3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• Advanced Member

What a smart "simple" app you have there Leigh. :)

Before i had a second monitor i would use an old (and therefore still streamlined) version of acdsee in pretty much the same way. Of course your app adds a few very nice things (i love the looks of the screengrab feature).

Must say the forums seem alot quieter compared to the voxel dev frenzy days of the past?

Did i miss anything? ;)

3dioot

PS

Did you program this yourself? :)

• Contributor

What a smart "simple" app you have there Leigh. :)

Before i had a second monitor i would use an old (and therefore still streamlined) version of acdsee in pretty much the same way. Of course your app adds a few very nice things (i love the looks of the screengrab feature).

Must say the forums seem alot quieter compared to the voxel dev frenzy days of the past?

Did i miss anything? ;)

3dioot

PS

Did you program this yourself? :)

Hey Nice to hear from you. Yes depressingly quiet nowadays. And I don't think you missed much lately.

Thank you very much your comments mean a lot.

The essence of the tool has to remain simple otherwise it loses its edge, no point in making things quite so complex and breaking the functionality. Yes I did it all myself, it was a little idea I had a while back for simply flashing images onto the screen so I could better show reference while sharing a single screen.What I found was that it is so much less disconnected than working even on two screens to have the reference right there in the window. But it posed the problem of how exactly to manipulate it in a way that made sense. Hence what I came up with. Any ways I continue to improve things. I'm glad you like the idea. it really feels very nice to work with.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Reference Image has gone gold, You can purchase the full version from HERE for £8.99 GBP

Awesome! It's a great little program (not little to code though) and handy to have. It's like the reference image palette in ArtRage but useful for any art software.

• Advanced Member

mmmmmmmmm. i have a problem "registration invalid"

---------------------------

Reference Image V1.exe

---------------------------

Registration invalid

Please Email the following information.

To: ..............................

Name : <enter your full name here>

Email : <enter your Email address>

Machine ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have purchased the program with paypal of my brother

what is the problem? thanks in advance for your reply

• Advanced Member

Is the program locked to a machine? Thanks.

my brother have purchased the program, with his email, but is installed only on my computer!!!

But not run :(:(:(:(:(

the program is for me , no for my brother!! :(:(:(

• Contributor

solved solved, sorry LJB :drinks: is great

;)

Sorry I missed you here. Giuseppe, the program is indeed locked to a system but NP as it can be tied to any email address, same as many smaller registered programs. I have to have some from of copy protection. Im glad you like it! :D

• 3 months later...
  • Contributor

Face is perfect, lot of character and really clean approach. I like it, the only things bothering me now is the thumb (too short, lacks an articulation it's not big deal but it doesn't read as "useable" to me) and ears, which are a bit too simple, could use a bit of that stylization you have on the face.

cool cool, All true, Hands not done I got carried away palying with render engine and materials. Hate doing hands in Voxels as they always seem blobby and disproportioned, I always endup redoing in polymodeller anyhow.

Here's whewre im at with the poly version, Flow needs work still but im happy so far.

post-1266-12838855979384_thumb.png

• Contributor

I've switched to 3ds max after years using maya (modeling toolset is obsolete on maya). It's not that bad with heavy custom scripts and macros. I'm liking it (I never thought I would say that one year ago). But I'm still waiting for a silo replacement, nothing beat a quick modeling dedicated tool (hence voidworld in my sight)... :p:

Void World has Lots of potential, the streamline is a nice addition, Was the main reason I love silo so much (instant manipulation of components is essential in organic modelling). I'm gonna transfer some Bindings over and have a good play with it later today. Thanks for the links, Great find!! :good:

I only just started playing with Max purely to give myself some hours on to make me more viable for Game studios. Moving from Softimage its still a little greek, Nice bone implimnetation though.

• Contributor

Great caricature LJB! Just enough detail to make it look realistic but keep the cartoony feel.

I look forward to the paint up.

VoidWorld looks interesting. Anyone know any background on it?

Voidworld is interesting but Perfomance is terrible on anything complex. OBJ have to be Loaded into internal Hirachy and It feels uncomfortable, and over complex. Good stuff to keep an eye on though.

Little update to 'Fat Manny'

post-1266-12840486639575_thumb.jpg

post-1266-12840485651255_thumb.png

The Eyes are just there as a quick visual, Nothing concrete.

Voidworld is interesting but Perfomance is terrible on anything complex. OBJ have to be Loaded into internal Hirachy and It feels uncomfortable, and over complex. Good stuff to keep an eye on though.

Little update to 'Fat Manny'

post-1266-12840486639575_thumb.jpg

post-1266-12840485651255_thumb.png

The Eyes are just there as a quick visual, Nothing concrete.

Nice work Leigh. Where did you textured him?

• Contributor

Looks like polypaint to me and maybe a bit of photo projection.

Nice texturing though, I have a hard time to get a smooth texture feeling with polypaint. As for voidworld, make sure to download the links on polycount, the version on digitalfossil is the older "not so cool" version :) I agree about the project hierarchy save thing, but it should be simplified soon they said.

Polypaint it is but I dont use Photo projection (Though Im flattered you think so), Just poly paint to build up Sub colour layers, Hot cold areas. I have no qualms about posting stuff here I do in other applications, In fact it should beg the question why, and the answer is painting with Very Light Opacity and blending the layers of colour is just to difficult to balance in 3d-Coat. Maybe more could be done by way of feel and control.