added at some point in the near future. But, for me, personally, I would prefer to see a top notch render engine inside 3DCoat, so I almost never have to leave the app to make a high quality model and render a model sheet, turntable, etc. with great looking glass (cannot do that so well currently) and or volumetric FX (Open VDB), and see perfect SSS, fur, cartoon shaders, etc.  
    • That would be a negative, I havn't gone down the Character Creator route yet. At the moment creating DAZ Studio content is my main source of income so most of my time is invested into developing that. Another reason to refine and define my workflow, time is money. 
    • I'll try. Besides Daz, do you use Character Creator ?
    • radial symmetry 1mil 20 points  lags with all brushes ... never used to happen , i could have 40/50 million before with 100 points and it wouldnt lag? anyone noticed performance?
    • It's been really great to tidy up this workflow...thank you If you wanted to try an experiment in the opposite direction....try exporting Genesis 9 out of DAZ and importing 3DCoat for the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1. Import into Modelling Room. Using the Tweak < Brush Tool with symmetry on in X direction : create some very large ears for Genesis 9 by moving the existing mesh and then re-exporting the mesh. The idea behind this is to create a morph file for Genesis but because the Vertices Order changes, DAZ produces this message: WARNING the Geometry did not match failed to create morph. During this experiment, I got some very interesting results trying to move the mesh around in 3DC (as attached ) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Import into Poly Painting Room for texturing. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm thinking with a Bridge, 3DCoat could be great for character creating DAZ figures.  Sub-D Levels would be important for HD Morphs though.  
    • Monitor/Projector: ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG34WCDM (LG WOLED gaming monitor) - Guru3D Monitor/Projector: Titan Army P27A2R 27- Gaming Monitor Review - Neoseeker. Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 600 Review - APH Networks. Case: Cooler Master NR200P V2 - OCinside (German). Mouse: CHERRY MC 9620 FPS RGB Gaming Mouse - Mad Shrimps.
    • Thanks for the answer. It was a temporary tool. I even removed it from my menu.
    • Confirmed FaceGroup works fine after importing the model exported from Modeling Room to DAZ (is the original demo soldier w/polygroups exported from zbrush)
    • Crash replicated and reported. Thanks for point it up
    • Hi - with this tutorial the 'Build Surface' is cool. However on build 2024.19 if you go to the Nurbs room and use the 'surface to mesh' I get a instability warning and immediate crash every time. This is a really cool feature, please look into it. I create the surface and select surface to mesh and click ok. The instability warning and then the crash dialogue. 
    • Yes please add it!!!!!  Don't forget 3Dcoat is not just a modelling&retopo tool, it's extremely popular among concept artists and designers. It would be super helpful to have a better render engine as part of whole workflow. Current 3dcoat render engine is ok for single object rendering for clients, but can't produce very realistic renders.   With it's own shader system a more powerful engine I can even do whole environment concept art inside 3Dcoat. 
    • Hi Oleg,  Why can't you do anything (just curious I don't understand). I did update, the problem persists. As mentionned this problem occured whatever the version, whatever the pc/mac, the only common denominator I see is the Cintiq tablet perhaps. Thanks
    • With a Face Group Selected ( by pressing the + symbol ) And then Right Clicking in Scene opens up functions for that selection. In this case, if I wanted to I could assign a surface region to the Top Face, Side Face and Bottom Face. Right Click / Geometry Assignment / Create Surface from Selected  
    • Thanks for asking the the Dev Team Very happy to help Polygroups ( or as DAZ calls them Face Groups ) only show up in one place, under 'Tools Settings' Tab with 'Geometry Editor' Selected. ( please see attached ) The two main things about 'Face Groups' in DAZ 1. it is required when rigging, we assign bones to them, which in turns helps with weight mapping. 2. they can be used to create Surface Materials.  
    • Nice ! yes, I agree with all, I asked dev team about the ability to keep vertices order. Bridge to DAZ is needed. the list you made is amazing, thanks for the effort. One question How to import polygroups from zb,3dc into daz ? I cant separate by regions. Thanks for you great help !