3DCoat Forums

I'm currently using 3D Studio Max 2011, and I'm unable to get it to work. I'm having the same issue as Newbie, where I'm forced to manually install the necessary files, and I still received an error.

I'll try to clarify. I'm not familiar with any scripting, especially not MaxScript. Now, I can understand if 2011 is incompatible or whatever. I'll have to make some workflow changes, but that's on me.

Anyway, to make the problem a bit more clear, the exact error text is:

• "--Unknown property: "isOpen" in undefined"

Behind the error window, is the MaxScript editor window, with the, what I'm assuming, is the macro script for the applink. It has this line high-lighted when it pops up:

• "else CreateDialog floatercoatconverter pos: floatercoatconverterpos style: #(#style_titlebar, #style_border, #style_sysmenu, #style_minimizebox)"

Like I said, I'm not familiar with how MaxScript works, maybe that's just the last line that it highlights automatically because that is how the editor works. I don't ever really mess with it unless I KNOW what I need to change per exact instructions.

Anyway, I don't mean to seem ignorant to the process. I'll mess with it and see if there's anything that I messed up myself, and if so, I'll repost and say if anything I did made it work for me.

3D Coat AppLink only for 3D Max 2014. 2013 - ? because i don't know structure of folders in it.

- icons fixed

- start link fixed

I followed the instructions to the letter and still get Maxscipt errors popping up, when I click on the icon

I followed the instructions to the letter and still get Maxscipt errors popping up, when I click on the icon

I don`t know what is wrong. On the new computer I installed 3D Max 2014 and 3D Coat v4. Copied all from 3DS_AppLink_3DCOAT_to_Max_2014.rar and run 3D Max. Everything works.

For dark theme "macro_3DS_AppLink_16i.bmp" and "macro_3DS_AppLink_24i.bmp" must be copied to "... 3ds Max 2014 \ UI_ln \ IconsDark"

- I did a little video "how to install 3dcoat applink for 3d max 2014" Edited by ren
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

I am having problems installing the App-Link for 3D Coat and 3DS Max 2014. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Thanks to the video I was able to install the Applink without any problems, thank you!

I have one question though. When I send off an editable Poly to 3d-Coat work on it and then send it back, it arrives back in 3DS Max as an editable Mesh instead of an editable Poly. Is this usual or do I have to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

Doesn't anyone have a solution to this problem? It really is buggin me :( I am sure it must only be a setting somewhere which I am overlooking.

Many programs do this.  I can't be sure at the moment, as I don't have time to test, but I believe this could be an import setting in Max.

Thanks to the video I was able to install the Applink without any problems, thank you!

I have one question though. When I send off an editable Poly to 3d-Coat work on it and then send it back, it arrives back in 3DS Max as an editable Mesh instead of an editable Poly. Is this usual or do I have to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

I think It`s normal for import of 3d max. Import/export mostly working with triangles. I have this problem, but i don`t think what is it realy bug.

I am glad to present 3D-Max applink written by 1acc (scriptattack.com) from Russia.

All instructions are in readme_eng.txt. Please give your feedback.

attachicon.gif3DS_AppLink (3).zip

sources of the plugin:

attachicon.gif3DS_AppLink_source.rar

Edit: 12 Oct 2010 - updated to release version

Edit: 22 Oct 2010 - updated with several fixes

Edit: 01 Nov 2010 - updated

Edit: 19 Jan 2011 - updated

Edit: 15 Jan 2012 - updated

doesn't work for me. When I click the applink Icon..i get an error "no + function  or undefined" and makes keeps beeping. 

<_<

Few times i try to install Applink for my 3dsmax 2014. I try different version Applink but it doesn't work. When i click on Manual update occur nothing. Can it be, because i have cyrillic letters in the path to Exchange folder? I know some programm (Alias studio, Keyshot) doesn't work for this reason.

Thanks!

Few times i try to install Applink for my 3dsmax 2014. I try different version Applink but it doesn't work. When i click on Manual update occur nothing. Can it be, because i have cyrillic letters in the path to Exchange folder? I know some programm (Alias studio, Keyshot) doesn't work for this reason.

Thanks!

Yes, it doesn't work for 3dsmax2014.

With the latest BETA19 build my 3ds max AppLink stoped to remember Path and Folder paths between 3ds max sessions. Every time I want to use AppLink I have to setup paths again. Is there a way to fix it on my side?

Update. It looks like AppLink script needs to be updated. There are some text strings which point to 3D-CoatV4 instead of 3D-CoatV45.

if (findString pathtoIO "3D-CoatV4\\Exchange\\")==undefined then (
    a=pathConfig.convertPathToAbsolute "meshes"
    t=(findString a "Documents")+9
    tt=(substring a 1 t)+"3D-CoatV4\\Exchange\\"
    if (doesFileExist tt) then pathtoIO=tt
   )

Seems 3D Coat's renaming of the MyDocs/ 3D-CoatV4 directory has made the Applink unusable, now. Probably the case for all the applinks, not just Max. Please fix. I tried to go into the 3ds Max applink.ms file and change the directory name, manually, but for some reason that didn't work.

Hi. I'm new the 3dc but wanted to use my PBR material/tex in max. It there a workflow for that? This is what I have in 3dc and max now. trying mental ray and vray. 

spike_01.jpg

sp_tmprender_01.jpg

The script installs in 3ds Max 2016 ok, but when you begin to try and USE it, the applink is borked. Nothing I tried worked. I even tried to change the filepath in the .ms file, to 3D-CoatV45, but no joy.

This script is weird. I couldn't get it to work until I went into the macro_3DS_AppLink.mcr file and properly tabbed the lines (I find it hard to read scripts without formatting)...

Either way, works fine now in both max 2012 and max 2016, using 3DC 4.1 and 4.5

This script is weird. I couldn't get it to work until I went into the macro_3DS_AppLink.mcr file and properly tabbed the lines (I find it hard to read scripts without formatting)...

Either way, works fine now in both max 2012 and max 2016, using 3DC 4.1 and 4.5

I can install it, but I cannot get assets back and forth between the two apps, because the folder name has changed to 3D Coat V45, and it hasn't been updated. I asked Andrew about it, and he said he would inform the guy working on the script. Months later....still no joy. Have you tried moving assets back and forth between them?

Yep, back and forth works, but there's a lot of extra BS past what I did with the install.

It might just be something with my computers permissions (I'm admin, so...) but the way pathtoIO.ini file is handled is seriously busted. As a result, before every max/applink session it needs to be deleted (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\MacroScripts\macro_3DS_AppLink). Unfortunately it gets locked the moment its used once, so if you ever close the applink window you'll need to restart max (and delete the ini) before it'll work properly again. Also due to the ini issues, you will need to re-input the exchange path and output folder at the top of the applik window once for ever session.