3DCoat Forums
    • word of advice .. you probably already do ... but use a seperate software for modelling , honestly it will save you alot of time .. 
    • Hi! I think the picture and title says it all, but I think the reason is that I am personnally lost in my shaders especially when I have multiple ones that are sort of in the same range of color, would be great to be able to display their name under it to quickly recognize them.   
    • Hi Oleg, to clarify some things, i simply went to the modelling room and began extruding faces of a cube to see where it would take me. It took very little time until I ran into many issues. (Too many to list). Honestly if you cant see the issues yourselves then we have no hope. We cant be your QA for rudimentary issues. If you guys think it all works great and is 'as designed' then good for you, but unfortunately I would have to say if that's the case, then that user experience is not for me.
    • Although I do agree with you that the software has issues, exposing those and encourage developers to prioritise fixing is the way to go, I'd say. Publicly sharing our own frustrations is understandable, but of little effect in general if it's left at that. Sharing what's not working and what frustrations it brings, along with expected behaviours of the tools it's ultimately our best chance of getting what we want. Plain expositions of our feelings, even justified feelings, won't get us much. For what I can use 3DCoat, I do use it and like it. For what I can't, I don't. It could help if more elaborated issues are posted in these forums, with or without frustrations included if they illustrate the issue better. And if those issues seem to not be deemed important enough, dismissed or postponed their tackling at eternum... well, then we better look elsewhere and come back after a while to see if things progressed in a way it benefits us. That's what I'm trying to do and encouraging you to do as well. Don't take it the wrong way, I fundamentally agree with your points. Just trying to be practical.  
    • CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: Lian Li HydroShift LCD 360S Liquid CPU Cooler Review - ThinkComputers.org. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: The Lian Li Hydroshift LCD 360S AIO Cooler Review- Sleek, Stylish, and Lively - AnandTech. Microphone: Maono WM620 Review - APH Networks. Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed review - PC Gamer. NAS/Enclosure: OWC Express 4M2 - OCinside. SSD: Corsair MP600 Mini 2 TB Review - Great Storage for Steam Deck - TechPowerUp. SSD: TEAMGROUP T-FORCE G70 PRO 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - Nikk Tech. Case: XPG Invader X Review - TechPowerUp. Hard Drive: Seagate IronWolf Pro 24TB HDD Review, Best NAS Hard Drive This Year- - ThePCEnthusiast. PC: MSI Vision Elite RS Review - PCMag.
    • https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30514-3d-coat-bug/#comment-195294   I cant even use the software basic functionality  If this very basic bug will not be fixed in next update ill just ask a refund for my last upgrade 1 month ago, the software is not working and i cant use it   
    • We will add this feature in the future. Currently you can use the Surface Swept tool  
    • Modelling Room Profile types... Does anyone know where these Profile Types are located. Can I make my own? We currently have these (see attached), I'd like to see if can make one - if possible. Thanks
    • thank you for your answer.   3d coat was running in study mode. I realized it in texture painting mode. My payment date has already passed. I will make the payment quickly. lol    thanks.
    • To answer your question I tried:  1) I just had the bug again today - disconnected the tablet and could use the lasso with the trackpad of my PC and it worked. 2) Replugged the tablet and the bug was gone.    
    • I was testing exporting on version 2024.20 using this settings I can export the torch without any trouble.
    • Try disabling windows scaling in shortcut preference of 3DCoat (needs latest windows 10 build), and increasing font size in 3DCoat preference.
    • Thank you for your reply, Is there any way to increase the size of the ui? on a 4k screen the UI is really difficult to see Ive already increased the font size but thats not quite enough. there are tabs and buttons that are hard to use/press/see. Ive tried a few ways such as forcing it to use its own scaling rather than windows, but thats not working correctly either.
    • i making torch but it is not work when i export usd, obj, fbx why did it happen?  torch.3b
    • Having bug fixing and new tools appear in the same builds is a bad decision, to me. I don't know how feasible it would be, but here's a possible better situation (for the users, developers might hate me for this, but I'm not saying it because I love the Caesar less, but because I love Rome more): A ) Having a Stable branch: only bug fixes and consolidation of tools and workflows gets here. Builds explain what's fixed, and what major workflows and refined tools are incorporated. Documentation is updated and videos released showing what's new and changed (nothing else than that, to the point, edited, concrete and complete). B ) Testing branch. A "new tools branch" to test new tools/algorithms and workflows. It's to show and test new tools, or refactoring of older ones. This branch encourages testing, experimentation, discovery of new workflows. Users use it to test bleeding edge tools, and provide feedback on workflows using them to polish functions exposed to the user, how such functions are exposed, and how users combine them to establish new workflows. This feedback is used by developers to fine tune the tools and even interface. Once it all works, feedback can't find bugs, workflows are already in use by some users daily... then they are merged in the "stable" branch. All feedback is taken into account to update documentation and produce new video content to illustrate new tools and workflows intent. Right now, I need bug fixes, but I get them with new ones (new bugs), along changes in tools and workflows and even UI. It's difficult to work like this. I have to pay attention to too much, and I use other tools as well. Give us bug fixing, new tools, new workflows and development without slowing down research and testing of tools. Give us: Stable branch of 3DCoat, Testing branch of 3DCoat, and a delicious cake! Well, keep the cake, we'll make our own to celebrate!   It's a nice software. We'd really like to use it more. Come on! Go, go, go!!