3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

• 1 month later...

Greetings everyone

My name is Urs i am from Switzerland and i worked as a freelance 3d artist many years ago, mainly for television ads and exhibitions.

I did my first steps in 3d, in 1998. In parallel i am a music producer. The latter took over around 2010. But, i want to 3d again, need to learn a lot, however.

So much has changed in the past 10 years and i am eager to learn 3Dcoat as my go-to tool. 

I look forward to version 2021, as do many, i guess. Until then, i just try to learn the basics with the software and hope, with the 2021 release i have the foundation to really get started.

That's the short about me. Thanks for reading!

• Advanced Member

Hello!  I started a career many years ago, as a computer programmer.  I achieved a job working for a home improvement company for nine years, but found that my creative desires in that job were not being fulfilled.   Towards the end of that job, I started to stress, and become depressed.   When I requested a leave of absence to deal with what I felt was a building mental break down, they decided to let me go.  

Throughout my education, and later my career as a programmer, I often thought about getting into 3D modelling, and animation.   I often experimented with several programs over the years, and I wasn't too bad, but not the greatest either.   First 3D Max, because that was what the school I went to after I was fired used for training.  Later Maya, and now Blender.   Eventually I found the Second Life simulators, which allowed me to practice and improve my skills and make a little money on the side doing it.

Now, I'm working on my first full mesh playable creature.   Initially I intend to just make Second Life avatars, but once I am efficient at it in Second Life, I intend to apply my skills to other mediums.  I bought 3D coat consumer in the hopes of finding an efficient way to generate normal maps for my creatures.   I'm not the best at it yet, but I keep practicing and experimenting with it, and finding it very very powerful, I'm just clumsy with it yet.    Give me time though, and I'll improve.  Maybe some day I will actually make my own game.   One can hope right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Callak said:

Hello!  I started a career many years ago, as a computer programmer.  I achieved a job working for a home improvement company for nine years, but found that my creative desires in that job were not being fulfilled.   Towards the end of that job, I started to stress, and become depressed.   When I requested a leave of absence to deal with what I felt was a building mental break down, they decided to let me go.  

Throughout my education, and later my career as a programmer, I often thought about getting into 3D modelling, and animation.   I often experimented with several programs over the years, and I wasn't too bad, but not the greatest either.   First 3D Max, because that was what the school I went to after I was fired used for training.  Later Maya, and now Blender.   Eventually I found the Second Life simulators, which allowed me to practice and improve my skills and make a little money on the side doing it.

Now, I'm working on my first full mesh playable creature.   Initially I intend to just make Second Life avatars, but once I am efficient at it in Second Life, I intend to apply my skills to other mediums.  I bought 3D coat consumer in the hopes of finding an efficient way to generate normal maps for my creatures.   I'm not the best at it yet, but I keep practicing and experimenting with it, and finding it very very powerful, I'm just clumsy with it yet.    Give me time though, and I'll improve.  Maybe some day I will actually make my own game.   One can hope right?

Never lose hope, and welcome!

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, threedee said:

Never lose hope, and welcome!

It's hard to keep hope sometimes, but I manage.   Thanks for the well wishes though!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Marcin here, from Poland. I am a Blender user  and huge fan, 3d hobbist (i hope it will change some day). Former photographer, retoucher. In reality I like to draw with deep black ink and pencil as well. I absolutely love everything connected with 3D since I touched this area. 
I am becoming a fan od 3DC:) 

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, I am really new to 3d Coat I decided to purchase it  last week and I am absolutely blown away at how good it is.  The feature set is so rich and already after only a week of practicing with it I can see  how 3d Coat is really going to help improve my skill level. Doing really complex modeling is a breeze, I have only skimmed the surface but what an amazing piece of kit. I am looking forward to really digging deep and seeing what I can produce with it. Thank you for making an excellent piece of software at an affordable price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Zero plans on ever posting another thing on this forum but I'm forced to post this one. Ended my Windows career with Zbrush and Photoshop with a Linux move a few months back (harhar on the Lutris/Wine Zbrush thing- you can't make a living with dicey workarounds). Traded all that for Houdini, Krita... and. this. thing. called 3dCoat?

Majestic application. Mind crushed at this powerful toolset. Had some odd issues here and there but the more I dig the more I fully understand 3dCoat is a ZBrush killer ESPECIALLY for those moving from the tech giant insanity of Windows into the more sanguine fields of Linux.

I want to express deep appreciation to Pilgway for supporting the Linux world with a masterful piece of software. I fully plan on purchasing within weeks. I had zero interest in the sale. A company creating such a wizardry beast for the artists deserves to be paid handsomely.

Peace out from the bat