3DCoat Forums

Reasons why i don't upgrade this year

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Elemeno said:

guys ... what is happening?

these guys work so hard updating , and fixing bugs ... they are trying to add as many features as possible , buying the upgrade not only give you the updated version, but it gives you a year of free updates and the money given helps these guys keep developing and keep them above the ever increasing price of living .. 

Hello everyone, I appreciate that before passing judgment on the opinions of others you should read the entire forum topic, Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

I see you guys are still working hard on this amazing tool, you added some black magic level of functionality its truly amazing. no other program have this features. personally i dont need them but i can appreciate the innovation.  

I came to see how is the development doing, i see that none of my suggestions has been adopted. UI is still divided, modeling room still require two times the clicks to do the same operations compared to maya or blender or modo. still have a separated select tool for some reason and no major tools that are using context sensitive approach. 

UI is still designed with a lot of text and its still a major problem in the smart materials workflow 

For now I continue with my 2022 version for sculpting and auto retopo, its still amazing for that. i love it. 
But I still wont upgrade until the UX will go thru a major makeover. sorry guys .. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Just a user said:

I see you guys are still working hard on this amazing tool, you added some black magic level of functionality its truly amazing. no other program have this features. personally i dont need them but i can appreciate the innovation.  

I came to see how is the development doing, i see that none of my suggestions has been adopted. UI is still divided, modeling room still require two times the clicks to do the same operations compared to maya or blender or modo. still have a separated select tool for some reason and no major tools that are using context sensitive approach. 

UI is still designed with a lot of text and its still a major problem in the smart materials workflow 

For now I continue with my 2022 version for sculpting and auto retopo, its still amazing for that. i love it. 
But I still wont upgrade until the UX will go thru a major makeover. sorry guys .. 

why does the ui need a major makeover in order for an upgrade? ... if you can use 3dcoat that should matter .. the ui would bring in alot of new custom but at the minute its not massively important , you are right about the modelling room though 100%%%%

hopefully they can work with a polygon modeller and have a good workflow

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Just a user said:

The UI will be divided for the foreseeable future because the code base is not something you can totally replace overnight. The workspaces are there for different stages of a typical studio pipeline and thus, I see no major problem with it. Some consolidation of a few workspaces, yes, but from what I understand it would take way too much development time for too little benefit....when there are hundreds of standing user requests for other features.

Andrew has already done a LOT to improve the UI and there is more to come, but it will be an ongoing, incremental effort of improvement rather than a major overhaul.

19 hours ago, Elemeno said:

why does the ui need a major makeover in order for an upgrade? ... if you can use 3dcoat that should matter .. the ui would bring in alot of new custom but at the minute its not massively important , you are right about the modelling room though 100%%%%

hopefully they can work with a polygon modeller and have a good workflow

I explained that in depth in the main post and in the attached thread