3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• Advanced Member

@ Ditus Hmmm maybe I could rework it for a bit of a laugh.

no need for, most of your models makes me smiling. example this one, i try to imagin how it looks, when it tries to close his mouth. very cool. :D

my two cents, try to stay on a way that your models could work for animation. and that its believe able that creature exist. all animals need to close there mouth completly, instead they couldnt do a air pressure equalisation, or is it about parasits (i dont know). its different to us humans, we can this by closing the nose with fingers and doing the pressure equalisation through our mouths. or im completly wrong, anyway. i think it looks nice, although you will run into troubles by animating it with a closed mouth.

• Contributor

@ Artman, Thanks

@ Ditus, Yes I get what you mean, Imagine that this creature lives in a cloy atmosphere that is comparable to liquid. Then imagine those creatures deep below us in the Ocean Many of those creatures are so evolved that they cannot even shut there mouths.

By way of example check the helicoprion shark, True it is extinct but its jaws and teeth Unfurled outward in a big Spiral. Madness now days but just imagine if these creatures survived today. Very inspiring looking at these monsters. To me anyhow. See pic for Helicorpion Whorl, Fascinating.

As to animation wait and see It will surprise you I think.

post-1266-12707176880264_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

@ Artman Yes I imagine a herbivore here the rasping lower lip though menacing is simply to drag foliage to throat Eye placement is key to making the creature appear more docile I tried it with comparable horse anatomy, but the result was very different, So i dropped the eyes to the middle of the head and pulled them more the the parallel Unlike a predators forward facing eyes. Strange how you picked up on it must be an inbuilt instinct?

• Contributor

@ Artman Yes I imagine a herbivore here the rasping lower lip though menacing is simply to drag foliage to throat Eye placement is key to making the creature appear more docile I tried it with comparable horse anatomy, but the result was very different, So i dropped the eyes to the middle of the head and pulled them more the the parallel Unlike a predators forward facing eyes. Strange how you picked up on it must be an inbuilt instinct?

The toothed spiral in a marine habitat, would be useful for scavenging large, fatty animals really fast. :)

• Contributor

Very nice how it looks with full body! :good:

Also I like very much the color palette you gave to the Petal Pig.

Cant wait to see how this one is gonna look like. :)

Thanks, Ha ha you know what that last topic page seemed to go on forever. At last page 15.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Please excuse shameless self promotion but here is a little Program that all you artists may find Extremely useful. Its Called Reference Image, and it is currently in its alpha stage but will soon be available directly from my website.

Basically Its for all those who hate having to Juggle things around when using Image reference when Sculpting/Painting etc. Its always made No sense to me that we have to resize our work area, decreasing our potential by making our workspace smaller so we can display Reference as we work, So here is my solution. An application to keep your images overlayed and highly manipulatable, directly over your work surface. I guess you may argue that 'Well I have two displays', but think about it When working with two displays, I find myself still getting a disconnect between viewing reference and putting it down to my sculpt, Reference image allows you to Overlay your reference direcly in the application your working in which makes for an extremely intuitive feel as you work. Go check it out see if it makes sense to you. Thanks.

Reference Image Alpha Video Demo

Please contact me for details if interested.

-LJB

• Advanced Member

That looks pretty neat! Quick and easy to use.

Have you thought about adding variable transparency and an option to enable\disable window "click-through"?

That way you could place a transparent image over top of a sculpt for reference while working.

• Contributor

That looks pretty neat! Quick and easy to use.

Have you thought about adding variable transparency and an option to enable\disable window "click-through"?

That way you could place a transparent image over top of a sculpt for reference while working.

Its all in already. Just Graphicaly i need correct a few little things before i demo the rest of the features. Hotkeyed Muteing of the window that turns it to 20% transparency so you can click through it and Transparency slider in the options panel. So Yes you could effective trace through the reference pane. infact the window only becomes solid when manipulations are taking place, this was done so if you catch the window while your working it does not block your strokes.

Other Finite Functionality include Screen grab to Reference pane, Drag and drop to Reference thumbs(Not sure if thats worth it though) and Colour picker from Reference image/entire screen to clipboard (Possibly directly pen in applications that allow typing a value)

• Reputable Contributor

Its all in already. Just Graphicaly i need correct a few little things before i demo the rest of the features. Hotkeyed Muteing of the window that turns it to 20% transparency so you can click through it and Transparency slider in the options panel. So Yes you could effective trace through the reference pane. infact the window only becomes solid when manipulations are taking place, this was done so if you catch the window while your working it does not block your strokes.

Other Finite Functionality include Screen grab to Reference pane, Drag and drop to Reference thumbs(Not sure if thats worth it though) and Colour picker from Reference image/entire screen to clipboard (Possibly directly pen in applications that allow typing a value)

Looks very handy...I'll definitely take it for a spin once you post/release it.

• Contributor

Tracing under overlay works Nicely. All graphic corruption I had now fixed. Demo release wont be too long. Mid week next hopefully, Depends on how busy I am.

-LJB

Marvelous tool! I have experienced many occasions where this would have been useful.

• Contributor

How soon will it be available? :mellow:

Beta tests in progress. Then Final bug wrapup I hope to have both the Demo and Licensed version out midweek next week.I say mid week cos im away Mon & most of Tues.

• Contributor

Beta tests in progress. Then Final bug wrapup I hope to have both the Demo and Licensed version out midweek next week.I say mid week cos im away Mon & most of Tues.

This will be very useful when modeling from images that aren't front or side views. :yahoo:

• Advanced Member

IMO LiveTracing is very useful when called for. I use "afloat" when I'm on OSX for just this purpose. Allows for ANY window(thus images too) in the OS to be enabled as a floating window with all mouse clicks going through the image/window, with variable transparency. Thanks for sharing the vid demo LJB.

http://infinite-labs.net/afloat/

• Contributor

IMO LiveTracing is very useful when called for. I use "afloat" when I'm on OSX for just this purpose. Allows for ANY window(thus images too) in the OS to be enabled as a floating window with all mouse clicks going through the image/window, with variable transparency. Thanks for sharing the vid demo LJB.

Exactly why I wanted something like this for Windows. Glad you like. :)

• Advanced Member

Cool, thx for the link! This will come in handy.

• 2 weeks later...