3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.2 updates thread.

What are these new red lines that follow me as a sculpt voxels?

I am using OSX, just downloaded the new beta.

Thanks

I'm joining to above question.

Those red lines appear only during 'increase' option enabled.

aaaox.jpg

My second (strange) thing that I'd like share with others and it is related to 3D Connection is the problem with buttons.

In my Space Navigator they act as ctrl and shift. In other programs or even in explorer they work as they should.

3DC doesn't seems to 'read' them. When I push 'shift' button it doesn't change to smooth mode. It's the same with 'ctrl'... it's not reversing brush function.

I have mentioned about it to Mr. Andrew but I wonder is there anyone who has the same behavior of SN?

I'm joining to above question.

Those red lines appear only during 'increase' option enabled.

aaaox.jpg

My second (strange) thing that I'd like share with others and it is related to 3D Connection is the problem with buttons.

In my Space Navigator they act as ctrl and shift. In other programs or even in explorer they work as they should.

3DC doesn't seems to 'read' them. When I push 'shift' button it doesn't change to smooth mode. It's the same with 'ctrl'... it's not reversing brush function.

I have mentioned about it to Mr. Andrew but I wonder is there anyone who has the same behavior of SN?

Uh oh. While making non-diving lines into voxel surface I forgot to remove debug info. I will re-upload soon.

What about CTRL and SHIFT you should open Space navigator control panel and look how buttons are assigned. It is better to assign them to "Button 1" and "Button 2".

Or you have intentionally set them as SHIFT and CTRL?

So I'm curious what this Upload Screenshot really does. Obviously it takes a screenshot and allows you to enter some text (though I don't understand the text fields exactly), but where does the screenshot go? Is it only viewable to Pilgway? I had a small bug and made a screenshot of it but I don't know what happened to it after I hit OK.

Usually Coat opens browser window, it uploads screenshot to server and you are getting direct link to be placed on forum or somewhere.

Edit: I found the reason why it can don't work sometimes. I will reupload soon.

I currently see no drifting on my machine.

polyxo, I suppose you're speaking of a PC ? on the 3 Macs I have been testing with 3.2.06 since yesterday, I get the same drifting behavior. It wont't necessarily appear right after launch, but it becomes very obvious if you increase resolution in the voxels room, for example. As a comparison, if I boot the same machines under Windows the drifting disappears.

Uh oh. While making non-diving lines into voxel surface I forgot to remove debug info. I will re-upload soon.

What about CTRL and SHIFT you should open Space navigator control panel and look how buttons are assigned. It is better to assign them to "Button 1" and "Button 2".

Or you have intentionally set them as SHIFT and CTRL?

They are set as shift and ctrl.

Mainly for 3DS MAX where they are used in the same way.

In MAX all works just fine. Same settings in SN control panel doesn't seem to be recognized in 3DC.

polyxo, I suppose you're speaking of a PC ? on the 3 Macs I have been testing with 3.2.06 since yesterday, I get the same drifting behavior. It wont't necessarily appear right after launch, but it becomes very obvious if you increase resolution in the voxels room, for example. As a comparison, if I boot the same machines under Windows the drifting disappears.

Can you record short video to show wrong behavior?

• Advanced Member

Indeed.

Win7 64 - Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

• Advanced Member

@Yann

THANK YOU YANN!!!! for sharing the video that VERY clearly illustrates the issue... cant wait for a fix, and the use of my space navigator in 3DC!!!!

That is EXACTLY the same behavior I experience as well in OSX 3DC.

Both Ptex and Microvertex.

the Subdivision Progress hangs when I set "million of polys" level at 15.

In 3.2.02 it works fine. :huh:

In every version from 3.2.03 and above I have the same problem. It hangs in progress of 80%-90%.

One core is non stop busy and leaving it for a wile or even longer doesn't make any change.

What is strange it is not a big (or even middle poly) model. Just sphere with 15k tri quadrangulated to a few square polys.

So, what processor makes so busy ? In version 3.2.05 appears a "Crash!!!" window. Message sent to Mr. Andrew.

• Advanced Member

One core is non stop busy and leaving it for a wile or even longer doesn't make any change.

sounds like my every-day 3DC experience when in the vox room... :-( hope multi-threading support comes one day...

also still hoping for 64-bit OSX 3DC one day.... anyone with any insight into this one... I'm having to boot into windows just to do many processes in the 64bit 3DC on windows... my 30day windows trial is about to run out in win64-3DC :-(

Updated to 3.2.07 [beta] (Win+Mac, Linux - tomorrow)

Changes:

- Solved most longstanding problem - jagged strokes in paint modes (see http://bit.ly/aiw8u8 for reference).

- Fixed incorrect work of ApplyUV command over some models especially in microvertex mode problem referred there - http://bit.ly/cylc4A ).

- Upload screenshot bugs fixed

I am aware of OSX Space navigator issue. It is not as easy to fix but at least it reproduced and fixing is in process.