3DCoat Forums

improving the voxel models insertion

• Advanced Member

Hi,

when working with voxel models objects, putting the selected object on the right place is sometimes hard define because :

- everything is white

- sub-models are not totally transparent so it hide the other shape.

should be nice if sub-models where in different color, (like red/blue) and opacity corrected.

• Contributor

This would benefit from some screen shots. If "everything is white", use the abundant colors available. Sub-models can either be ghosted or invisible. "should be nice if sub-models where in different color, (like red/blue) and opacity corrected."??? make them one of the many colors available.

We need pictures, I don't even know what room you are in. :huh:

• Contributor

He's speaking about first time: new users start with the DEFAULT shader which is pretty much white, over exposed by the DEFAULT light setup, thus making everything white and looking like a mess.

Perfect for someone trying the software, just show the degree of polish that went into the general user friendliness

• Reputable Contributor

I've mentioned I don't know how many times that the preview mesh is WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over-exposed and needs to change. Maybe ghost it or what-ever, but it's hideous and very harsh on the eyes. Can't make out any details at all. But what do I know? I've only been using the app for over 5yrs now.

• Contributor

I don't remember AbnRanger (it's been a while I've used 3dc) but isn't reducing the ambient or lightness reducing the effect ?

Anyway, this needs fixing (and probably won't be it's just one of those thread that says the same thing as the last 20 one...)

• Reputable Contributor

I don't remember AbnRanger (it's been a while I've used 3dc) but isn't reducing the ambient or lightness reducing the effect ?

Anyway, this needs fixing (and probably won't be it's just one of those thread that says the same thing as the last 20 one...)

You have to bring the spotlight intensity down to almost nil to keep it from blasting your retinas with gamma radiation. As soon as you hit APPLY, then you have an object sitting in the dark. Why has this not been fixed years ago?

• Advanced Member

welll you'r right an image may explain better what i'm talking about.

i select the green object on left and see the horrible block box in red.

( i work on 3DC since 2008 for now, i have no time to post more on forum)

post-2422-0-52265300-1372785101_thumb.jp

Edited by blackant Master

I just noticed this myself the other day. It looks like the box you see is the Negative object. If you move the camera inside the box you can see the real shape in there too. It looks like the negative shapes need to be made transparent or wireframe or something.

• Reputable Contributor

I just noticed this myself the other day. It looks like the box you see is the Negative object. If you move the camera inside the box you can see the real shape in there too. It looks like the negative shapes need to be made transparent or wireframe or something.

Exactly. Negative shapes should be ghosted and I think all merged objects should be ghosted, so that they don't blast our retinas with that overexposed setting.

• Reputable Contributor

Exactly. Negative shapes should be ghosted and I think all merged objects should be ghosted, so that they don't blast our retinas with that overexposed setting.

LOL, now I know why I am going blind, all those white spots I see in front of my eyes is from looking at too many white merging objects.... :wacko:

• Reputable Contributor

LOL, now I know why I am going blind, all those white spots I see in front of my eyes is from looking at too many white merging objects.... :wacko:

You too, eh? :D I used to have 20/20 vision for most of my adult life, but now I can't even read the cooking instructions on the backside of a pizza box. Thanks, Andrew. :p: