3DCoat Forums

Maybe Raul can return sooner than we thought?

• Reputable Contributor

Just saw this on the news. Maybe Raul can return from Cuba much sooner than we all anticipated? Either back to the Ukraine, or at least here in the US and work remotely. Can't do much of anything there in Cuba, do to all their internet restrictions and all. Maybe some good news, after all....?

http://video.foxnews...id=922779230001

• Contributor

Much more informative. "In theory, the changes should make it easier for Cubans not only to travel but to work abroad and return home when they want.

But Cubans will still need to obtain visas from most countries, which may not be easy because of fears that those who were granted tourist visas might not want to return to the island.

"For most, the key bottleneck will now be getting an entry visa from the target country," This should not be a problem for visiting Ukraine.

• Reputable Contributor
It has nothing to do with politics. Fox "news" spouts lies as facts, and that IS A FACT. If you don't like that I call a liar a liar, too damn bad.

Just be honest, Javis. You don't like FOX, cause it is a Conservative counter-balance to the Liberal leaning press outlets, you prefer. There is news and then there is commentary. I am quite able to make a distinction between the two. If we are talking politics, then feel free to make your :mad: angry, snarky little remarks....sounds like somebody really needs their blanky. :D

• Reputable Contributor
...Anyway it's not the point.
Exactly.
For now the real problem of Raul if cuba really do this is entering a country without borders control stopping him on the suspicion of illegal immigration :/
Sounds like the major obstacle after this, would be $$$ for a passport/visa. For the average Cuban resident, that may be problematic, but I don't think it would be for Saul. It sounds encouraging to me. I would think he could at least get a longer term work visa in Ukraine or US (work remotely).

my pov

the BIG trouble is Raul without any internet connection :angry:

for sure, to be in the same work environment interacting is far superior

With inet provider, Raul can code, can videochat... He can do it from any country close to Cuba.

To work remotely he dont need to travel to Ukraine

I duno if the restriction are world related, or if he can travel to Venezuela like example.

Traditional mail post -using paper lol- is allowed ? :huh:

• Reputable Contributor

my pov

the BIG trouble is Raul without any internet connection :angry:

for sure, to be in the same work environment interacting is far superior

With inet provider, Raul can code, can videochat... He can do it from any country close to Cuba.

To work remotely he dont need to travel to Ukraine

I duno if the restriction are world related, or if he can travel to Venezuela like example.

Traditional mail post -using paper lol- is allowed ? :huh:

I spoke with him just before he left, and he expressed some interest in working remotely from the US or Canada, if he couldn't get back to the Ukraine soon. So, that may be a possibility.

I kinda agree, but Reuters not really that clean too.

Yes I agree. I trust no one source of information, anything can be tainted. It is better to gather as much information from many sources and make up ones own mind, which is what I do.

Anyway it's not the point.

For now the real problem of Raul if cuba really do this is entering a country without borders control stopping him on the suspicion of illegal immigration :/

Also, yes I agree. Back on topic. :)

Here's hoping Raul can get to a point, even if from within Cuba, to do some work. Though doubtful it can be done from within Cuba, the internet there for the common citizen is terrible. If he could travel, even to Haiti, or the Dominican Republic, I'm sure the web would be a little better. That said, it would probably just be easier overall for him back in Ukraine, assuming he wants to go there.

PS - Don, I blocked your posts many months ago, if not over a year ago. I've only unblocked a few (such as your first post in this thread, to my regret) thinking you had something interesting to say. If you don't like what I say, do the same. :)

• Reputable Contributor

Yes I agree. I trust no one source of information, anything can be tainted. It is better to gather as much information from many sources and make up ones own mind, which is what I do.

Also, yes I agree. Back on topic. :)

Here's hoping Raul can get to a point, even if from within Cuba, to do some work. Though doubtful it can be done from within Cuba, the internet there for the common citizen is terrible. If he could travel, even to Haiti, or the Dominican Republic, I'm sure the web would be a little better. That said, it would probably just be easier overall for him back in Ukraine, assuming he wants to go there.

PS - Don, I blocked your posts many months ago, if not over a year ago. I've only unblocked a few (such as your first post in this thread, to my regret) thinking you had something interesting to say. If you don't like what I say, do the same. :)

I pointed out that there may be some good news regarding Raul's situation. That IS interesting. You're the one coming in wrecking the thread with your petty political jabs. There was no call for it. If you want to rant about Fox or folks who object to your liberal ideology, take it where somebody actually cares...maybe start your own thread. It's off topic here.

Cubans with passports will need to have them renewed and entry visas from the destiny country

the new migration law also gives Cubans latitude to stay abroad longer, letting them remain outside the country for two years, and possibly longer

Cubans will still need to obtain visas from most countries. Except Ecuador

Cubans need an invitation, submit a ticket round trip, and credit an account of at least a thousanddollars in a bank in Cuba.

• Reputable Contributor

Cubans with passports will need to have them renewed and entry visas from the destiny country

the new migration law also gives Cubans latitude to stay abroad longer, letting them remain outside the country for two years, and possibly longer

Cubans will still need to obtain visas from most countries. Except Ecuador

Cubans need an invitation, submit a ticket round trip, and credit an account of at least a thousanddollars in a bank in Cuba.

You mean they have basically have to "Make Bond" to deter them from not returning?

• Advanced Member

Hey everyone,

I spoke with Raul briefly via email, although he doesn't seem to have a reliable connection. He said hi to everyone and that misses all of you guys...We're going to see if we can figure out something with him possibly coming to Canada. But communication is somewhat difficult, so we will see what happens.

-G

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I spoke with Raul briefly via email, although he doesn't seem to have a reliable connection. He said hi to everyone and that misses all of you guys...We're going to see if we can figure out something with him possibly coming to Canada. But communication is somewhat difficult, so we will see what happens.

-G

Right on man! I am very glad to hear you might be able to help him. Toronto is an amazing place, to say the least. I think he'll enjoy it there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Raul may not need to leave home after all:

"A fibre-optic cable connecting Cuba to the internet seemed to have been activated at last. Construction was completed in 2011. Although the government has not publicly commented, some connections on the island are now operating much faster than the maximum speed provided by satellite hookups." -The Economist

Thank you sir! It was taken by my shorter female companion in a nice little tucked away town on the coast up here. Behind me is the Columbia River & the hills of WA state. Slightly to me left (which is cropped) is the mouth of the river to the Pacific. Amazing location really. There are so many sand barges, it's no wonder they called it Cape Disappointment.

This is great news for Raul and all Cubans. My friend's girlfriend is Cuban and rarely gets to see her family. Recently she was asking me to recommend some simple PC games that she could send since her family managed to get an older computer, but they had no internet so they had to be self contained games like Tetris.