3DCoat Forums

Anyone upgraded to Windows 8?

AbnRanger

Not of good taste?

It has nothing to do with taste or which OS is better. I just remembered when I was an OSX user I very frequently had trouble telling one window from another when they were layered on top of each other. In Windows 8 I have the same problem. That's all I said.

• 10 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Just for kicks I ran the upgrade assistant to see what would be compatible and what wouldn't on my machine.  23 apps listed were not compatible.  Most were just games, so w/e, but some require paid updates or simply have updates required.  Some were UI enhancements that will not work on Win 8 and even my virus scanner wasn't...doh!  3ds Max 2011 64-bit would have to be reinstalled and my Creative Suite would need a paid update (yeah right).

Well a little further on and I've managed to get some win 8 drivers for my tablet which solved my problems there, so it's back to alt+lmb/rmb/mmb navigation on 3dc, while I use Classic shell to handle my start menus. All seems to work well, pretty indistinguishable from win 7 for the most part, so use that if you have it, and upgrade if you're on vista or earlier I say.