3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• Contributor

hi, leigh !...just finished reading all 11 pages of this thread,,totally inspiring and informative, as I'm sure that all the vids and webinars will be that I now will go back and retrieve from this thread...it goes without saying that your artwork is just fantastic, and so is your creativite flow....really makes me look forward to learning the sculpting workflow process....hats off to ya, maestro :clapping:

• Contributor

:blush: Thank you for the Kind words.

I have an update on 'The Stinky One' run him through the retop Room in preperation for the Workshop tomorrow.

Heres the shots -

Retopo_Wire.jpg

Retopo_Body_Only.jpg

Retopo_Body_Only_02.jpg

Rather than set too and Bore Everyone as you watch me lay every single Line of the flow I have selected the most important areas and include my workflow for Hiding various bits of the model to enable Faster retop. We will build the Gasmask as a seperate oject in its entirity. Then another day we will paint him up and give him some funky props. We will also look at the Avatar Sculpt i did in the frist webinar and Laydown some important edgeflow to aid animation and Further detailing. I had hoped to show Andrews new ABF++ Unwrapping but the day is late and I fear I will not have enough time to Test the beta build b4 the Webinar commences. We will see.

- Leigh

:blush: Thank you for the Kind words.

I have an update on 'The Stinky One' run him through the retop Room in preperation for the Workshop tomorrow.

Heres the shots -

Retopo_Wire.jpg

Retopo_Body_Only.jpg

Retopo_Body_Only_02.jpg

Rather than set too and Bore Everyone as you watch me lay every single Line of the flow I have selected the most important areas and include my workflow for Hiding various bits of the model to enable Faster retop. We will build the Gasmask as a seperate oject in its entirity. Then another day we will paint him up and give him some funky props. We will also look at the Avatar Sculpt i did in the frist webinar and Laydown some important edgeflow to aid animation and Further detailing. I had hoped to show Andrews new ABF++ Unwrapping but the day is late and I fear I will not have enough time to Test the beta build b4 the Webinar commences. We will see.

- Leigh

Nice Monster, Leigh.

Try to keep quads in the face, if you retopo the character. Your example works not well, later. It could produce shading artefacts.

Be creative

Chris

• Contributor

Thank you Chris, the cap on front of head will actually be removed when we add the Gas mask so they are pretty irelevant See the original Voxel sculpt for what the finished object will look like. I just capped for the sake of closing the object.

• Contributor

Oh Boy I'd just like to appologise for the webinar from hell :blush: . It seems I was not destined to get this retopo workshop out today. After the first Crash which caused loss of souund, and failure of webinar software to load again, I was forced to do full reset and after which found 3d coat became extremely unstable. I do not beleieve this to be a problem with the 3D Coat software, Retopo had already been 100% successful but an hour or two before So I suspect it to be more likely a webinar Software glitch, it is important to realise this. I will continue to diagnose the problem and report back here when I know the reasons. We do intend to reschedual but please understand I have little time and the rescedual is likely to be Mid to late October. Once again I am very sorry I had to cut this class short but the instabillity in the retopo room what ever the cause, was unexceptable, and therefore pointless continuing. Every Single tool was failing to function correctly, and this was just burning your money. I am sorry

• 3 months later...
  • Contributor

I like very much where you are going with this sculpt! :)

(I have little problem reading the mouth..but anyway, it is not finished.)

Ps:I remember longtimeago you had problem using Stamp mode to drag alphas on sculpt,

I noticed that new Surface brushes Sf.Extrude and Absolute works very fast dragging

even large alphas across big chunks of mesh even at multimillion levels.

Maybe it can help you.

• Contributor

I like very much where you are going with this sculpt! :good:

I have little problem reading the mouth..but its unfinished anyway :)

Ps:I remember longtimeago you had problem using Stamp mode to drag alphas on sculpt,

I noticed that new Surface brushes Sf.Extrude and Absolute works very fast dragging even large alphas across big chunks of mesh even at multimillion levels.Maybe it can help you.

Yep, its rough at moment only at x4 resolution I will be taking it one further increase then switching to surface mode. The Alpha I have for scales is really messy and this effort (Small scales was done to test best brush, currently though Andrew is aware and is working on stamp as well as a whole load of other stuff), I'm going to make a fresh one this evening. I was waiting this morning on new version that has Surface tools corrected (Bug introduced in last update, Now fixed) otherwise id have used the surface mode, but I tried with voxel just to see how far I could push a x4 res.

I think for now I'll hold off posting any more I want to try and get this fin by sat evening. Then you will all see him soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

holy moly :D great work! i love the horned one, superb pose and in overall a wonderfull style!

I just checked out your most excellent 'quick ear' tutorial. At first when I saw the Pose widget, I was mystified but was subsequently turned on to a technique I had not thought of. Thanks! :clapping:

• Contributor

Thank you for the kind comments. Means a lot.

I am fully focusing on a few training workshops over the upcoming months the first of which is up in the announcements section.

We will then be looking at a some more advanced techniques in a further workshop wed 17th including making Pens on the fly in 3d-coat and blending volumes and baking PTex to texture maps.

On the 24th We have a Hard surface and subtraction workshop based around the Mech in James Cameron's Avatar (Really looking forward to this one).

I have more in the pipe but its too far off yet to comment on.

I shall be posting Links when they become available in the announcements section.

So if you like my work then please consider joining us for one of these workshops, there is a charge of $19.95 but it takes me time to prepare these and alot of work goes into them So I hope you see them as value for money. Or purchase the DVD's when they are released.

And don't forget when you sign up for the classes you'll be registered and stand a chance of walking away with a Brand new Wacom Intous 4 (Small) tablet.

• Contributor

Few Details from the current Banshee project. Please note this level of detail was not covered in the Basic workflow workshop. We have decided to take things further and we are going to produce a short animation all of which we will convert into Lightwave integration piece. Keep your eyes peeled for information. I hope you like where we headed with this piece. Very exciting project.

Voxel_Banshee_Jaw_Forward.png

Gills.png

Gullet.png

Banshee_Detail.png