3DCoat Forums

I updated my 3DCoat to version 2022.47 from 2022.16 now it says (learning) at the top of the window

michaelws

Go to solution Solved by AbnRanger,

When I used the Update Manager to get the latest version of 3DCoat I now get this at the top of my window - 3DCoat 2022.47(learning).  The word "learning" is what throws me.  Does that mean I have a trial version now instead of a permanent version?  When I check my Account page it shows that I get free upgrades until July 7, 2022.  I wasn't aware of a time limitation with 3DCoat before.  I haven't used the product since upgrading from V4 to 2021.  Because I did not know of any time limitation am I now out of luck?  I cannot remember if the 2022.16 version had the word "learning" like it does now.

I really only use the Paint and Texturing capabilities but since I have owned 3DCoat for many years I bought the full upgrade instead of purchasing Textura.  Now that it tells me I am no longer eligible to upgrade I don't know what to do here.

I am hoping someone can make this a bit clearer, or easier to understand.  Thanks

Edited by michaelws

Hello

Please look at this link

when the next stable build (not beta on the forum) will be available in the Download section (https://3dcoat.com/download/?download=windowsafter your free yearly update cycle the upgrade offer will appear automatically in your account. 

The logic is the following - we sell the upgrade - we do not sell just the maintenance officially. We sell license for the last stable build.  12 months of free upgrades after the last upgrade is just our gift.  

After 12 months period since the date of purchase your license did not expire:

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

The license itself is permanent and in your account, you can download any version that was released during that period. But we did not promise anybody unlimited free updates.

Cheers

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution
4 minutes ago, michaelws said:

I hate to be persistant Carlosan but is the $45 what I would pay to get another 12 months of updates?  Thanks and I appreciate your help with this so far.

I just don't want to pay the 45 if is is not for this purpose.

That is correct. The upgrade is basically 12 months of updates, and your permanent license simply means you can use the last version/build released within that 12 month period, perpetually. So, if you were to upgrade today, you would get all 3DCoat 2022 updates and 2023.xx (whichever is the last build on October 13 2023). I hope that clears things up a little. 

• 1 month later...

Meh, that would have been a nice thing to clear up explicitly, when the word permanent was communicated for them adhds like some of us.
I'm in the same shoes as Michaelws was.However, I don't see the 45 monetary unit upgrade option. Where is it?  

Edited by Snowflake

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 6:18 PM, Snowflake said:

Meh, that would have been a nice thing to clear up explicitly, when the word permanent was communicated for them adhds like some of us.
I'm in the same shoes as Michaelws was.However, I don't see the 45 monetary unit upgrade option. Where is it?  

I know the topic was resolved and everything, just one addition. If you don't see/get the 45EUR upgrade, turn off your adblockers. Apparently it does too good of a job. Once it's turned off, the upgrade button worked.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

One thing I found a bit confusing / annoying - is that even after your 12 months free upgrades are finished (like the OP, mine were last Summer, and 2022.34 is the last stable release available for my 2021 license), you still get told that a new stable build is available on the Splash Screen... even though its release is outside the 12 month cut-off, and installing it results in you having a "Learning" version. EG I currently have a prompt to install New stable build: 2022.38

Another thing to be aware of, is that last years installs went into a folder with the year 2021 appended to the folder name - now this is 2022.   You can therefore accidentally run the wrong version if you are using old shortcuts. If you install the latest version or any that you do not have a license for, they will overwrite your current 2022 version. You can grab the correct version & reinstall, but it is possible that you might lose some settings.

• 11 months later...

What with this "learning mode"? i got permanent license and upgrade as well still this "Learning Mode" doesnt remove..because of this I CAN'T EXPORT high Tris.. im really upset how this software things works! anyone can help me we this??

What with this "learning mode"? i got permanent license and upgrade as well still this "Learning Mode" doesnt remove..because of this I CAN'T EXPORT high Tris.. im really upset how this software things works! anyone can help me we this??

Hi, I tried this before and still it doesnt work.. the learning mode is still in there and other solution?

Did uninstall the license and reinstall it multiple times, i did login on website as well
Nothing works!

I hate that i can't export high resolution of my work. i got the permanent and upgraded as well.

(2).png

• Reputable Contributor

Send your problem to sales@pilgway.com

The below is for the windows version of 3DC.

Something to try. After you have uninstalled the application remove the 3dcoat folder under your Documents folder.

Before installing again make sure you have copied your license

Will the above work, it is worth a try.

Thanks for Answering! I tried as well, It didn't work.. its really frustrating.. i will try to contact sales@pilgway.com on this thank you!

• Thanks 1