3DCoat Forums

Unsure of purchasing...

Guest Cinnamon

Guest Cinnamon

I was seriously considering buying 3D Coat, and I wrote this thread up not to say anything negative about it. I wrote this thread to mention a few things, the reason why I probably won't purchase 3D Coat at the current version is one of three reasons:

1) It appears as though there are a few things that need to be worked out, and unless the author of the program works almost around the clock with the amount of request and changes I've read on the forums it must be very overwhelming for him.

2) I've been told and from my own observation it's only strength in version 3.0 is the retopology tools, other areas are weak.

3) I've read somewhere that Photoshop CS5 may feature half of the tools found in 3D Coat, which could be the reason why version 3.0 is pushing voxel painting in the meantime the other parts of the program that were in since version 2.0 could have been improved upon. If they had of introduced voxel painting in a .5 release and shown some improvements in the version 3.0 release it probably would have done wonders for 3D Coat.

If very soon a .5 release with some of the things mentioned by others would be introduced and some things improved upon then I could purchase.

• Advanced Member

Personally I think you're trolling as you've done so in other posts. Excuse the negativity in this reply but I think you deserve some.

How does this thread differ to others from you?

You started this saying "not to write anything negative.." then go on to comment that in v3.0 other than retop, other areas are weak. That is an offensive and negative attitude and statement to make.

V3 introduced Voxel in a release candidate non-beta form, we see direct painting (DP) which is HIGHLY useful for low-poly painting. Show me where and how, for the same cost, you get anything as good as DP mode.

If you can't sit down and just even have plain-old-fashioned fun with 3d Coat in its current form then it will never be the right program for you.

I am unsure what you wanted to be the result of your post?

• Advanced Member

About photoshop Cs5, could you provide the link of your source ?

I've searched the web, and found almost nothing except the possible integration of patchmatch, a super-cloning tool

• Reputable Contributor
I was seriously considering buying 3D Coat, and I wrote this thread up not to say anything negative about it. I wrote this thread to mention a few things, the reason why I probably won't purchase 3D Coat at the current version is one of three reasons:

1) It appears as though there are a few things that need to be worked out, and unless the author of the program works almost around the clock with the amount of request and changes I've read on the forums it must be very overwhelming for him.

2) I've been told and from my own observation it's only strength in version 3.0 is the retopology tools, other areas are weak.

3) I've read somewhere that Photoshop CS5 may feature half of the tools found in 3D Coat, which could be the reason why version 3.0 is pushing voxel painting in the meantime the other parts of the program that were in since version 2.0 could have been improved upon. If they had of introduced voxel painting in a .5 release and shown some improvements in the version 3.0 release it probably would have done wonders for 3D Coat.

If very soon a .5 release with some of the things mentioned by others would be introduced and some things improved upon then I could purchase.

Dude, what is your malfunction? You have this attitude that people here are waiting on pins and needles for you to purchase 3DC. If you can find something that offers all it does for roughly the same price or less, then why waste your time here? Why would you not go over to Adobe's website and check the price for Photoshop, before you attempt to sell us this nonsense?

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/inde...d&loc=en_us

Photoshop Extended is $1000 and the UPGRADE alone is $100 more than a full seat of 3DC.

Hey Cinnamon,

Frankly it appears that you didn't really check out the program when you were in your trial period. If you would have dug deep enough, you would have noticed that it is in fact, very powerful and can do a lot of things if you actually try to do them.

Instead of posting a thread like this, how about asking questions if you have something come up? What are your specific problems, what can't you do? What can't you figure out? As I see it right now, your post is trolling. Unless you provide me a reason soon, I'll lock this thread. At the moment, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please, could someone of the moderators rename this thread, more suitable to the content?

This thread gets more attention, than it is worth.

Thank you.

Be creative

Chris

Please, could someone of the moderators rename this thread, more suitable to the content?

This thread gets more attention, than it is worth.

Thank you.

Be creative

Chris

Agreed... And done. ;)

This also doesn't belong in this forum. I have moved it to a new location.

Sorry, I had to comment.

...and unless the author of the program works almost around the clock with the amount of request and changes I've read on the forums it must be very overwhelming for him.

Normally I'd agree with you, but just between you and me... you need not worry because I've heard the author of the program is a robot.

Pro tip: when you observe something, open your eyes. It helps.

I've read somewhere that Photoshop CS5 may feature half of the tools found in 3D Coat...

Think of it this way- 3D Coat has twice the tools of CS5 right now, and CS5 isn't even out yet! How awesome is that?

• Advanced Member
About photoshop Cs5, could you provide the link of your source ?

I've searched the web, and found almost nothing except the possible integration of patchmatch, a super-cloning tool

Hi rimasson, thanks for letting us know patchmatch, very interesting. I just created a post about patchmatch on CGDigg.

• Advanced Member

What is the purpose of this thread really? People have too much time on their hands for whining.

If you're a character artist you would make 200US for a single project. Even a simple car modelling job would be payed upwards 600US let alone a sculpted high detail character. I'm not even into doing characters and I bought 3dc for painting, retopo and now learning sculpting and finding it easier than other software to use.

You're absolutely right geo_n. There is no purpose of this thread any longer. I gave cinnamon the benefit of the doubt, and ample time to come correct the thread.

Consider this thread gone.

As a reminder, please if you're posting a topic. Name it correctly. Misleading is not OK. Also posting incorrect information to incite anger is TROLLING. Please refrain from this behavior.