3DCoat Forums
    • Once you attach a model to a curve, it is converted to surface 
    • is it possible to create a voxel shape from a curve and use that as a live boolean while the shape is still editable by the curve?
    • live booleans only works on voxels.
    • Thank you Yes, if that is possible in 3Dcoat i wolve to have it in real time, how to have it live on the surface?
    • Your COAT_ERASER and COAT_MOUSE is empty, you need to set environment variable for them too. Also you need make sure your system uses files in 3DCoat -> LinuxLibs folder. I had this problem in Debian 12, to solve it, i did next: Create .sh file. We will use for execution with all additional commands. Don't forget to make it executable. I wrote next code, your paths and environment names will be different it's an example: #!/bin/bash export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/home/denys/Applications/3DCoat-2024.06/LinuxLibs' #Path for additional 3DCoat Linux libs. export COAT_MOUSE='Logitech G502 X' export COAT_PEN='HUION 256C PEN STYLUS Pen (0)' export COAT_ERASER='Huion Mouse' /home/denys/Applications/3DCoat-2024.06/3dcoat-Ubuntu20.04 # Execution file Test your .sh execution file to make sure is everything work fine. Do it from terminal. sh ./YourFileName.sh Create a .desktop file to run 3DCoat by using .sh execution file from desktop. [Desktop Entry] Encoding=UTF-8 Name=3DCoat Comment=3DCoat Exec=sh /home/denys/Applications/3DCoat-2024.06/Zapustyty_3DCoat.sh %U #Execution path Icon=/home/denys/Applications/3DCoat-2024.06/data/Icon/3DCoat.png #Icon path Terminal=false Type=Application Categories=Graphics; StartupWMClass=3dcoat That is, now you can run 3DCoat just clicking on .desktop icon. At least it worked for me for 3dcoat-ubuntu20.04, for 22.04 it didn't. I hope it will be helpful for you. After that my terminal looks like this.    
    • great! Anyway I found some bugs selecting mask as clipping mask. Thanks for your hard testing, very helpful
    • Awesome, thanks heaps. I've just started a new project so testing time will be limited but I'll work towards another Robot project soon that I can productively test and create at the same time. My texturing for realism needs a lot of work. 
    • Hi Bruno, Without knowing 100% - Have a feeling that your mesh, based on your workflow ( would be great to see a wireframe ) might be a triangulated mesh. All that chain-mail, looks like its actual geometry....if it is, its going to give you some grief. The idea with clothing in DAZ is to keep it reasonably low-poly and quad based. This make it easier to manage when Are you trying to create dForce clothing as well? I have a feeling most of your issues will be coming from your mesh creation. ------------------------------------------- Fitting clothing using the Transfer Utility won't cover a lot of things when it comes to clothes fitting properly as well. Weight Mapping will be key. You will need adjustment morphs...ie JCM ( Joint Corrective Morphs ) - especially required when trying to pose a character ( armpits and inner thighs the worst areas )  And BSM ( Blend Shape Morphs ) for the actual clothing depending on what character you are planning on using. Is there a way in 3DCoat to check the conformity of the 3D object before exporting it to Daz3D? - I would say that a no for that. -------------------------------------------- Welcome to the world of trying to fit clothes in DAZ, it can be painful and time consuming. When it comes to some tips and tricks regarding DAZ Studio - I recommend this YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/@WPguru Regarding fitting clothing:  
    • yes, on that way works. and you can use that curve for later. I understood from your workflow that you wanted to modify the cut in realtime, altering the shape of the curve, as if it were a CAD program? Was it like that or did I misunderstand?
    • I found that all layer clip using Layer0 Layer0: avoid painting it for any purpose but transparency. If you erase the paint, things still bake just fine.  However, the transparent areas created will be baked as alpha/trans.  Also, if you hide Layer 0, it bakes fine and entirely with alpha/trans, whereas any other layer doesn't contain color data.
    • Ah nice ok, not only on my end. Yes I always send the reports when they pop in browser, I just rarely add my email as I guess it's not needed.  
    • Crash confirmed and reported, thanks for point it up Did you send the crash report?
    • The simplified export (auto UV + bake to fbx) always gives a crash, even with a sphere, when using the "To blender via applink" option. Even if you applink works fine when using file > send to blender. (using "regular Export" option works fine)   But yea the quality of the face normals after the decimation is not really usable:
    • The field to add the phototshop exe path does not work, impossible to ctrl+v, impossible to type, clicking it just adds a random path, having the correct path in the clipboard does not help: right click doesn't allow to paste the photoshop exe path either. I'm latest .20 Ok actually all fields have stopped working, 20 minutes ago I could edit the fbx auto export field, now it also does not respond, just "pastes" thsi applink folder when clicked, without this path being in my clipboard.. Ok restarting the app fixed it. still leaving this in case something can be done.
    • it seems like adding a curve to the curve tree and using that on a surface with cut-off is working Is that a common workflow in 3d coat?
    • Thank you sir. What exact tools i need to use on a surface to be able to achieve such workflow ?
    • I have the same issue. I have tried the suggested solution however when I input the correct name into the environment variable and launch 3dcoat, 3DCoat freezes. I have tried 3dcoat and textura and ubuntu22.04 and 20.04 executables all with the same results. Any ideas?