3DCoat Forums

V3 RELEASE DATE INFO

I had plans to release 3D-Coat V3 1 June, but I decided to postpone it to 9 June to bring more stable and bugfree version.

Please post all mustfix bigs in this thread:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2690

Anyone who wants to buy it this week will be able to do that (I know that several peoples wanted to buy it asap). I will give the link in this thread today or tomorrow.

• Advanced Member

Does this mean there's an extensive manual for 3dc v3? I think it shouldn't be officially launched till everything is ready. I know zbrush 4 will be out soon and 3dc will need to be ready on all fronts marketting and resources included. bugs is priority but so are all others. Don't do what newtek core did :yahoo: .

Does this mean there's an extensive manual for 3dc v3? I think it shouldn't be officially launched till everything is ready. I know zbrush 4 will be out soon and 3dc will need to be ready on all fronts marketting and resources included. bugs is priority but so are all others. Don't do what newtek core did :yahoo: .

We are preparing new manual and even video manual for voxel tools.

It is big work too.

• Advanced Member
We are preparing new manual and even video manual for voxel tools.

It is big work too.

Yes indeed its big work. So no need to hurry. Maybe offer V3 to existing users would be good. For new users an official release should be stable, with good manual tutorial and samples.

Please also make the pricing and features(available at this time) very clear. After the newtek core announcement people were confused and dazed with it.

• Advanced Member
3D-Coat V3 can now be pre-ordered using the link

http://www.3d-coat.com/buy_now_V3.html

The serial number that you will get there will work only with final (released) version of 3D-Coat.

It will not work with current beta version.

Thank you!

http://www.3d-coat.com/buy_now_V3.html

I think the words used in the page could be more formal. Maybe someone can improve it.

• Advanced Member

How do I get discount ?

3D-Coat V 3.0 will be priced 200$ throughout 30 days starting from the release date, whereas the price increase will follow subsequently. For customers who have purchased 3D-Coat 2.** before September 15, 2008 the Upgrade from V.2 to V.3.0 will cost 80$ and for 3D-Coat 2.** customers who bought after September 15 the Upgrade to V.3.0 will cost 60$.

• Advanced Member
How do I get discount ?

3D-Coat V 3.0 will be priced 200$ throughout 30 days starting from the release date, whereas the price increase will follow subsequently. For customers who have purchased 3D-Coat 2.** before September 15, 2008 the Upgrade from V.2 to V.3.0 will cost 80$ and for 3D-Coat 2.** customers who bought after September 15 the Upgrade to V.3.0 will cost 60$.

When I bought it automatically calculated 80US on my cart since I bought before sept 08. I think it calculates based on the serial number you provide upon purchase.

new buyers I believe will pay 200US and no discount maybe for some time.

Just upgraded. Thank you Andrew for a wonderful graphics app for such an extremely reasonable price. Also, I have to thank you for offering to sell it to me for soon to be worthless U.S. Dollars. I think I got the better deal.

Terry

• Advanced Member
Purchased! :D

I'll buy it soon also with the assumption that there be further Direct Paint updates in the future and knowing Andrew that's probably the case :)

not cool , how come i have to pay more if i bought into 3d -coat before the date you posted. i mean that's not right.

It's just business. I think it's fine. What's $20 anyway?

I'm EXTREMELY excited about this. I was just lamenting over the fact that I can never hope to afford a commercial license of zBrush, and now I have this to look forward to. I intend to purchase a copy on the 15th. Until then, how long can I use the Beta?

• Advanced Member
not cool , how come i have to pay more if i bought into 3d -coat before the date you posted. i mean that's not right.

i mean i understand that the price changed. But why punish me for buying into 3d-brush when we knew you had bright future .

you think you're slick don't you :rolleyes:

" Upgrade price is different because the price for 3D-Coat was 120$ before 15 September and 140$ afterwards."

• Advanced Member

Ive just purchased my upgrade.

With v3 finalised and up for sale it's time to look back for me. Ive always been a major fan of voxel sculpting (i fantasized about it well before you started on it)

You are the only programmer/(singleman)company that took on the challenge to create a digital sculpting application based on voxels. Zbrush originated digital sculpting, mudbox copied. You are the first man to revolutionize digital sculpting. You get my respect, and indeed, money for that.

Yes, i am still dissapointed you didnt finish voxel sculpting. At the moment its a few steps short of being a true alternative to zbrush and/or mudbox. While i think this is a waste, primarily for yourself and your company after all the effort you put into it, it doesnt change that whats running on my screen right now is the first affordable, userfriendly and indeed viable voxel based sculpting app out there. You have a gallery chockfull of great works to prove it. ^_^

So i want to thank you for your work. You have pulled of something awesome.

Sure i hope voxel sculpting will be finished to such a degree so i can toss zbrush aside, but even without that. Im certain, especially with the great pricing, 3dcoat voxel sculpting will get followers all on its own.

3dioot

It's fair. You payed for the program at that time. It's still worth the money you payed for it.

Anyway, why isn't it finished 3dioot? I haven't been keeping track of V3's progress the last little while, and finally got around to trying the beta today. After a few crashes I focused on the painting side of things and thought, "Yeah, I guess the additions to that area is good enough for the upgrade." so I went and placed my order. Then I played with the voxel sculpting some more, and was blown away by how easy it was to build something, retopo it, and wind up with a mesh and normal map in about two seconds.

Finished or not, whatever this is, it's pretty darn useful!

• Applink Developer

Agree with Reactor. This program is something totally new and sometimes comparing this to zbrush and mudbox is just wrong. I love this program even when I'm using this with WINE in ubuntu. Andrew really listen us and try to make his best. his weekly updates are much better than some others programs half year updates. When you pay 200 dollars to get this amazing program is a small price. And we don't know what cool updates Andrew has prepared for us in the future. So I would like to raise my glass and say "HIP HOUURREII! good job Andrew"

• Advanced Member
Then I played with the voxel sculpting some more, and was blown away by how easy it was to build something, retopo it, and wind up with a mesh and normal map in about two seconds.

Spend some time on a sculpting project that takes a bit longer and you will come to understand my point of view. At first glance its perfect. Just keep sculpting untill the first enthusiasm rush is over and you will find out that there are alot of "little things" that really disrupt workflow and productivity. Especially in regards to voxel sculpting. Im not going to name the missing features here because i'd like this to be a celebratory thread and I think Andrew has made an enormous achievement.

This program is something totally new and sometimes comparing this to zbrush and mudbox is just wrong.

This useless argument comes up again and again. I really cant be bothered with it anymore. /shrug

3dioot