3DCoat Forums

Blend brush

lc8b105

• Advanced Member

This kindof thing would be very welcome in 3DC. +1 from me.

I hope at some point that the brush engine gets a major look at. It's still quite slow to use sometimes and I can only imagine that having more complex brush functions will only slow it down even more.. but fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to have something like this work between layers also, but with most if not all the brushes.

You can have voxels on separate layers, but work on more than one layer at a time.

That way you can blend the shapes but retain control over separate layers.

Another thing could be to have layers collapse with optional IDs for separate objects. The ID would let you sculpt on anything like normal, but shapes won't really melt in to one. You can set a mask and work on a single ID at a time. You can choose to collapse the ID too for a real merge.

• 13 years later...
  • Advanced Member

There's still no such paint mode and I too would think this would be a valuable addition to 3DCoat. If possible acess also depth layers, but having color/metal/rough accross seams/layers would be already amazing =)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Member
On 5/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Vexod14 said:

There's still no such paint mode and I too would think this would be a valuable addition to 3DCoat. If possible acess also depth layers, but having color/metal/rough accross seams/layers would be already amazing =)

what you can do if edit the projection into photoshop or clip studio and use their vast selection of brushes and keep changing between the two, process is slightly slower than being inside the 3dcoat but not much

• Advanced Member

What about managing also metal/rough/depth, all at once alongside color ? So far the projection method limits you to edit only one of these at a time

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2023 at 1:17 PM, Vexod14 said:

Please share an example, the link on the first post is broken.

Also a detailed step by step process to generate a feature request.

thanks

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Alright, here's a video of this tool I just recorded (I compare it to standard ones we have in both Photoshop and 3D-Coat to establish a reference point). Hope this helps !

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Vexod14 said:

Alright, here's a video of this tool I just recorded (I compare it to standard ones we have in both Photoshop and 3D-Coat to establish a reference point). Hope this helps !

ive wanted blend brushes for so long... i do most of this in projection .. but would be amazing to be able to do it inside 3dcoat

• Like 1