3DCoat Forums

Free Web Training -3D Coat

Javis

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be presenting a FREE live training through KURV for 3D-Coat!

It takes place next Saturday, 20JUN09 from 1000-1100 PST. We'll be doing a Tips and Tricks, 1 hour session.

If you're interested, please sign up at:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/883865907

I hope to see a good turn out.

Thanks!

PS- Please do NOT discuss the EULA for 3DC, religion, politics, or any other such OFF TOPIC subjects in this thread. I've seen too many spiral out of control due to a handful of people, and would like to keep this thread ON TOPIC. This doesn't apply too much to these forums here (3D-Coat forums) as it is much more civil and respectful here, but I am putting it on this thread as well... Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be presenting a FREE live training through KURV for 3D-Coat!

It takes place next Saturday, 20JUN09 from 1000-1100 PST. We'll be doing a Tips and Tricks, 1 hour session.

If you're interested, please sign up at:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/883865907

I hope to see a good turn out.

Thanks!

Will it be recorded? I am moving that day, so I think I'll be pretty busy (and my computer will be in a box!)

Hey all!

げんき ですか geo_n? なんーじ 0300 your time.

Luckily though, it will be recorded! It will be posted within a few days to a week afterward.

I am at -8GMT, I believe Tokyo is in +9GMT.

hello!!

I am new here and interesting too, but I don't know if I going to be working that day

Will it be recorded? can be a good option for the people that can't be online that day.

anyway I'm sign up already,

any level requirement? from newbie to medium? :brush:

Hey there monster!

I'd say probably new to intermediate users, is a pretty safe assessment. Though I'm playing it safe, because even the most seasoned veteran doesn't know everything! ;)

My first post here :D

We are so excited to be working with Javis and the gang at 3D Coat! You can expect lots of training and support for the product to come very soon from us at KURV studios.

3D Coat is such an awesome application, if you have not used it, you need to try it. We hope the free training will help you see just how powerful 3D Coat is.

Thanks Javis!!

• Contributor
thanks!

how I know at what time is in my time zone? there is a web page or something that I can check?

I not good on time zone, I'm in new york.

Sorry, I am not american.

The time difference is 3 hours which works out to 7:00 AM in NY.

• Advanced Member
Hey all!

げんき ですか geo_n? なんーじ 0300 your time.

Luckily though, it will be recorded! It will be posted within a few days to a week afterward.

I am at -8GMT, I believe Tokyo is in +9GMT.

genki janai yo geothefaust san. :mellow: swine flu epidemic in tokyo!!! :P.

Will await your web training. :clapping:

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah...if I could add a suggestion, I think what most everyone would like to see is the standard workflow of taking a model from, say LW, and through the different sculpting methods (Image-Based, Mesh-Based, and Voxels)...discussing the pros and cons of each along the way...and then back into LW (showing some of the LW-centric import/export tools Andrew has created along the way.

That would help a lot of people evaluate 3DC, and get an idea how they can do the same functions they were doing in other applications (ZBrush, Mudbox).

Plus, that would be a good launching point for your upcoming DVD...seeing things in more detail.

Thanks for your efforts, Javis...very much needed and appreciated.

genki janai yo geothefaust san. :mellow: swine flu epidemic in tokyo!!! :P.

Will await your web training. :clapping:

すごい ですか? わたし わ 日本語 がくせえ です! I apologize for my improper Japanese grammar. I don't have much time to study lately. すみません。 :(

Swine flu is everywhere! At least in Japan people wear protective masks. :)

Training I hope will be up to everyones standards. The free session will be geared mostly toward new users of 3DC, coming from another package like ZB or MB, or new to 3D entirely. In a few more weeks there will be a paid one (which I will post about later...) which will be a short project based session.

Yeah...if I could add a suggestion, I think what most everyone would like to see is the standard workflow of taking a model from, say LW, and through the different sculpting methods (Image-Based, Mesh-Based, and Voxels)...discussing the pros and cons of each along the way...and then back into LW (showing some of the LW-centric import/export tools Andrew has created along the way.

That would help a lot of people evaluate 3DC, and get an idea how they can do the same functions they were doing in other applications (ZBrush, Mudbox).

Plus, that would be a good launching point for your upcoming DVD...seeing things in more detail.

Thanks for your efforts, Javis...very much needed and appreciated.

Hey Don, :)

I was thinking about covering that in the free session and some other stuff, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to cover all that in an hour and questions. So I'll probably do that in the next session (which will be a paid through KURV again, more on that later).

I certainly be interested in the training but won't be able to attend. I hope that the recorded version links will be easily accessible as I'd really like to watch and learn when I can!! :good:

No problem! I think we'll have it up on a number of sites, inlcuding here on the 3DC site for free. I'll also post it up on VFXCast.

• Advanced Member

Good news! I use to work every saturday (and sunday :( ) but it seems that I could be there in time.

I'm not good with this kind of things but it seems that 12.00 AM CDT (Dallas, Chicago and Mexico?) could be 19.00 in Belgium (same time as Paris, France). Can someone smarter than me confirm this ? Thanks a lot!

• Contributor
Good news! I use to work every saturday (and sunday :( ) but it seems that I could be there in time.

I'm not good with this kind of things but it seems that 12.00 AM CDT (Dallas, Chicago and Mexico?) could be 19.00 in Belgium (same time as Paris, France). Can someone smarter than me confirm this ? Thanks a lot!

By George, I think you've got it! :yahoo:

thanks!

how I know at what time is in my time zone? there is a web page or something that I can check?

I not good on time zone, I'm in new york.

Sorry, I am not american.

I'm in the same Time zone, just about an hour and a half drive from New York. So in case you need to know, the time zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST) or -05:00 GMT.

Wow 7am? I don't know if I can get up that early. I may have to wait for the recording too. Wait a minute, if it's 10am Pacific that's not 7am in NY it's 1pm, 3 hours difference, but wrong direction.

• Reputable Contributor
Cant wait to see all of you in the class :) We have more people in this class than we have ever had before. No pressure Javis :P
Thanks Wes for getting behind this and helping to push things forward. Bunch of us here are ready to pounce on the DVD when it's ready for release, and we'll do our part to help get the word out.

I also think this would be good material for Andrew to use to demonstrate 3DC at Siggraph this year :good:

Hey Don,

Definitely agree. I'm glad Wes and KURV are doing this! It's been a pretty cool and productive experience. I'm really looking forward to the presentation tomorrow. We just did a test run, and I must say, the software is exceptional, and it went really well. I am even more excited for the presentations after the practice, then I was before. :)

Anyway, there are a few more seats! Get signed up! :good: