3DCoat Forums

symmatry woes

OrinDoomHammer

• Reputable Contributor

When i retopo something then use symmatry nothing happens when i turn on symmatry from the tool bar it deletes the mesh untill i turn it back off if i use the symmatry command while symmatry is on it deletes the mesh alltogether. what am i doing wrong?

In the Toolbar, at the top of the UI, you should see a checkbox "Invert Mirror."

• Contributor

Yes, invert mirror.

When using Resym in vox room we get the last touched part as the original part to copy over the opposite side.

But in the retopo room there's only ONE SIDE and it NEVER Changes.

If you pick the wrong side, you see nothing but you still make a mess (that you can't see) because the program can't take this first side as the "original" to mirror over... (wth ?)

Even topogun with it's very poor handling of symmetry gives the option to makes changes on both sides.

Logic.

New problem. when i retopoed the model i sent it to blender to clean up the edges so it would have nice straight edges where it needs them and also to build the barrel of the everything worked right and got it to blender got everything fixed then i tried to send it back to 3d coat. aside from the axis being off a bit which was no problem as i just retransfured it from blender again after rotating again. the problem comes in the form of not being able to see it in anything but retopo mode. I can uv map it and what not in retopo mode using the Mark seam command but when i got the uv map.tweak. or paint modes the mesh is invisible or not there cause i cannot paint on it either.

yeah I retopoed it and set everything up. Now my sculpt seems to be gone for some reason all of it its not a big problem except i cant dig out the normal maps from it >< its not a big big deal as that was only a concept design of what i wanted and was simple enough to make. but live and learn lol. anyway I got it into the paint room by importing it directly for per pixel panting. but thank you Im not great with painting but i mostly wanted the normal map. anyway back to 3d coat to remodel the autoshotgun. http://www.indiedb.com/games/turok1/images/autoshotgun this is the object that i had there wasnt much to it so it will be an easy fix and good exuce to do some more modeling ^^

everything worked right and got it to blender got everything fixed

if the model have a UVset

save the model like .obj

go to paint room - new project

and import model for per pixel painting -this mode is good to make normal maps-

-> dont use Layer0 for painting, leave it as it. Layer0 is use by 3DC to perform some software tasks.

• Advanced Member

everything worked right and got it to blender got everything fixed

if the model have a UVset

save the model like .obj

go to paint room - new project

and import model for per pixel painting -this mode is good to make normal maps-

-> dont use Layer0 for painting, leave it as it. Layer0 is use by 3DC to perform some software tasks.

So in any .3b file Layer 0 should never be touched or deleted? Can it be locked? Does that cause problems when tweaking the layers in Photoshop and bringing them back in? Thx